2019 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Those two would seem to contradict regarding whether it has to be a pitcher or not. In any event, I guess they have to tell Poppen he's hurt and not getting any better. They should have just called him on up Saturday. They could have lived without Cody Steshak or someone else for 5-6 extra days given that they were calling up 87 relievers on Sunday.

When they decide to put Graterol on the playoff roster, they will move either Poppen or Gordon to the 60-day IL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what's everyone's prediction for a record this season? I'll say 84-78.

My bold prediction is either Buxton or Sano will be an All-Star.

Glad I was wrong.

Trevor May: “Forget about the curve ball, Ricky. Give him the heater!”

Good win tonight. Lead 6-0. Win 6-5. These are games they usually lose against the Yankees and Red Sox.

Also, Indians blow 5-2 lead in the 8th and lose 6-5 to the White Sox. Terry Francona is a great manager, but why were the Indians trying to use Carlos Carrasco as a reliever after he's been out this long? That seems like a tough gig.

Last edited:

Good win tonight. Lead 6-0. Win 6-5. These are games they usually lose against the Yankees and Red Sox.

Also, Indians blow 5-2 lead in the 8th and lose 6-5 to the White Sox. Terry Francona is a great manager, but why were the Indians trying to use Carlos Carrasco as a reliever after he's been out this long? That seems like a tough gig.

Is it still too cocky to start the magic number countdown.

Is it still too cocky to start the magic number countdown.

Magic number to clinch AL Central: 18.

Magic number to clinch playoffs: 18.

Games remaining: 24 (13 home, 11 road).

Win Twins!!

If:

Twins go 14-10, Indians must go 20-3

Twins go 12-12, Indians must go 18-5

Twins go 10-14, Indians must go 16-7

Twins go 8-16, Indians must go 14-9

Twins go 6-18, Indians must go 12-11

Indians have played .576 baseball up until now, which would equate to a pace of roughly 13-10 over their final 23.

If:

Twins go 14-10, Indians must go 20-3

Twins go 12-12, Indians must go 18-5

Twins go 10-14, Indians must go 16-7

Twins go 8-16, Indians must go 14-9

Twins go 6-18, Indians must go 12-11

Indians have played .576 baseball up until now, which would equate to a pace of roughly 13-10 over their final 23.

Thank you for taking the time to spell this out, I was just thinking about doing the same thing but now don't have to think that hard!

If we take 2/3 this weekend from Cleveland, it will all but seal the deal for us.

Win Twins!!

I’m not sure if I want home field advantage with how well they’ve played on the road.

What a night for Berrios so far. Mookie Betts with all 4 of Boston runs on homerun. a solo shot in the bottom of 1st and then a 3 run homer.

Last edited:

Time to shut Berrios down. Bring him back the last week of the season. Smeltzer gives us a better shot than Berrios right now.

Time to shut Berrios down. Bring him back the last week of the season. Smeltzer gives us a better shot than Berrios right now.

Agreed. I'm so disappointed in him right now. We finally need him to be an ace and he's sh!tting the bed.

If you shut him down, virtually no chance he will get back to early season velocity. He's going thru a dead arm period- hopefully will get it back by playoffs; at least it does not appear to be any type of injury.

If you shut him down, virtually no chance he will get back to early season velocity. He's going thru a dead arm period- hopefully will get it back by playoffs; at least it does not appear to be any type of injury.

His velocity actually looked pretty good last night. It's just his command isn't there. I'm not sure if shutting him down would be a good idea or not. Maybe skip a start?

His velocity actually looked pretty good last night. It's just his command isn't there. I'm not sure if shutting him down would be a good idea or not. Maybe skip a start?

He's making a lot of mistakes. But at this point, he's still a top 4 starter.

With Gibby hurt, a playoff rotation looks like this

Game 1: Odo
Gm2: Pineda
Gm3: JB
Gm4: Perez

Side note: Perez has the tools to be so good. But he cant get pitches over the plate. Drives me nuts

At least skip a start or two. Pushing him back a day did no good.

Pitch him every three days. He needs the practice.

Eddie Rosario throw out the runner at home to end the game wow.

Lead back to 6.5 games, AFTER a 3 game road trip to Fenway.

7 games up in the Loss column. Gonna be tough for Cleveland to make up that kind of ground, but still 6 games head to head to go. Huge series coming up.

Twins win with TWO hits tonight. Yikes

Lead back to 6.5 games, AFTER a 3 game road trip to Fenway.

7 games up in the Loss column. Gonna be tough for Cleveland to make up that kind of ground, but still 6 games head to head to go. Huge series coming up.

Twins win with TWO hits tonight. Yikes

The Twins are in great shape. Cleveland chances are dwindling quickly.

If the Twins go just 11-11 the rest of the way, Cleveland has to go 17-4 to tie them.

The bullpen has become a strength over the past month or so. Duffey has been incredible. May has looked good other than a few hanging breaking balls. If Dyson could get things figured out we’d be in great shape in the playoffs.

As long as the Twins can avoid getting swept, they're in really good shape.

An example, if Twins take 1 game each series against Cleveland and go .500 in the other 16 remaining games, the Indians would gave to go 12-3 in their other remaining games.

Let's just sweep them and end it!

But the MN sports fan in me is praying we win at least 1...

Top Bottom