2019 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Win Twins!!

Nice play.

Commentary a bit over the top. "Young player with the courage to make that play"?

Aren't you taught as a kid to step on third and throw to second in that scenario.

Wouldn't it have been more courageous to do something you weren't taught your whole life?

Twins bullpen blowing it. up 8-2 againist the Yankees and now losing 10-9.

Don’t see many Twins games out here with the lack of national coverage by ESPN/MLB networks. I might be glad for that as I can’t believe the ineptitude of the bullpen. Is this the way it always is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great game but brutal loss. If Hicks doesn't catch that last play they win 15-14. And if they don't get at least 2 arms for the bullpen both Falvey and Levine should be fired on 8/1.

Great game but brutal loss. If Hicks doesn't catch that last play they win 15-14. And if they don't get at least 2 arms for the bullpen both Falvey and Levine should be fired on 8/1.

I turned the game off when we were up 8-2 because the game was just at a brutally slow pace. I had already watched like 3 hours and it was only the 5th inning. Baseball sucks to watch compared to soccer (just had to get that in there).

They NEED to do something, it will be extremely embarrassing if they don't.

That missed strike 3 call in the 8th was just brutal. Ump totally blew it and I think he knew it. Could have easily tossed a couple guys right away.

The trade deadline can't come fast enough, really need some bullpen help.

That missed strike 3 call in the 8th was just brutal. Ump totally blew it and I think he knew it. Could have easily tossed a couple guys right away.

The trade deadline can't come fast enough, really need some bullpen help.

I'll give Rocco credit, he finally showed at least a little emotion. He should have got himself tossed right away though, not waited until the wheels came fully off. I don't understand why he immediately pulled Duffey after that blown call though. I know these guys love stats and Harper was supposed to be better against lefties, but if I've got a pitcher who's ticked off and thinks he just got robbed, I let him try to take out that aggression on the next batter.

I'll give Rocco credit, he finally showed at least a little emotion. He should have got himself tossed right away though, not waited until the wheels came fully off. I don't understand why he immediately pulled Duffey after that blown call though. I know these guys love stats and Harper was supposed to be better against lefties, but if I've got a pitcher who's ticked off and thinks he just got robbed, I let him try to take out that aggression on the next batter.

Parker should have been the one DFA'd instead of Morin. He's been brutal since about May 1st. Even when he makes it through a scoreless inning, he walks 2 guys first. As soon as I saw him warming up, I was hoping he could get through the inning with 2 runs allowed or less. That was too much to ask though.

Parker should have been the one DFA'd instead of Morin. He's been brutal since about May 1st. Even when he makes it through a scoreless inning, he walks 2 guys first. As soon as I saw him warming up, I was hoping he could get through the inning with 2 runs allowed or less. That was too much to ask though.

The weird thing about him is he has been great in high leverage situations. As weird as it sounds, he almost has to come in when the game is closer. I thought it was a good addition before they season but man can he be frustrating.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Win Twins!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Win Twins!!

Doogie's positive they will add? Crap. Get ready for "we couldn't find the right fit" "the best trade are the ones you don't make" and "calling up Cody Allen is just like making a trade."

Blake Parker DFA'd. Glad I'll never have to fast forward through another of his train-wrecks. But how does a guy go from being handed the ball in the 8th against the Yankees to DFA'd in less than 24 hours? Something is very wrong with your bullpen to be in that spot.

Blake Parker DFA'd. Glad I'll never have to fast forward through another of his train-wrecks. But how does a guy go from being handed the ball in the 8th against the Yankees to DFA'd in less than 24 hours? Something is very wrong with your bullpen to be in that spot.

Saw a writer (maybe La Velle - can't remember) saying on Twitter that, if they DFA'd Parker, the front office must be pretty damn confident they're going to make a deal soon. As shaky as Parker has been, the guy they brought up today - Torres - is a journeyman with much worse numbers than Parker. That is a head-scratcher. the only plus for Torres is that he has a lot of major league experience, so I suppose that's better than bringing up some kid from the minors who might crap his pants.

Saw a writer (maybe La Velle - can't remember) saying on Twitter that, if they DFA'd Parker, the front office must be pretty damn confident they're going to make a deal soon. As shaky as Parker has been, the guy they brought up today - Torres - is a journeyman with much worse numbers than Parker. That is a head-scratcher. the only plus for Torres is that he has a lot of major league experience, so I suppose that's better than bringing up some kid from the minors who might crap his pants.

The three kids brought up from AAA (Thorpe, Stashak, Smeltzer) pitched 8 1/3 innings against the Yankees and gave up 2 runs. The veterans? Woof.

Win Twins!!

per Sid:

Sano heating up

While Tuesday night’s incredible game had a disappointing end for the Twins, one thing is certain: Miguel Sano is back to being one of the most dangerous hitters in baseball.

His two home runs — a three-run shot off Yankees starter Domingo German in the fourth inning and a two-run blast off reliever Zack Britton in the bottom of the eighth — were huge.

