2019 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Maybe they would be better, maybe not. There could be a reason why he hasn't signed anywhere.

Not worth a draft choice?

If after June 3rd (draft day), both Kuechel & Kimbrel are signed, that's the answer.

Even if they do sign either one after the draft, neither will be ready for awhile I have to believe. I think they'll make moves at the trade deadline this year.

Maybe they would be better, maybe not. There could be a reason why he hasn't signed anywhere.

No one wants to give up the draft pick. He's almost certainly better than Pineda/Odorizzi and Pineda probably can't give more than 150 innings at most anyway.

Game 1 goes to the New York Yankees. Twins are now 1-14 in last 15 at Yankee Stadium. I hate playing the Yankees..

Game 1 goes to the New York Yankees. Twins are now 1-14 in last 15 at Yankee Stadium. I hate playing the Yankees..

It's pretty ridiculous...you could go back decades, and I don't think the record would be that much better.

Saw a stat that the Twins winning percentage against the Yankees since 2002 is .265 which would be the equivalent of going 43-119 in a full season.

Saw a stat that the Twins winning percentage against the Yankees since 2002 is .265 which would be the equivalent of going 43-119 in a full season.

Teams change. But the Twins pissing down their leg at Yankee stadium will never change.

Teams change. But the Twins pissing down their leg at Yankee stadium will never change.

Yes. They can't beat the Yankees anywhere, but I'm sure it's worse at Yankee Stadium, as impossible as that seems.

Good win today. But the need for another reliever was confirmed, IMO. Parker's fine to close out against the Tigers/Royals/White Sox but I don't trust him in a big spot against a good team. And Hilldenberger's has typical Twins-itits against the Yankees too. They have about 1.5 guys I would trust in October.

Charley Walters: Nelson Cruz says Twins remind him of 2010 AL champs

Minnesota Twins designated hitter Nelson Cruz is in his 15th season in the major leagues. In 2010, his Texas Rangers made it to the World Series.

“Definitely — we (Twins) are a young, intelligent and really athletic team,” Cruz said. “(Texas) wasn’t that young, but was really athletic. The teams are very similar — we can do a lot of stuff to win ball games.”

Cruz, 38, mentioned the Twins’ infield defense.

“Jonathan (Schoop), (Jorge) Polanco, Marwin (Gonzalez) — we can do a lot of stuff besides hitting the long ball,” he said. “Definitely the goal is to go to the playoffs, and we can get stronger in some aspects of the ball club. It’s too early to call it, but if we can play that (playoff contention) way, the front office would do some moving up.”

That would be adding talent.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/05/...cruz-says-twins-remind-him-of-2010-al-champs/

Win Twins!!

I’ve all of a sudden become very intrigued with the Perez signing. Maybe they saw something in him others didn’t?

It appears they did. He’s throwing harder than he was last year and his new cutter really looks good. I’m very impressed with the Wes Johnson hire. It’s very unusual to hire a pitching coach from the college level.

IDK what changes Perez made to his steroids but I hope he sticks with them.

Berrios with another gem. Garver with a big HR. Another win, this team is fun to watch.

Win Twins!!

It appears they did. He’s throwing harder than he was last year and his new cutter really looks good. I’m very impressed with the Wes Johnson hire. It’s very unusual to hire a pitching coach from the college level.

I read somewhere that he's the first college pitching coach to be hired directly from that position to the same position on an MLB club. It's almost impossible to believe, but apparently true.

STrib: Twins offer $5 tickets for all remaining home games in May

The Twins on Tuesday announced a special ticket offer for all remaining home games in May.

Tickets starting at $5, with no processing fees, are available for seats in the home run porch and grandstand seating areas and can be purchased as of 6 p.m. Tuesday through 10 p.m. on Thursday by visiting www.twinsbaseball.com/flashsale.

The Twins have 12 home games the rest of the month. They will host the Detroit Tigers this weekend and Chicago White Sox (May 24-26), while also welcoming Mike Trout, Shohei Ohtani and the Los Angeles Angels to Target Field on May 13-15. The Twins conclude their home May slate with the annual Border Battle interleague series against the Milwaukee Brewers (May 27-28).

This ticket sale effort, the familiar opponents and better weather should help the Twins’ attendance numbers.

http://www.startribune.com/twins-offer-5-tickets-for-all-remaining-home-games-in-may/509611552/

Win Twins!!

I like that promotion by the twins. Good for them.

They need to lock berrios down. I don't care what it costs, he's the real deal.

I like that promotion by the twins. Good for them.

They need to lock berrios down. I don't care what it costs, he's the real deal.

I bought seats for Saturday of Memorial weekend. Even with food/drink, that's a cheap family day.

Agree on Berrios. They tried that earlier though, so they're going to have to come to the table with a little more "oomph" this time around.

I bought seats for Saturday of Memorial weekend. Even with food/drink, that's a cheap family day.

Agree on Berrios. They tried that earlier though, so they're going to have to come to the table with a little more "oomph" this time around.

Only games against the Angels next week left. I guess it worked.

Only games against the Angels next week left. I guess it worked.

Wow. Wasn't expecting them to go that fast. Of course I did this without checking with the wife first, so again, I'm only out $20 and a night on the couch if it doesn't work.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Win Twins!!

Another thumping tonight. Lineup is legit, pitching is exceeding expectations by leaps and bounds. Keep it going, we need a fun summer and an exciting fall.

I find myself singing "We're gonna win Twins" a lot lately.

One looming issue for the Twins: 2020 status of the current rotation:

Berrios-1st year arbitration
Gibson-Free Agent
Odorizzi- Free Agent
Perez-Free Agent
Pineda-Free Agent

Pineda is bad and I don't yet trust Odorizzi. I'd be willing to sign Gibby to an extension of say 3/$30 and Perez for perhaps 2/$16 or 3/$24.

One looming issue for the Twins: 2020 status of the current rotation:

Berrios-1st year arbitration
Gibson-Free Agent
Odorizzi- Free Agent
Perez-Free Agent
Pineda-Free Agent

Pineda is bad and I don't yet trust Odorizzi. I'd be willing to sign Gibby to an extension of say 3/$30 and Perez for perhaps 2/$16 or 3/$24.

Perez has a team option for 2020 at $7.5 million. I'm assuming they think Graterol will take over one of the spots by next year. He's got a 1.91 ERA at Pensacola right now. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a September call up if they think he could help a little in the bullpen.

Top Bottom