2019 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

That's a "no" on Killer Instinct. Can't ask for more out of Big Mike, but a dead offense likely does the team in.

Last edited:

Rocco pretty much waived the white flag refusing to use Duffy and Rogers. I don't get it.

Graterol sucks

I wouldn't go that far. Little early to give up on him. If it wasn't for all this shifting nonsense, he'd have gotten out of the inning. Perez's single went right to where the 2B usually is. A pull shift behind a guy that throws that hard makes no sense to me.

I agree on the shift comment. Also, he was unable to get his breaking ball across or even tempting, allowing hitters to sit on the fastball. He wasn’t locating that particularly well either. Major league hitters will feast on that situation.

I wouldn't go that far. Little early to give up on him. If it wasn't for all this shifting nonsense, he'd have gotten out of the inning. Perez's single went right to where the 2B usually is. A pull shift behind a guy that throws that hard makes no sense to me.

Perez still hits the ball to the pull side most of the time even when facing a hard thrower.

Unbelievable. MN sports!

Well, that explains his great performances, lately. �� Seriously, though, I'm surprised that hydrochlorothiazide is on the banned substance list. Maybe he takes it for high blood pressure.

Cruz hurt, Pineda done, lost a very winnable game in a pretty important spot.
Rains, it pours.

Cruz hurt, Pineda done, lost a very winnable game in a pretty important spot.
Rains, it pours.

If it happens to the Twins now maybe it won’t happen to the Vikings or Gophers basketball later. This is my sound Minnesota logic.

Well, that explains his great performances, lately. �� Seriously, though, I'm surprised that hydrochlorothiazide is on the banned substance list. Maybe he takes it for high blood pressure.

Pineda released a statement, claiming that he was taking an over-the-counter product to lose weight. He appealed the suspension, and an arbiter reduced the penalty from 80 games to 60 games due to mitigating circumstances. the statement reads:

“I’d like to begin with my sincere apologies to the Twins organization, the fans, my teammates, and my family for my error in judgment,” Pineda said. “I mistakenly took a medication that was given to me by a close acquaintance, who obtained it over-the-counter and assured me it would safely help me manage my weight. I ingested a few of these pills without the consent of the Twins’ training staff.

“Testing revealed trace elements of a substance called hydrochlorothiazide, which is a banned diuretic under baseball’s testing program. This was shocking for me to hear. I never intended to cheat the system, other players, or opposing teams. While I am pleased that the arbitrator found there was clear and convincing evidence to reduce my discipline, I realize that I am ultimately resonsible for what goes in my body and therefore respect the 60-game suspension that remains. I hope that I can be an example to others about how important it is to check with experts before taking any substance from an outside source.”

On the plus side, his value goes into the toilet, so the Twins could potentially sign him at a discount for next year if they want. His contract is up at the end of the current season.

Damn shame about Pineda. Things were finally looking up for the Twins.

I guess it can be used to cover up other banned substances so that’s why it is banned. I’m guessing if someone really needs it for high blood pressure they would need some kind of approval from a doctor.

Boneheaded swing by Rosario to end the 3rd inning. He cost us big time there.

Umpire clown show tonight.

That strike three call on Cron an inning or two ago was a total joke.

Garver just hit his second homerun of the night. Three more runs on the board and the Twins take a 5-2 lead.

Pineda released a statement, claiming that he was taking an over-the-counter product to lose weight. He appealed the suspension, and an arbiter reduced the penalty from 80 games to 60 games due to mitigating circumstances. the statement reads:

“I’d like to begin with my sincere apologies to the Twins organization, the fans, my teammates, and my family for my error in judgment,” Pineda said. “I mistakenly took a medication that was given to me by a close acquaintance, who obtained it over-the-counter and assured me it would safely help me manage my weight. I ingested a few of these pills without the consent of the Twins’ training staff.

“Testing revealed trace elements of a substance called hydrochlorothiazide, which is a banned diuretic under baseball’s testing program. This was shocking for me to hear. I never intended to cheat the system, other players, or opposing teams. While I am pleased that the arbitrator found there was clear and convincing evidence to reduce my discipline, I realize that I am ultimately resonsible for what goes in my body and therefore respect the 60-game suspension that remains. I hope that I can be an example to others about how important it is to check with experts before taking any substance from an outside source.”

On the plus side, his value goes into the toilet, so the Twins could potentially sign him at a discount for next year if they want. His contract is up at the end of the current season.

He will be cheap. He'll be out until mid-May. A one year deal for $5-7 million is probably all he'll get. I might take him at that rate.

He has no business hitting cleanup anymore. His plate discipline is so bad. Now has an OBP below .300.

This. And Kepler should not be hitting lead off. Arreaz, Polanco, Cruz, Kepler, Sano, Rosario when we are healthy.

The Twins cannot hit with the bases loaded for some reason. It’s truly perplexing. Came in with a .549 OPS and just 1 grand slam in 122 PA. Cron and Garver just both struck out today.

Tough to win a bullpen game against Clevinger. Have to get through the next week with at least a 3.5 game lead. We both still have to play the Nationals, but the Indians don't play them until the final week-end of the season when they will be resting everyone.

Tough to win a bullpen game against Clevinger. Have to get through the next week with at least a 3.5 game lead. We both still have to play the Nationals, but the Indians don't play them until the final week-end of the season when they will be resting everyone.

Don't be too sure, the Nats might be playing for the home wild-card.

Top Bottom