2019 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Gibson didn't give them what they needed, but the offense is just as much to blame. How many times this season have they started out great in the first inning, putting up a crooked number, only to have the bats let them down the rest of the game. Leaving 18 guys on base isn't going to cut it. I'll say it again, it's not against the law to make a productive out or hit a single.

10 hits through 6 innings but only 2 runs.

When your team’s wagon has three broken axels, no cover, nails sticking out of the boards, and one healthy oxen left .... it’s tough to keep riding that indefinitely.

Feels like there’s a thousand miles until the Willamette Valley, with 22 pounds of food left, and Sally has dysentery.

They are on pace to win 98-99 games but whatever I guess.

The Twins screwed up another replay last night. If that was not blocking the plate on the Sano tag in the 6th inning, I don't know what is. At the very least, you have to challenge it. It's way too huge of a play not to. Perhaps the replay guy and the 3rd base coach can switch jobs. Or just fire them both.

Also, please leave Arreaz in the lead-off spot and drop Kepler down to 4th-6th.

The Twins screwed up another replay last night. If that was not blocking the plate on the Sano tag in the 6th inning, I don't know what is. At the very least, you have to challenge it. It's way too huge of a play not to. Perhaps the replay guy and the 3rd base coach can switch jobs. Or just fire them both.

Could’ve wrecked his hand too.

I would tell Sano next time to slam your shoulder into that little twit and see if the ball comes loose. Is that legal anymore? Probably not.

Once again, it all comes back to whether you believe the Twins' true level is what they showed the first half of the season, or what they've shown over the last couple months.

Some of the pitchers who were hot early have regressed to the mean. the bullpen has been a revolving door. they have had players missing multiple games with injuries - and they are still in 1st place in their division, and barring a complete collapse, they should make the playoffs. And remember, this is a team that finished 6 games under .500 last year.

objectively, this season is already a success. the question is how much of a success. Yeah, if they lose in the 1st round of the playoffs, it would be a let-down. But, before the season, if I would have said the Twins would have a 2-game lead in the division on August 20th, I think the vast majority of fans would have taken that in a heartbeat.

In order to do that, the manager would have to stand up. He doesn't like to be disturbed from his 3-hour stargazing sessions.

Could’ve wrecked his hand too.

I would tell Sano next time to slam your shoulder into that little twit and see if the ball comes loose. Is that legal anymore? Probably not.

No that is not legal anymore. It's also why blocking the plate isn't legal though.

In order to do that, the manager would have to stand up. He doesn't like to be disturbed from his 3-hour stargazing sessions.

I like him overall, but his reluctance to challenge plays is ridiculous. I know you lose it if you're wrong, but when runs are at stake and it's after the 3rd inning, don't hesitate. It's almost like the thinks he's scoring points with the umps by not bothering them.

I like him overall, but his reluctance to challenge plays is ridiculous. I know you lose it if you're wrong, but when runs are at stake and it's after the 3rd inning, don't hesitate. It's almost like the thinks he's scoring points with the umps by not bothering them.

I'm not saying I want him to go the Gardy route and get booted 82 times a year, but occasionally you've got to stand up for your players. Show some fire. If you think an ump screwed up, let him know about it.

I'm not saying I want him to go the Gardy route and get booted 82 times a year, but occasionally you've got to stand up for your players. Show some fire. If you think an ump screwed up, let him know about it.

He has gotten ejected once IIRC, so he's ahead of TK on that front, but way behind Gardy. I think Gardy has more ejections in Twins games this year than Rocco. TK could go out and argue calmly for 5 minutes and still not get thrown out.

When your team’s wagon has three broken axels, no cover, nails sticking out of the boards, and one healthy oxen left .... it’s tough to keep riding that indefinitely.

Feels like there’s a thousand miles until the Willamette Valley, with 22 pounds of food left, and Sally has dysentery.

Every time we let some fat dude on the bandwagon they break it. SMDH.

Cruz sure doesn't have any rust from his injury.

White Sox Lucas Giolito with a masterpiece today vs the Twins. 3 hit shutout. 12 strikeouts. White Sox take 2 out of 3 from the Twins.

Gotta go 3-0 vs the Tigers just to salvage 4-2 on the homestand.

Hey don’t get me wrong, if Cleveland can’t win games against any team that’s not the Twins, so be it. Twins will back into the playoffs based on May.

Bunch of help from the Metropolitans this week. If Berrios doesn't have it tonight, might be time for a trip to the IL.

Twins and Tigers looking like Spy vs Spy tonight.
8da1e59ee13c0bd7d2bdbf6c5932497e.jpg

Is something wrong with Berrios. He had a 3-0 lead and give up a grand slam in the 6th. Now he on the hook for the loss. If we lose this game it will be a bad loss.

Is something wrong with Berrios. He had a 3-0 lead and give up a grand slam in the 6th. Now he on the hook for the loss. If we lose this game it will be a bad loss.

He walked the bases full. That should have been it for the night. If he'd been rolling, you let your ace work through it. His night should have been over, but this team is managed by a lackadaisical, disinterested buffoon.

Bunch of help from the Metropolitans this week. If Berrios doesn't have it tonight, might be time for a trip to the IL.

It's past time. Should have happened before this start. Kicked away a game to a bad team.

They should have pulled Berrios way before they did. He was getting knocked around pretty good.

It's past time. Should have happened before this start. Kicked away a game to a bad team.

Sorry- don’t get much Twins coverage out here- is there worry/knowledge about him having a dead arm or strain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom