2019 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Graterol cannot be on the playoff roster. That fastball is too flat and will get hammered for homers.

Cool that they got the HR record. I hope Arreaz is a fast healer and Kepler is available as well.

It's awesome they beat the yankees for the home run record. I hope next year they take the juice out of the ball so our record stands for a while!

Game One starts @ 6:00 Friday and Game Two @ 4:00 Saturday (about halftime of the Gopher game).

Honestly beating the Yankees may feel just as good as wining the world series..

STrib: At long last, Miguel Sano fulfilling his promise with Twins

If the Twins front office hadn’t signed Nelson Cruz, and he hadn’t taken a personal interest in reviving Miguel Sano’s career, he would not have hit 34 home runs, the Twins wouldn’t hold the home run record, and they might have struggled to make the playoffs.

Twins executives Derek Falvey and Thad Levine deserve credit. Cruz deserves credit. But their efforts wouldn’t have mattered if Sano hadn’t taken responsibility for his failings.

Sano is the reason Sano is becoming the player he was always expected to be.

Other Twins executives, managers, coaches and teammates tried to lead Sano in the past. He just happened to find the ideal leader when he was ready to follow.

“He has grown up,” Cruz said. “He understands the responsibility he has to the team, he knows how important he is for us, and he’s taking care of his body and the little things that will make him better. I’m really proud of how much he’s grown, both in the game and outside the game as a person.

“The first time I saw him at spring training, he said, ‘Whatever you’re doing, I’m doing it with you.’ That’s what you want. You don’t want to chase guys. You want them to be hungry to learn.”

http://www.startribune.com/at-long-last-miguel-sano-fulfilling-his-promise-with-twins/561828222/

Win Twins!!

I see the Strib is bringing back "Homer Hankies" for the playoffs.

I think it should have been "Bomba Bandannas." do something new.

Plus, you can wear a Bandanna. it's a dual-use promotion.

I see the Strib is bringing back "Homer Hankies" for the playoffs.

I think it should have been "Bomba Bandannas." do something new.

Plus, you can wear a Bandanna. it's a dual-use promotion.

KFAn has a whole Bomba line going on right now called dongtober or something like that. There were hints they would come out with a hankie.

Goll we need Berrios to shove some A Friday...we need to win 1 in NY

I actually like Odo's chances better. Berrios has traditionally choked and thats what i'm fully expecting

Stupid Pineda and his stupid diet...just force yourself to barf like the rest of us and be lights out game 1.

Stupid Pineda and his stupid diet...just force yourself to barf like the rest of us and be lights out game 1.

I would have liked his chances to go 6 innings and only give up 2 runs the best out of all of them.

This year feels different. Even though we've had our pitching challenges, this has been a historic team.

The Twins Aren’t Just Facing the Yankees in the ALDS. They’re Battling an Astounding Playoff Curse.

Take a trip down Minnesota memory lane with us. But be warned: It’s covered in Yankee glory and the rotting carcasses of Minnesota’s postseason dreams.

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2019/10/2/20894822/minnesota-twins-playoff-curse-alds-new-york-yankees

Win Twins!!

I feel like just winning a game would be a feel-good step forward.

And I wouldn't call it a curse necessarily. It's just been a bunch of playing scared and playing poorly...and umpiring poorly in the case of Cuzzi.

And I wouldn't call it a curse necessarily. It's just been a bunch of playing scared and playing poorly...and umpiring poorly in the case of Cuzzi.

2004/2009 had bad luck/bad umpiring. 2003, 2010 and 2017 we pretty much peed down our leg and had no shot.

This year feels different. Even though we've had our pitching challenges, this has been a historic team.

Agreed. Most of the players are different even from 2017. They don't care what happened before. Team has a few veterans with lots of playoff experience.

I see a lot of people online complaining about Game 1 being on MLB Network. I luckily have it but a lot of people don't. I don't think my parents do.

I see a lot of people online complaining about Game 1 being on MLB Network. I luckily have it but a lot of people don't. I don't think my parents do.

Comcast made it available to everyone temporarily

It would have been dumb NOT to because it would have given a lot of people exposure to things like youtubetv

I call conspiracy on that call by cuzzo. That is the worst call I've ever seen

Comcast made it available to everyone temporarily

It would have been dumb NOT to because it would have given a lot of people exposure to things like youtubetv

I heard this too but my coworker just told me "everyone" doesn't include people in the twin cities market. Is this true?

Top Bottom