Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1476
    Blog Entries

Duffy's outing on Saturday after throwing 25 pitches and Rogers 2nd inning tonight are why the answer on Friday wasn't so clear-cut.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    3 innings left. Lots of time.
    Yeah. It would be easier to be optimistic if we weren't watching the same movie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Yeah. It would be easier to be optimistic if we weren't watching the same movie for 15 years.
    By my calculation, even with a terrible team that has only a 30 percent chance to win a game, the randomized chance of losing 16 straight games is one in 300.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    Why in the hell was Odo pulled? He was sitting at 81 pitches. And long rest between starts. WTF?
    I'm sure some sort of analytics said it was time.

The Twins ⚾️ of recent decades have never been in the business of winning for the sake of winning. It's about winning just enough to pacify folks and get them to come to the park again next year (watch the moves they make after this year to see this philosophy).

The gulf in quality between MN and the Yankees is massive, and their similar records appear to be a mirage as NYY hit the switch with ease. The Twins adding good players? Why, that would cost money! Baseball has a convenient shield of internal farm system/prospect development which allows for constant reliance on a never-ending excuse of "the future is bright and we can't mortgage the future by trading young prospects for current star players." The goalposts are always moving.

I don't blame die-hard Twins fans for disconnecting and treating it as a pure social/entertainment outing until shown otherwise.

I respect the Wilf Vikings because they're willing to do what must be done to win games - even if it doesn't always work out.
    Last edited by bfast; 10-07-2019 at 10:50 PM.
    "If these rafters could talk, imagine the stories they would tell... of the teams, and the players... the moments and the memories that have made Williams Arena one of the cathedrals of college basketball..."

By my calculation, even with a terrible team that has only a 30 percent chance to win a game, the randomized chance of losing 16 straight games is one in 300.
    That's what makes our Twins exceptional!

Correct. Using your numbers itís 0.7 to the 16th power == 3.3 thousandths ==> 1 in 303. If itís 50/50, itís 1.5/100,000. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by bfast View Post
    The Twins ⚾️ of recent decades have never been in the business of winning for the sake of winning. It's about winning just enough to pacify folks and get them to come to the park again next year (watch the moves they make after this year to see this philosophy).

The gulf in quality between MN and the Yankees is massive, and their similar records appear to be a mirage as NYY hit the switch with ease. The Twins adding good players? Why, that would cost money! Baseball has a convenient shield of internal farm system/prospect development which allows for constant reliance on a never-ending excuse of "the future is bright and we can't mortgage the future by trading young prospects for current star players." The goalposts are always moving.

I don't blame die-hard Twins fans for disconnecting and treating it as a pure social/entertainment outing until shown otherwise.

I respect the Wilf Vikings because they're willing to do what must be done to win games - even if it doesn't always work out.
    They won the second most games in the history of the Twins. Are you saying they purposely bring in guys that perform well in the regular season but not the playoffs? This team is better than they’ve shown in this series.

Blog Entries

That says it all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bfast View Post

This is such a canard. The gulf between the Rays and Astros is far bigger than the gulf between the Twins and Yankees. They still managed to man up and win at least one $%%^ game.

Blog Entries

I've been defending Rocco a bit, but he uses Rogers and Romo for 2 innings tonight. They both give up runs in the 2nd inning while May and Duffy are sitting unused. He has made a lot of questionable decisions in this series.

And he pulled Odo after 82 pitches.

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

Blog Entries

2 on in the 9th and you let a clearly injured Kepler hit?

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    2 on in the 9th and you let a clearly injured Kepler hit?
    He had no business leading off the past two games.