2019 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Rocco now has the second most wins in MLB history for a manager in their first year.

Win Twins!!

If the Twins get to 100 wins, that has got to be the first year in MLB history where three teams from a single conference got to triple digits. Right?

If the Twins get to 100 wins, that has got to be the first year in MLB history where three teams from a single conference got to triple digits. Right?

There's a chance that the Braves could get to 100 too so I would guess five teams with 100+ overall would be the most as well.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Win Twins!!

They slugged their way to a win tonight thanks to Cruz. Gibson is done. He's not well and he's got nothing. They can't put him out there anymore. I hope he gets well and can pitch somewhere next season. Just not in MN.

So what are they doing tonight since they burned through their bullpen last night and tonight was suppose to be the bullpen game?

So what are they doing tonight since they burned through their bullpen last night and tonight was suppose to be the bullpen game?

My guess is Dobnak/Smeltzer will combine to be a starter. Hopefully they can combine to go 7. Or the Twins just blow them out so it doesn't matter as much.

My guess is Dobnak/Smeltzer will combine to be a starter. Hopefully they can combine to go 7. Or the Twins just blow them out so it doesn't matter as much.

I'll be there tonight so I hope we do just blow them out.

Don’t get the game out here but wondering if Rocco is over-managing with his staff? Yanks a pitcher after 5 1/3 who has only given up 3 hits and thrown 74 pitches. Reliever come in and gives up a quick run-scoring double. Why yank him so fast? Was the starter on a pitch count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magic number is 5! Nice start by Dobnak, graduating from the Opener role. He may have to postpone his wedding next Saturday.

Don’t get the game out here but wondering if Rocco is over-managing with his staff? Yanks a pitcher after 5 1/3 who has only given up 3 hits and thrown 74 pitches. Reliever come in and gives up a quick run-scoring double. Why yank him so fast? Was the starter on a pitch count?

They were making good contact, I actually was mad when he started the 6th. All things considered Dobnak pitched great and it was what we needed. Each inning was high pressure and you could feel it though. I would have stuck with the plan and pulled him after 5.

They were making good contact, I actually was mad when he started the 6th. All things considered Dobnak pitched great and it was what we needed. Each inning was high pressure and you could feel it though. I would have stuck with the plan and pulled him after 5.

Thanks for the info

Like it or not, in today's game, if you can get 5 innings out of a bottom-of-the-rotation starter, you'll take it.

Shoot, Odorizzi is one of the Twins' top starters, and he is averaging just over 5 innings a start because his pitch count hits 100 by the 5th inning.

So having Dobnak - a guy who started the year in A ball - give you a solid start in a pennant race is gravy in my book. He is also already past his previous season high for innings pitched. being that clubs are so protective of players now, in my book anything Dobnak gives the Twins is a bonus. He has already leapfrogged a lot of prospects in the system.

They need every win. Cleveland is going to finish the season on an 11-2 streak. 5-0 so far.

With Keuchel, I think too many people remember his Cy Young year. He isn't the same pitcher anymore. His numbers over the last 3 years are essentially equivalent to what Gibson has done the last 1 1/2 years. He'd be an upgrade to the #5 spot in the rotation, but I don't think he's a top pitcher anymore.

And then I hear a lot about the Twins needed Kimbrel if they want to win the playoffs. He actually hasn't been very good in the playoffs the past few years.

Well Keuchel has been solid while Kimbrel has been a train wreck. Blew another save today, ERA now over 6.00.

STrib: Under-the-radar Twins rookie LaMonte Wade Jr. draws praise as role expands

The same question is asked before every Twins season: Which prospects will make their major league debut?

The answers focus on the top prospects who are at Class AAA and AA, and players like LaMonte Wade Jr., get overlooked.

Wade reached the upper levels of the Twins farm system in 2018 and 2019 but has never been considered a top prospect. A steady outfielder with good plate discipline and some hitting potential, Wade spent the season at Class AAA Rochester while many who followed the Twins wondered if Alex Kirilloff could hit his way into the majors.

But it was Wade who got the call in early July, unfortunately dislocating his right thumb after two plate appearances when he lost a battle with the Target Field fence while chasing a fly ball. He remained on the injured list through August, going on a rehab assignment at Rochester, but as Twins outfielders began to drop out of the lineup with injuries, Wade returned on Sept. 1.

When called upon, Wade has not looked overwhelmed and has earned praise from manager Rocco Baldelli.

“LaMonte’s gone out there and had some really good at-bats for us,” Baldelli said. “He’s been on base continually, and he’s played anywhere we’ve put him in the outfield, and I think he’s done a really nice job.”

To be accurate, Wade has not looked overwhelmed — until he’s tried to put the bat on the ball. It took him six games before he got his first major league hit, an RBI infield single off Cleveland’s Nick Wittgren on Sept. 8. But he made himself useful up to that point, drawing six walks over his first six games and eight walks during his first 25 plate appearances. That included a pinch-hit walk leading off the eighth inning at Detroit on Sept. 2, with the Twins trailing by a run; Wade’s walk helped spark a winning two-run rally.

Then on Tuesday, when the Twins came back 97 times vs. the White Sox while winning 9-8 in 12 innings, Wade entered the game in the 11th as a pinch runner and made a heads-up play, advancing from second to third on a wild pitch that was just a few feet away from home plate. He scored the tying run on a sacrifice fly to keep the Twins alive.

“I was confident,” Wade said. “I was confident I would make it.”

http://www.startribune.com/under-th...de-jr-draws-praise-as-role-expands/561003572/

Win Twins!!

Brutal 9th inning for the Twins, but Indians lose and the Magic Number is 4!

Win Twins!!

Well Keuchel has been solid while Kimbrel has been a train wreck. Blew another save today, ERA now over 6.00.

I'll take my loss on Kuechel. I'm highly skeptical that his success would translate in the AL, but he's been good.
Kimbrel? Hot junk in non-save situations. And the Cubs have to pay him until 2021.

Glad the Indians lost. You should not lose to the Royals up 5-2 in the 6th with your ace and a rested bullpen though. I also don't get how Rocco lets Castro hit in the bottom of the 5th when we had a chance to put it out reach. He's been truly awful since the All-Star break.

Sano hits 2 HRs, Cruz hits #400 and the Magic Number is 3.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Win Twins!!

Glad the Indians lost. You should not lose to the Royals up 5-2 in the 6th with your ace and a rested bullpen though. I also don't get how Rocco lets Castro hit in the bottom of the 5th when we had a chance to put it out reach. He's been truly awful since the All-Star break.

He never takes out Castro.

Sano hits 2 HRs, Cruz hits #400 and the Magic Number is 3.

Win Twins!!

Where are all the trade Sano people now?

They’ll be back as soon as he wear the sombrero and has 2 boots in the playoffs.

I would trade Sano now. His stock may never be higher. This may turn out to be his healthiest season (pending a long play off run I'm counting on) and he's only played 2/3 of it...

Top Bottom