Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Nice win. But the fact that they used Rodgers 2 innings last night and with a 4 run lead tonight speaks volumes. They need 2 relievers badly, even if they're rentals.
    He started warming up when it was just a 1 run game. After he warmed up, he was going to be unavailable today (Sunday) either way. At that point they might as well use him. If he hadn't warmed up already, he wouldn't have pitched.

It would be interesting to know whether the curve ball May threw - that went for the Game-winning HR - was called by the catcher, or if May shook him off and went to the curve.

Thing is, it would have been a good pitch but he threw it about 8" too high. you want to start that pitch at the knees and have it drop down to the ankles. he just started it too high.

My gut tells me, when you can throw 97, keep throwing it until the guy hits it. that's why I wonder who called the pitch.

Twins still picked up a game in the standings. If they can take 2 out of 3 every time they face Cleveland, they'll be fine.

Blog Entries

I hate to see them send Arreaz back when Rosario/Cron are back. Schoop has been awful, especially with runners in scoring position .

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    I hate to see them send Arreaz back when Rosario/Cron are back. Schoop has been awful, especially with runners in scoring position .
    I doubt he's going anywhere. The fact that Arraez has shown that he can play the outfield too (in a pinch) likely means he's up to stay.

It would be REALLY fortunate for the Twins to come out of these next 7 days with any sizable lead over Cleveland at all. While the Twins are hosting 7 games against Oakland and the Yankees, Cleveland is hosting 7 games against Detroit and Kansas City. Ouch.

Fingers crossed they can have some kind of reasonable lead a week from now
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Breakin' The Plane View Post
    I doubt he's going anywhere. The fact that Arraez has shown that he can play the outfield too (in a pinch) likely means he's up to stay.
    They only have 3 bench spots. When fully healthy, Castro gets one. Gonzalez gets one. So it comes down to Arreaz and Adrianza. Adrianza is out of options and wouldn't clear waivers. The only other option is to go to 7 relievers, but I doubt they'd be able to stick with that longer than a week. I wouldn't mind just releasing Schoop and making Arreaz the 2B, but that won't happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ogee Oglethorpe View Post
    It would be REALLY fortunate for the Twins to come out of these next 7 days with any sizable lead over Cleveland at all. While the Twins are hosting 7 games against Oakland and the Yankees, Cleveland is hosting 7 games against Detroit and Kansas City. Ouch.

Fingers crossed they can have some kind of reasonable lead a week from now
    I'll be thrilled if they're 4 up on 8/1.