Page 24 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Although I found both those jokes funny could we keep the political BS out of at least one thread....
    Who hates iowa?

Twins up 8-1 in the 4th inning against the Mariners. Six runs scored in the 4th so far with only one out. Two run home run by Cron and a three run home run by Buxton.

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    Twins up 8-1 in the 4th inning against the Mariners. Six runs scored in the 4th so far with only one out. Two run home run by Cron and a three run home run by Buxton.
    The Cron HR was a bomb. This team is really good.

Win Twins!!

I'm sure that I will jinx it, but the 2019 Twins are beginning to remind me of the regular season 15-1 1999 Vikings. When I watch them I expect excellence and dominance. The weakness is obviously the bullpen, just as that Vikings' weakness was defense. However, the offensive explosions are amazing to watch. The front office has a couple of months to do something about the bullpen. I hope that they don't blow a great opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiche View Post
    I'm sure that I will jinx it, but the 2019 Twins are beginning to remind me of the regular season 15-1 1999 Vikings. When I watch them I expect excellence and dominance. The weakness is obviously the bullpen, just as that Vikings' weakness was defense. However, the offensive explosions are amazing to watch. The front office has a couple of months to do something about the bullpen. I hope that they don't blow a great opportunity.
    My fear is that the gap keeps widening and the front office doesn't try to fix anything. I think Cleveland is cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakin' The Plane View Post
    My fear is that the gap keeps widening and the front office doesn't try to fix anything. I think Cleveland is cooked.
    Agreed.

This is not a post season bullpen.

Was watching ESPN this morning while I drank my coffee. Saw that Gomez was on the Friday funnies, swung through a pitch so hard he lost his bat behind his back (went behind the catcher and in front of the ump) and he fell down. It was pretty funny and classic gomez.
    Who hates iowa?

This is fun to watch

The Twins have not been great versus LHP. They're killing it right now, without Garver and Cruz.

Wow. 15-0 in the 5th. Five more home runs already tonight.

Ho hum. 18-4 win where Berrios didn't go far enough for a win.

Saw a stat on line today - listing the most home runs hit by a team at this point of the season in major league history. three of the top 5 were from this season, including the Twins in (I think) 3rd place. OK - found it again:

Most homers in MLB history through 45 games:
    94 — 2000 St. Louis Cardinals
    91 — 1999 Seattle Mariners
    87 — 2019 Minnesota Twins
    84 — 2019 Houston Astros
    83 — 2019 Seattle Mariners

Point being - the ball is freakin' juiced. Baseball Prospectus had a long story with lots of scientific data to show that baseballs are travelling further and faster than ever before.

Hey - the Twins are fun to watch. It's a great story. But, they are playing with a baseball that has been changed from previous years. for some people, that might not mean anything. But in a sport like baseball that is so tied to its records, its history, and statistics, I see this season as an outlier - like the steroid era - only the ball is juiced instead of the players.

Twins lost today. Fire Rocco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    Saw a stat on line today - listing the most home runs hit by a team at this point of the season in major league history. three of the top 5 were from this season, including the Twins in (I think) 3rd place. OK - found it again:

Most homers in MLB history through 45 games:
    94 — 2000 St. Louis Cardinals
    91 — 1999 Seattle Mariners
    87 — 2019 Minnesota Twins
    84 — 2019 Houston Astros
    83 — 2019 Seattle Mariners

Point being - the ball is freakin' juiced. Baseball Prospectus had a long story with lots of scientific data to show that baseballs are travelling further and faster than ever before.

Hey - the Twins are fun to watch. It's a great story. But, they are playing with a baseball that has been changed from previous years. for some people, that might not mean anything. But in a sport like baseball that is so tied to its records, its history, and statistics, I see this season as an outlier - like the steroid era - only the ball is juiced instead of the players.
    The ball has been "juiced" for years now. 2019 is an aberration, so far, and maybe the tight ball got tighter, but it's not just 2019.