2019 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I'm not sure if you're right or not as I haven't noticed that but his numbers overall have been horrible since April. OPS well under .600 and just 4 extra base hits since then. If he wasn't a chubby, lovable character Twins fans would have been screaming for him to be cut a long time ago.

I don't disagree, but Castro is hitting ~.150 since the All-Star break. You're going to want a 3rd catcher to allow for him to be PH hit for if necessary. Frankly you could argue not having Castro on the post-season roster as I expect Garver to start every game if healthy. But I doubt Rocco will do that.

Agreed.....Cron (assuming he can grip the bat) and Schoop should be on the roster.

I don't really see Schoop's value. He's hitting .160 with runners in scoring position for the season and out side of a couple of nice HR's in August hasn't done much offensively in the 2nd half. Even against a lefty, I'd rather leave Arreaz in the line-up.

I don't really see Schoop's value. He's hitting .160 with runners in scoring position for the season and out side of a couple of nice HR's in August hasn't done much offensively in the 2nd half. Even against a lefty, I'd rather leave Arreaz in the line-up.

Arreaz should definitely be in the line-up for all games. I'm just not sure it would necessarily be at second. Kepler's/Cron's health is a big question mark obviously. I don't want Wade to play anything beyond a late inning replacement. Cave hasn't been hitting as much recently as he did about a month ago when he was on a really nice stretch.

Arreaz should definitely be in the line-up for all games. I'm just not sure it would necessarily be at second. Kepler's/Cron's health is a big question mark obviously. I don't want Wade to play anything beyond a late inning replacement. Cave hasn't been hitting as much recently as he did about a month ago when he was on a really nice stretch.

I am hoping/assuming Kepler will be able to play and on the roster. If not, then Arreaz in LF may happen. I'd still use Adrianza or Gonzalez at 2B ahead of Schoop though.

I don't disagree, but Castro is hitting ~.150 since the All-Star break. You're going to want a 3rd catcher to allow for him to be PH hit for if necessary. Frankly you could argue not having Castro on the post-season roster as I expect Garver to start every game if healthy. But I doubt Rocco will do that.

If Castro starts any games, Garver will be the guy that will pinch hit for him so I don't think there is any need for a 3rd catcher. In most cases, the only guys that will/should start that could be pinched hit for is Castro, Wade, and Cave.

Never thought the arguments of the 24th & 25th players are not arguments about pitchers.

The 12 person staff that was on my original post is the staff that will be used. The only question is which lefty starts game 4.

Never thought the arguments of the 24th & 25th players are not arguments about pitchers.

The 12 person staff that was on my original post is the staff that will be used. The only question is which lefty starts game 4.

If you're down 2-1 you probably bring Berrios back on 3 days rest. In any event, they have to break their 13 game play-off losing streak first.

I'm not sure if you're right or not as I haven't noticed that but his numbers overall have been horrible since April. OPS well under .600 and just 4 extra base hits since then. If he wasn't a chubby, lovable character Twins fans would have been screaming for him to be cut a long time ago.

Anybody who has regularly watched this team this season (and I'm sure you have because you seem to know what you are talking about) can easily see the spark La Tortuga brings to the team. He's come through clutch many times this season (last night was another time). And as a bonus he gets the fans going too not just the rest of the team.

Anybody who has regularly watched this team this season (and I'm sure you have because you seem to know what you are talking about) can easily see the spark La Tortuga brings to the team. He's come through clutch many times this season (last night was another time). And as a bonus he gets the fans going too not just the rest of the team.

The numbers don’t back that up though. His high leverage numbers are bad. I’m not saying he never comes through but he just isn’t that good and the numbers back it up.

The numbers don’t back that up though. His high leverage numbers are bad. I’m not saying he never comes through but he just isn’t that good and the numbers back it up.

Have you not watched a lot of the games this year. Time and time again he has sparked energy for the team. The announcers have said it over and over, I've seen it at games I have been at.