Sano has been a Yankee killer in his career. In 15 games against the Bronx Bombers heading into Wednesday night, he has a .271 average with eight homers, two doubles, 18 RBI and 13 runs scored. His .712 career slugging percentage is the highest against any AL opponent.

In his past 20 games going into Wednesday night, Sano has hit .299 with seven homers, 17 RBI, 15 runs scored and has posted a 1.099 on-base-plus-slugging percentage.

While Sano has had an inconsistent career, it’s worth remembering one of the greatest mistakes the Twins ever made was letting go David Ortiz too early. The Twins released Ortiz after the 2002 season, when he was 26, after he had hit .272 with 20 homers, 32 doubles, 75 RBI and 52 runs scored in 125 games.

The comparisons between Ortiz and Sano are similar. Sano turned 26 in May, and his numbers are nearly identical to what Ortiz accomplished up to that age.

From 1997-2002 with the Twins, Ortiz hit .266 with a .461 slugging percentage and .809 OPS in 455 career games.

In his Twins career through Tuesday, Sano has hit .243 with a .487 slugging percentage and .821 OPS in 432 career games, reaching 100 home runs faster than any player in club history.

Sano might not go on to the sort of Hall of Fame career Ortiz had in Boston, but there is no doubt the Twins should do everything they can to keep the power-hitting third baseman, who has really started to come on after a slow start.

http://www.startribune.com/twins-boss-derek-falvey-still-seeks-more-bullpen-help/513169882/

Win Twins!!

Anybody know whats wrong with Odorizzi?

Odo likes to go up the ladder and get guys to chase balls that are out of the strike zone. Against a really patient team like the Yankees, that doesn't work as well. they take the pitchers that are out of the zone......putting the pitcher behind in the count.....and eventually he has to throw a strike. and unfortunately, his 'stuff' isn't overpowering. If he throws too many pitches too close to the middle of the zone, he's going to get lit up by a good team.

Odo is best working against a team that swings at a lot of pitches that are out of the zone. so, he can be effective against certain teams, and against other teams it can turn into walk, walk, bomb.......walk, walk, bomb.

Odo likes to go up the ladder and get guys to chase balls that are out of the strike zone. Against a really patient team like the Yankees, that doesn't work as well. they take the pitchers that are out of the zone......putting the pitcher behind in the count.....and eventually he has to throw a strike. and unfortunately, his 'stuff' isn't overpowering. If he throws too many pitches too close to the middle of the zone, he's going to get lit up by a good team.

Odo is best working against a team that swings at a lot of pitches that are out of the zone. so, he can be effective against certain teams, and against other teams it can turn into walk, walk, bomb.......walk, walk, bomb.

this makes sense, thank you

How does that explain his Yankee Stadium performance in May?

The Twins set an MLB record with 9 games with 5+ HRs, and it's still July.

Cruz with 3 HRs tonight.

Win Twins!!

Sid: Recent lapses aside, Taylor Rogers has excelled for Twins

Yes, Taylor Rogers had two rough games in the past week — losing leads to the Athletics and Yankees when he had two outs and no runners on in the ninth inning. But the simple fact is that Rogers has been the best arm in the Twins bullpen and one of the best in baseball.

Rogers, who entered Thursday 2-2 with 15 saves and a 2.27 ERA, struck out 59 batters in 47⅔ innings and had given up only five home runs on the season.

More impressively, for a club that has had issues finding reliable arms in the bullpen, Rogers has six saves of two innings or more and eight saves that have required at least four outs.

The Twins drafted the University of Kentucky product in the 11th round of the 2012 draft, and Rogers said that he wants to be the closer every chance he gets.

“Obviously the adrenaline is a little bit different in that type of inning, but having your teammates count on you is a nice feeling and being in that position is rewarding,” the 28-year-old said. “But you’re also, sometimes when it doesn’t go well, it’s all on you and it’s all your fault. It’s interesting and I really enjoy it.”

http://www.startribune.com/recent-lapses-aside-taylor-rogers-has-excelled-for-twins/513224572/

Win Twins!!

Supposedly the Twins are in on Syndegaard. I won't hold my breath. But I'd do it, especially if they can give up Kierloff instead of Lewis.

Supposedly the Twins are in on Syndegaard. I won't hold my breath. But I'd do it, especially if they can give up Kierloff instead of Lewis.

Sounds like they were asking for both initially. We'll see where it goes. It would be a very out of character move for the team, but so was firing Molitor for a guy with zero ties to the organization.

Sounds like they were asking for both initially. We'll see where it goes. It would be a very out of character move for the team, but so was firing Molitor for a guy with zero ties to the organization.

Both is too much unless there is more coming back. But they certainly have enough pieces to do it with one of them and some of their other top 20 guys.

How about the Twins do this:

Offer a menu; column A prospects 1-5, B 6-10, C 11-15, D 15-20

On from each column for Thor & Diaz.

Would that work for both sides?

Top Bottom