Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

The sky is falling
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

On to the 10th. Dyson, ughh.
    Please consider donating to this site; especially if you are a frequent poster.

I had higher hopes for Dyson....
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    I had higher hopes for Dyson....
    Very small sample size.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski U Mah Gopher View Post
    Very small sample size.
    I know I was joking. He's very good, I'll just chalk this up to the stress of the trade/travel. I expect big things from him. On the plus side Romo has been dominant.
    Who hates iowa?

Is is just me, or doesn't Polanco need to eat dirt and at least knock down that ground ball single that scored the two game-tying runs ? He wouldn't have gotten an out, but could have kept the second run from scoring.

I know I was joking. He's very good, I'll just chalk this up to the stress of the trade/travel. I expect big things from him. On the plus side Romo has been dominant.
    Plus, he arrived at Marlins Park in the 4th inning,

I didn't realize that. Geez why did they put him in?
    Who hates iowa?

I didn't realize that. Geez why did they put him in?
    Because Jimmy Dugan doesn't manage by conventional wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Is is just me, or doesn't Polanco need to eat dirt and at least knock down that ground ball single that scored the two game-tying runs ? He wouldn't have gotten an out, but could have kept the second run from scoring.
    Totally. Unacceptable effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Perhaps. But we've heard "we tried and couldn't find the right deal" for 20 years from the Twins. They have never once pulled the trigger on a significant deal at the deadline.
    It's not as easy as you think. First of all you have to have the prospects that other teams want. Certainly in the past 10-15 years, the farm system has not been very good. Also, the new FO is just in their 3rd year. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because of all the great things they've done so far. I think they have a plan in place and I'd like to give them a few more years to see it all play out. What happened under Terry Ryan is irrelevant IMO.

Meanwhile, clubs no richer than us like Milwaukee manage to do it whenever they're in contention.
    The Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, and Dodgers did very little to improve their teams at the deadline and they're all contenders. The blockbuster trades don't happen every year for every contending team. I think it was just a weird year. I just don't think the Twins had many options. Trading for a #4 or #5 starter does nothing. It was either a big name or no one. We'll see if this trend continues.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Grienke's a weird dude, so I believe he didn't want to come here, regardless of $$. At least adding someone like Mike Minor would have helped.
    It's been reported that Minor had the Twins on his no trade list too. Of course he doesn't have to veto the trade. Not sure if the Twins contact the Rangers or not.

The Rangers didn't trade anyone so I wonder if they were that interested in trading him.

Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    It's been reported that Minor had the Twins on his no trade list too. Of course he doesn't have to veto the trade. Not sure if the Twins contact the Rangers or not.

The Rangers didn't trade anyone so I wonder if they were that interested in trading him.
    Minor has been beat up pretty good in his last few starts. I'm not sure he is much of an upgrade over what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post

The reports i heard that he didn't have the Twins on his no trade list.
    go Twins & Gophers go.

Maybe it wouldn't have made any difference, but I'm going to assume that the first pitch Castro ever caught from Dyson was during warmups in the bottom of the 9th. Probably not ideal.