2019 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Twins fans might have to face this reality -

is it better to miss the playoffs, or to limp into the playoffs and be eliminated in the 1st round?

Personally, I would rather see them miss the playoffs instead of getting knocked out by the Yankees again.

The real irony is that Rocco spent all season talking about how their approach to resting players was designed to keep guys fresh and try to avoid injuries. so here they are at the end of the season with half the team on the IL or not available to play.

is it better to miss the playoffs, or to limp into the playoffs and be eliminated in the 1st round?

Personally, I would rather see them miss the playoffs instead of getting knocked out by the Yankees again.

The real irony is that Rocco spent all season talking about how their approach to resting players was designed to keep guys fresh and try to avoid injuries. so here they are at the end of the season with half the team on the IL or not available to play.

Under no circumstances do you hope your team misses the playoffs instead of makes them.

That's ridiculous. What possible benefit is there to missing the playoffs? None.

Why? There isn't some MLB NIT tournament to go to instead.

Wait!What?

Win Twins!!

Why? There isn't some MLB NIT tournament to go to instead.

Because I'm sick of seeing them get knocked out in the 1st round by the Yankees. if they're not going to make a legitimate run at the World Series - and I don't think they can with the injuries/suspensions, then what is the point of making the playoffs?

there's no runner-up trophy. there's no participation trophy for squeaking into the playoffs and losing in the first round.

Fair or not, people remember the end of the season. If the Twins lose in the first round of the playoffs, that is what people will remember - not the regular season, the home runs, etc. Just "they lost to the Yankees again. Same old Twins." That does nothing for the franchise.

If they don't have a real shot to win it all, I just don't care if they make the playoffs. Making the playoffs and losing in the first round does not make me feel better about the team.

That's just my opinion. If you think that making the playoffs and losing in the first round is somehow better for the franchise, that's your opinion.

Because I'm sick of seeing them get knocked out in the 1st round by the Yankees. if they're not going to make a legitimate run at the World Series - and I don't think they can with the injuries/suspensions, then what is the point of making the playoffs?

there's no runner-up trophy. there's no participation trophy for squeaking into the playoffs and losing in the first round.

Fair or not, people remember the end of the season. If the Twins lose in the first round of the playoffs, that is what people will remember - not the regular season, the home runs, etc. Just "they lost to the Yankees again. Same old Twins." That does nothing for the franchise.

If they don't have a real shot to win it all, I just don't care if they make the playoffs. Making the playoffs and losing in the first round does not make me feel better about the team.

That's just my opinion. If you think that making the playoffs and losing in the first round is somehow better for the franchise, that's your opinion.

First, if they miss the play-offs after being up 11.5 games and 6.5 in September, it will be remembered as one of the biggest all-time choke jobs. That's what you prefer?

If they lose to the Yankees again, so what? It sucks, but does it matter if it's 5 times or 6? There's also a 50% chance it will be the Astros.

Last, MLB is not the NBA. The better team loses a decent % of the time, especially in a 5 game series. Do I like our chances against Yankees? No. Is it the same as T-Wolves/Warriors in the 1st round? No. They'd have a 20-30% chance to pull it off, especially if Berrios is back.

It's all going to be fine. We will win 1 game this weekend and hold serve down the stretch to sneak into the play offs.

No fear. Baseball regular season is a math game, and we win the division.

No fear. Baseball regular season is a math game, and we win the division.

The Minnesota Sports Gods scoff at math. What are the odds of making the NFL play-offs as frequently as the Vikings do but never winning the Super Bowl? What are the odds of not winning a B1G football title, even once, in 50 years?

The Minnesota Sports Gods scoff at math.

Stupid.

What are the odds of making the NFL play-offs (sic) as frequently as the Vikings do but never winning the Super Bowl?

He's talking about making the playoffs, not winning the World Series. Your point is invalid. It's much easier to get into the playoffs, even consistently, than it is to win a championship.

What are the odds of not winning a B1G football title, even once, in 50 years?

Apparently decently high, given that at least two teams currently hold that distinction. I'd say as high as somewhere between 1 in 5 and 1 and 7.

Huge win for the Twins! Would be great to see them win this one as well.

Told you guys everything was going to be OK.

Go twins!

That 8th inning was ridiculous.

He is fun to watch pitch. The movement he gets at the speed he throws is mind boggling.

Amazing day of Twins baseball!! First game incredible bullpen. Second game incredible comeback!! SANO!!

WIN TWINS!!

Sano is frustrating often, but man he comes up with big hits.

Wowzers. Twins going for the sweep of the Indians today with a starting lineup including Astudillo, Torreyes, Arraez, Cave, and Wade, not to mention Dobnak as the starting pitcher.

Who would have guessed that 3-4 months ago?

A sweep of the Indians not only all but cements the division title, but it puts the Indians in a rough spot for the Wild Card, already 2 games back going into today. I wouldn't be terribly disappointed to see them miss out on the playoffs altogether.

Despite the AAA line-up the Twins take a 4-2 lead in the 6th. So Rocco goes with Romero and Gibson instead of Littel or Duffy. God forbid they pitch back-to-back days. Just like that 6-4 Cleveland.

Despite the AAA line-up the Twins take a 4-2 lead in the 6th. So Rocco goes with Romero and Gibson instead of Littel or Duffy. God forbid they pitch back-to-back days. Just like that 6-4 Cleveland.

To be fair the Twins committed 4 errors which resulted in 3 unearned runs.

I thought someone was suppose to post the magic number to calm down all the people who sucked at Math in school.

Updated final 13 games (12 for Cleveland). If Twins go/Indians must go:

9-4/Impossible for Cleveland
8-5/12-0
7-6/11-1
6-7/10-2
5-8/9-3
4-9/8-4
3-10/7-5
2-11/6-6
1-12/5-7
0-13/4-8

Updated final 13 games (12 for Cleveland). If Twins go/Indians must go:

9-4/Impossible for Cleveland
8-5/12-0
7-6/11-1
6-7/10-2
5-8/9-3
4-9/8-4
3-10/7-5
2-11/6-6
1-12/5-7
0-13/4-8

Twins plays Chicago (3), KC (7), Detroit (3)
Cleveland plays Detroit (3), Philly (3), Chicago (3), Washington (3)

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We were supposed to face Giolito tonight, but he's been shut down for the season.

Top Bottom