2019 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Berrios sure looked good tonight. Hope he’s getting back on track.

Buxton was never coming back as a full time player this season. Mildly surprised they didn't keep him around as a pinch runner/defensive substitute. I'd trade either Sano or Rosario and Buxton for pitching this off-season if you can still get value for him.

Hopefully good Berrios is back.

Team is in trouble. Keep trotting out Wade, who's hitting comfortably below .100 because nobody else can play center field. On top of that, after all the fanfare about the "Bombas", it looks more and more likely that they won't lead the league in HRs.

Team is in trouble. Keep trotting out Wade, who's hitting comfortably below .100 because nobody else can play center field. On top of that, after all the fanfare about the "Bombas", it looks more and more likely that they won't lead the league in HRs.

They say Sano, Cron and Kepler are available but won't play them. Rocco won't play Garver 3 days in a row even if they're all night games. He needs to stop babying every player who's banged up. Wade can't hit. Castro can't hit. Schoop is terrible. Rosario is terrible right now. This line-up gives them no chance. And Rosario's half-@ssed defense led directly to 3 runs. I won't be sad if he's traded in the off-season.

They say Sano, Cron and Kepler are available but won't play them. Rocco won't play Garver 3 days in a row even if they're all night games. He needs to stop babying every player who's banged up. Wade can't hit. Castro can't hit. Schoop is terrible. Rosario is terrible right now. This line-up gives them no chance. And Rosario's half-@ssed defense led directly to 3 runs. I won't be sad if he's traded in the off-season.

Somebody should probably tell Baldelli that the magic number isn't at "0" yet, because he's certainly managing like the club is just getting ready for postseason.

Agree on Rosario. I'm sick and tired of watching him popout on one pitch with runners in scoring position.

Garver needs to play every game in the post season. Dude has 30 HRs in less than 300 at bats.

Garver needs to play every game in the post season. Dude has 30 HRs in less than 300 at bats.

The Twins need to get to the post season. This sets up for an ugly weekend in Cleveland.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Twins need to get to the post season. This sets up for an ugly weekend in Cleveland.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The twins are fine. Everyone is freaking out over nothing. Win tonight, win 1 game in cleveland, win the division.

Somebody should probably tell Baldelli that the magic number isn't at "0" yet, because he's certainly managing like the club is just getting ready for postseason.

Agree on Rosario. I'm sick and tired of watching him popout on one pitch with runners in scoring position.

I think we'll see a lot of those guys back for the Cleveland series.

I think we'll see a lot of those guys back for the Cleveland series.

Cron came into the game Tuesday night and had an AB. But we still sit him for Astudillo. At the very least, Garver and Cron should have been in the line-up last night.

Cron came into the game Tuesday night and had an AB. But we still sit him for Astudillo. At the very least, Garver and Cron should have been in the line-up last night.

Cron is hitting .208 with a .376 slugging pct since his thumb injury. I would take Astudillo over that any day of the week.

Cron is hitting .208 with a .376 slugging pct since his thumb injury. I would take Astudillo over that any day of the week.

He's been better the last week or two, and is more likely to hit a HR, which is about the only way we were going to score last night.

The Twins need to take advantage of the rain and call the game tonight. Shift this to 9/30. It probably won't even need to be played.

Tonight game is going to get in period. The last of the rain is about to hit the Metro and looking at the radar there no rain in site after that. Should easy get it in.

Another ugly loss with questionable managing. I'd give them 50/50 to win the division at this point.

Another ugly loss with questionable managing. I'd give them 50/50 to win the division at this point.

Any momentum we had is definitely gone. Nothing like backing your way into the play offs.

Any momentum we had is definitely gone. Nothing like backing your way into the play offs.

Injuries injuries injuries. Twins dont have the pitching to overcome the injuries the same way the Tribe have.

Twins need all the help they can get with the 3 guys the Tribe are throwing at them this weekend. Fudge.

Last edited:

Injuries injuries injuries. Twins dont have the pitching to overcome the injuries the same way the Tribe have.

Twins need all the help they can get with the 3 guys the Tribe are throwing at them this weekend. Fudge.

I'll be thrilled if they win one game this week-end. Feels like a sweep is coming and 0.5 game lead come Monday.

I'll be thrilled if they win one game this week-end. Feels like a sweep is coming and 0.5 game lead come Monday.

I have the same feeling. Even if most of the hitters come back, they will be out of rhythm. And then they have to face those 3 pitchers. Formula for disaster

I'd like to see them avoid the will card game, but there's no guarantee they'll even make the playoffs. As of today, Cleveland would not be in one of the 2 wild card slots.

Top Bottom