2019 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Yes we continue to spend money and effort on Gibson instead of moving on. Please don't make it sound worse :(.

Move on to who? He makes ~$7 million and is their 2nd best starter and has been pretty solid since June of 2017. They do need another starter, but not in place of him.

Because when I got to twins games and he pitches it is 8-0 by the third. That is it. Nothing scientific. I just don't like him :). I'm not trying to pretend like RBI's and batting average is important. I'm just saying boooohoooo on Gibson!!!

Because when I got to twins games and he pitches it is 8-0 by the third. That is it. Nothing scientific. I just don't like him :). I'm not trying to pretend like RBI's and batting average is important. I'm just saying boooohoooo on Gibson!!!

Gibby has actually been fairly solid for a while now. He's not a #1 or 2 guy in a rotation and never will be but he's definitely serviceable.

Maybe I’m just missing the strategy, but why is Berrios not pitching again until game 8? Why the 10 day break?

Maybe I’m just missing the strategy, but why is Berrios not pitching again until game 8? Why the 10 day break?

Berrios pitched on Tuesday against KC. Sunday will be his 3rd start of the season.

I'll throw this here, but maybe it belongs somewhere else.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I didn’t expect the Twins to score 10 runs in a game deGrom started. First time deGrom gave up more than 3 runs in a game in 32 starts.

What a fun game. Too bad Gibson couldn’t finish the 5th, but this lineup looks solid. It will be hard to keep La Tortuga on the bench this year

As Dick and Justin noted last night, they'll return from a daunting road trip with no worse than a winning record. Lots to build on; plenty to still get right.

What a fun game. Too bad Gibson couldn’t finish the 5th, but this lineup looks solid. It will be hard to keep La Tortuga on the bench this year

Gibby is Gibby. I would be surprised if he ever is able to string together 3-4 seasons with an era around or below 4

Thank you Gibson for not screwing that up! Props to you!

That was a very impressive win last night against the best pitcher in the game.

Hey Twins, your line-up looks great. Your bullpen looks passable. Your starting rotation will bring you down. Dallas Kuechel is unemployed.....

STrib: Twins' Miguel Sano ready to head to Fort Myers

Miguel Sano lashed out at a series of batting practice pitches Saturday, proving that his injured right foot hasn’t affected his ability to crush 65-mile-per-hour fastballs. As a reward, Sano has won a free trip to Florida.

His return ticket? Probably still a month off.

“The days are hot, and they only play in the hot weather,” the Twins’ erstwhile third baseman, who missed all of spring training while a deep cut just above his right heel healed, said of his upcoming trip to Fort Myers. “I’ll go there for a while. … All I want is to come back and play the game here.”

By the middle of the week, Chief Baseball Officer Derek Falvey said, Sano will report to the Twins’ Florida headquarters to begin a simulated, if shortened, spring training — first working on regaining the conditioning that two idle months has cost him, and after 10 days of that, perhaps playing for the Class A Miracle.

“He’ll tell you he’s good to go, ready to play tomorrow, which is good. That’s where his mind-set is,” Falvey said. “Our hope would be that we’re maybe looking at early May for that. I said a while back that we’re maybe targeting an early May return to the big leagues — it’s more than likely an early May return to playing baseball. How much time it takes from that point to be big-league ready, it’s going to be dependent on how that goes.”

Sano will probably play at Class AAA Rochester or Class AA Pensacola before returning to the Twins as well, Falvey said.

http://www.startribune.com/twins-miguel-sano-ready-to-head-to-fort-myers/508549592/

Win Twins!!

I question how disciplined Sano is. He seems like he's got great potential, so, hopefully, he can get things straightened out. The Twins might need to invest in someone that can keep him under observation &#55357;&#56898;

If posting this is wrong, I don't want to be right: Hildenberger is Dan Quisenberry with more velocity. He's really come into his own as an excellent pitcher. I know the Twins are rolling with closer by committee, and that's cool, but the guy's got classic closer stuff.

When things were looking dark in the 9th today, I said to my wife, well, looks like Hildy's gonna have to come in again and save the day. Good thing he only had to throw seven pitches to get two strikeouts (!).

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Win Twins!!

Last night's loss is the manager. I know the options were limited, but you can't use Mejia in that role.

Mejia is junk. I think the Twins thought Romero would be ready to start the season in the majors, and when he wasn't, they needed a backup plan.

Also worth noting that several guys with major league experience are rehabbing injuries, including Magill, Reed and Moya. As soon as one of those guys is healthy, I think Mejia is on his way to Rochester. (NY, not MN).

Top Bottom