Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Back in first place!

Good Lord, what a roller coaster. First we’re winning and Cleveland’s losing. Then we’re losing and Cleveland comes back. Finally, we win and Cleveland loses. This last 7 weeks are going to be exhausting.

Wow. Gonzalez has been on fire.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Quote Originally Posted by tikited View Post
    Wow. Gonzalez has been on fire.
    Must have figured it was a good idea to take it out of the third base coach's hands

Twins bullpen blow another game. Can we stop blowing games.
    go Twins & Gophers go.

Default 2019 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Romo gave up the home run, but Polanco started it with an error, and 5 innings and 3 runs from Kyle Gibson is just not good enough...again. Lots of blame to go around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WilliamsArenaGuy; 08-14-2019 at 08:17 PM.

per Shama:

The Twins, with a 72-47 record, have been under .500 with Buxton absent. Looking at the dates when Buxton was placed on the injured list until the days he was activated, the club’s record is 13-15.

Buxton would receive a lot of support in any vote for MLB’s best outfielders. Now in his fifth season with the Twins, his career highlight film is filled with ooh and aah plays in the field. His pitchers applaud him for game-saving plays. This season his fielding average is .991, with just two errors in 215 chances. The club’s best base stealer, the Twins simply aren’t the same team without him.

The Twins and Indians could stay close in the race to win the AL Central Division going into the final weeks of the season. After a three-game series in Cleveland that ends September 15, it appears the Twins will have an easier remaining schedule than the Indians. Minnesota will play the White Sox and Royals at home, and on the road against the Tigers and Royals. Those three Central Division teams have a combined 131 wins and 223 losses as of today, while the Indians must play four opponents (Tigers, Phillies, Nationals, and White Sox) who are 301 and 289. The Nationals and Phillies are in contention for the postseason, while none of the other clubs mentioned are.

The Indians, until they came to Minneapolis for a four-game series last week, hadn’t played another above .500 team on the road since May.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Win Twins!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Shama:

The Twins, with a 72-47 record, have been under .500 with Buxton absent. Looking at the dates when Buxton was placed on the injured list until the days he was activated, the club’s record is 13-15.

Buxton would receive a lot of support in any vote for MLB’s best outfielders. Now in his fifth season with the Twins, his career highlight film is filled with ooh and aah plays in the field. His pitchers applaud him for game-saving plays. This season his fielding average is .991, with just two errors in 215 chances. The club’s best base stealer, the Twins simply aren’t the same team without him.

The Twins and Indians could stay close in the race to win the AL Central Division going into the final weeks of the season. After a three-game series in Cleveland that ends September 15, it appears the Twins will have an easier remaining schedule than the Indians. Minnesota will play the White Sox and Royals at home, and on the road against the Tigers and Royals. Those three Central Division teams have a combined 131 wins and 223 losses as of today, while the Indians must play four opponents (Tigers, Phillies, Nationals, and White Sox) who are 301 and 289. The Nationals and Phillies are in contention for the postseason, while none of the other clubs mentioned are.

The Indians, until they came to Minneapolis for a four-game series last week, hadn’t played another above .500 team on the road since May.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Win Twins!!
    I think trying to draw that type of correlation with Buxton missing is misleading.

Pitching has been worse the last two months. It would be bad with Buxton here or not.

I'm not convinced that Buxton is worth a couple runs every game.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    But trading one of your top 5 or two of your top 10 prospects isn't mortgaging the future. A deal for a starter could have been made without touching the top 3.
    Neither one of those offers gets you a top starter.

Graterol pitched out of the bullpen last night getting the save for Pensacola. I think it’s only a matter of time before he gets called up. I wonder if he could be a reliever long term.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    Neither one of those offers gets you a top starter.
    Probably not. But getting Mike Minor or Robby Ray would be still be a nice upgrade over Perez and probably start in the play-offs ahead of Gibson.

Blog Entries

Graterol pitched out of the bullpen last night getting the save for Pensacola. I think it’s only a matter of time before he gets called up. I wonder if he could be a reliever long term.
    I think he will be up in the bullpen in September. I think he's still a starter long-term. They have 4 open spots in next year's rotation (part of why not going for it this year was foolish, IMO.)

OK pitchers I know there is a lot of game left but please don't blow this one
    Who hates iowa?

Texas has about 300 fans

Blog Entries

Really dumb post. He'll be given every chance to start before he'd be considered for a relief role. Starters are much more valuable and important. Top prospects are not relievers. Starters who cannot hack it become relievers. Graterol hasn't failed.

The only exception would be a call-up to boost the bullpen in September. He cannot be worse thsn what we've got.