A guy I work with just crunched some numbers (minor estimations for arbitration related $ included) and the Twins will have roughly 50 mil this offseason to spend on pitching. Their position players will basically all still be intact. On top of this year the Twins could be good for the next decade.

A guy I work with just crunched some numbers (minor estimations for arbitration related $ included) and the Twins will have roughly 50 mil this offseason to spend on pitching. Their position players will basically all still be intact. On top of this year the Twins could be good for the next decade.

$50 million seems high unless we're going to have a $150 payroll (certainly could, but I'd be surprised).

Have you not watched a lot of the games this year. Time and time again he has sparked energy for the team. The announcers have said it over and over, I've seen it at games I have been at.

How specifically has he sparked energy for the team? Because, again, playing well is not one of them.

It's still amazing to me that he was still pitching at a high level when the Twins traded for him considering his arm was already falling off his body. Can't fault the Twins: he and Romo had the lowest hard contact rates of all the relievers on the market at that time.

This reeks of whoever he played for before we traded for him knowing full well he was damaged goods.

This reeks of whoever he played for before we traded for him knowing full well he was damaged goods.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get back at least one of the prospects we traded or at minimum some financial compensation. The Giants had to know.

Go White Sox (8-3). What a fun Twins season this has been. It managed to bridge the gap and more before Gopher football season.

What start do you give Dobnak? I'm hoping that Gibson is not on the postseason roster even though he seems like a heckuva guy.

They clinched! Incredible season, let’s keep it going!

I can’t wait to see the lineup tomorrow.

They clinched! Incredible season, let’s keep it going!

I can’t wait to see the lineup tomorrow.

There's a balance in there, somewhere. Baseball is a game of momentum, so, hopefully, they can keep the starters in a good rhythm. I would still make sure they get some game action during the next series.

It's just too bad that we have to fire Falvey and Levine after the season because they didn't trade for a starter at the deadline. Right, Howie?

It's just too bad that we have to fire Falvey and Levine after the season because they didn't trade for a starter at the deadline. Right, Howie?

The Twins clinch a play-off spot and you come here to post this. It must be fun being you.

It was a fun season. They have the line-up and the bullpen. Can you win a World Series with 2.5 starters? I guess we'll find out.

The Twins clinch a play-off spot and you come here to post this. It must be fun being you.

It was such a profoundly stupid thing to say (particularly when the Twins were holding a comfortable division lead at the very time you said it) that I had to take the occasion of the team's first division championship in 9 years to remind you just how stupid it was.

Then again, pretty much all of your Twins takes are terrible. I look forward to more posts about how half the current roster of a 100-win team "has to be traded" or the executives responsible for that 100-win team "have to be fired." Or wait, how the Twins can't win in the playoffs because it would "anger the Sports Gods." Or how [random Twins player X] "has to" be benched and/or demoted immediately because he's on a cold streak. And if he's not, Falvey and Levine must be fired. Oh, Howie - never stop being you.

It was such a profoundly stupid thing to say (particularly when the Twins were holding a comfortable division lead at the very time you said it) that I had to take the occasion of the team's first division championship in 9 years to remind you just how stupid it was.

Then again, pretty much all of your Twins takes are terrible. I look forward to more posts about how half the current roster of a 100-win team "has to be traded" or the executives responsible for that 100-win team "have to be fired." Or wait, how the Twins can't win in the playoffs because it would "anger the Sports Gods." Or how [random Twins player X] "has to" be benched and/or demoted immediately because he's on a cold streak. And if he's not, Falvey and Levine must be fired. Oh, Howie - never stop being you.

These are the words of an insufferable and/or miserable person. Take note everyone.

It was a fun season. They have the line-up and the bullpen. Can you win a World Series with 2.5 starters? I guess we'll find out.

They did with a 3rd starter being Les Straker in 87.

These are the words of an insufferable and/or miserable person. Take note everyone.

Nah, just someone who enjoys making fun of stupid sh1t people say. No one is looking for or cares about your armchair diagnosis, Dr. Penis.

Top Bottom