B1G Game 16: Gophers Visit Maryland (2-21-19)

Great first half for the Gophers. Pitts with 19, Bell with 15. Bello 8 boards. Bell with 5 assists and no (no no no) turnovers. Another half like the first and the Gophers can get out of there with a W. Pitts 7 of 11 overall and 5 of 9 on 3's. I sure wish Mikesell hadn't hit that 3 to end the half for MD.

Fun half, Pitts is just playing great basketball right now.

You can count on Frese to make better adjustments than Whalen. They'll probably focus on Pitts. Hopefully Perez will be able to step up if open.

No halftime show of any kind? Not even commercials?

Let's hope that the last 3 at the buzzer isn't a momentum change in favor of the home team.

Watson with 3 fouls; more importantly, Charles with 2 for Maryland. No Gophers with more than 1. But, even with foul trouble, Maryland a deeper team than the Gophers.

Perez to Brunson for 2 on the break. Another forced time out for MD. 52-38.

Gophers off to a great start in 2nd half, up by 14. Brunson pushing the pace.

If the Gophers can get it to 20 by the end of the third, I might feel comfortable.

Bell seems to be losing sharpness. Gotta value every possession with Maryland.

Some home cooking with the female announcer ;)

54-40 at media break in 3rd. We are showing a little sloppiness, but MD is starting to show more want-to-win.

Usually mistake-free Perez with a couple of mistakes in a about a minute. Nice time for a timeout.

Looks like MD has made some adjustments on Pitts. Someone else will have to step up for the Gophers.

I thought this was going to be on BTN. Is it being televised somewhere else?

A quarter and a half to go. Keep playing with this intensity. The ladies have been firing on all cylinders the last two games. Fun to watch.

No collapse in the 4th and the gophers can head home with a road win!

I felt like Gophers went into burn block mode already in the second half of the third. This is not what got them there. Don't play not to lose.

Marylands going triangle and 2 here, Brunson Bello Perez gonna have to make some plays.

Not gonna get any calls in the 4th apparently

That was a terrible call on the out of bounds.

65-60 with 5 minutes to go. We are starting to lose it. Got to pick up the intensity and pace.

Really bad defense by Kaposi on those 3s, gotta get out on Mikesell.

Perez should be guarding Mikesell. Faceguard her.

Top Bottom