Omersa at IU Game

So an observation as I was there on Saturday.

Gophs had the game well under control and there was about 5-6 minutes left or so. There was a little section in the corner of the upper deck opposite the Gophers' bench with a "we want Jarvis" chant going on for about a minute. Pitino heard it and was kind of smiling on the bench and eventually did a little "louder, I can't hear you" type of playful gesture up towards that section to get them going a bit more. They got a little bit louder, or as loud as like 10 people can get, and Pitino smiled again and pointed to Jarvis to go check in

A kid like Jarvis is one you can build a program out of. We'll see what he can do with his game over 4 years, but a guy like that will do a lot for a team. John Thomas had some of that on the 96-97 team. Thomas was very raw when he got to the U but he ended up getting the most out of what he had and became a very valuable team member on a great team.

A kid like Jarvis is one you can build a program out of. We'll see what he can do with his game over 4 years, but a guy like that will do a lot for a team. John Thomas had some of that on the 96-97 team. Thomas was very raw when he got to the U but he ended up getting the most out of what he had and became a very valuable team member on a great team.

I think we forget that Jarvis is also really young, almost a year younger than most freshman, and it was common perception that he would be red shirted this year. Curry's second injury made that impossible. I'm not giving up on him as a player, but I agree with you that even if he is not a great player, he will do wonders for the team.

There was also a moment where pitino was yelling at omersa. After Richard turned attention to the team, Omersa rolled his eyes and gave a smirk. I thought that was disrespectful.

There was also a moment where pitino was yelling at omersa. After Richard turned attention to the team, Omersa rolled his eyes and gave a smirk. I thought that was disrespectful.

That wouldn't be good. Hopefully he'll mature a bit more as well.

Yikes

I was under the assumption that most of us thought of him as a project when he signed with the Gophers. We are free to speculate, but I think it's too early to have any idea what type of player he will become. I didn't expect much from him in his first season.

I was under the assumption that most of us thought of him as a project when he signed with the Gophers. We are free to speculate, but I think it's too early to have any idea what type of player he will become. I didn't expect much from him in his first season.

This. And also, he seems like he cares a lot. Just doesn't basketball very well yet.

I get the feeling that Omersa is best-suited for a wide-open, open-court style of game where he can get out into space and use his athletic ability. I'm not sure what he adds to a half-court offense. This off-season is going to be really important for him to hit the weight room and live in the gym - put up as many shots as you can stand every day, work on ball-handling, etc.

I get the feeling that Omersa is best-suited for a wide-open, open-court style of game where he can get out into space and use his athletic ability. I'm not sure what he adds to a half-court offense. This off-season is going to be really important for him to hit the weight room and live in the gym - put up as many shots as you can stand every day, work on ball-handling, etc.

I think this applies to everyone on our team currently.

He can't shoot AT ALL so he won't ever score much but he has the tools to be a great defender and rebounder.

He’s developing into one helluva bench player!

He can't shoot AT ALL so he won't ever score much but he has the tools to be a great defender and rebounder.

Can he make dunks? Layups? Then he is on par with pretty much every post we've had in the past decade aside from Oturu.

The kid is a phenomenal athlete. Casual 360 dunks in warmups. Plenty of intensity. Just needs to refine it all. I do agree he can be a great defender and rebounder.

Top Bottom