Elite: The whole Athletic Department?

Flecks impact is evident. Only Fleck would call a team that is 13-14-4 elite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gopher hockey was elite this weekend. Most of the rest of their season, not so much. Motzko will have us top 5 in 2 years though.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Gopher hockey was elite this weekend. Most of the rest of their season, not so much. Motzko will have us top 5 in 2 years though.

I think/ hope you are right. Figure out the defense and our Gophers are there. Overall the Goalies have played well. The rest of the defense? Not so much...

Agreed. This weekend looked good. Long way to go. Motzko May get us into the top 5 but we’ll exit in the first round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's their NET ranking? Goalies are getting LOTS of work. As to the video, "[those] creep can roll, man!"

Agreed. This weekend looked good. Long way to go. Motzko May get us into the top 5 but we’ll exit in the first round.

Nah - he's already won title with the Gophers as an assistant. He'll take us to the promised land. Have faith. In Bob we trust.

Seriously why is this posted in the Football forum and not in the Hockey forum?

Seriously why is this posted in the Football forum and not in the Hockey forum?

I think it all started because the hockey jet has "Elite" written on it (see the Youtube video in the OP), which is a word used a lot by the football coach. And then we got a little off track after that...

I think it all started because the hockey jet has "Elite" written on it (see the Youtube video in the OP), which is a word used a lot by the football coach. And then we got a little off track after that...

Little off track? LOL!

I agree 100%.. This is not Motzko's team. He is having difficulty motivating them on a game to game basis.
I watched St Cloud State last weekend vs. Colorado College.... Down 4-2 with 4 minutes left. they fight back, tie the game and win it in OT. Those are Motzko's players.

2-3 years, he will have his team in Minneapolis.

The NET ranking question was a joke based on discussion in the basketball forum. I did enjoy the highlight films and the link to the stats though.
I figured I was missing something, but thought the links would be useful for those who haven’t been following the hockey team that closely.

I agree 100%.. This is not Motzko's team. He is having difficulty motivating them on a game to game basis.
I watched St Cloud State last weekend vs. Colorado College.... Down 4-2 with 4 minutes left. they fight back, tie the game and win it in OT. Those are Motzko's players.

2-3 years, he will have his team in Minneapolis.

I feel like Lucia had trouble with motivation a lot in later years too. Talent, but as a group kinda skating around and going through the motions in some games.

2tzboj.jpg

Notice the Jet...

LOL Elite Airways. It's not affiliated with the U but is basically a private charter company. The company tried to set up flights from Rochester, MN to Jacksonville area/Scottsdale area thinking with Mayo Clinic's policy for business travel where you have to fly out of Rochester on business trips affiliated with Mayo. They expected to cater to Mayo professionals traveling from Rochester to Jacksonville and Scottsdale. Unfortunately, they thought that people would pay 600 dollars per flight and very little people booked. They instead would book on Delta or American and layover in Chicago/Minneapolis for way cheaper. They never even made one flight before the cancelled their plans.

I feel like Lucia had trouble with motivation a lot in later years too. Talent, but as a group kinda skating around and going through the motions in some games.

I agree with the Lucia motivation thing. I have watched quite a few games the last few years that were painfully embarrassing for fans and team. Also I saw the team play really hard last year (2nd Ohio State series?) and still come up short. Back in the day, if the Gopher Hockey Team was skating hard and passing well they didn't get beaten very often.

RE: The football forum turning into the hockey forum

This thread has more posts than the whole hockey forum gets in a month, so let's let it slide just this once.

Agreed. It's also worth pointing out the similarities between the two programs, from "Elite", to rebuilding with the right coach, to reviving former glory.

It really is amazing how U athletics is so successful as a whole. Wrestling, baseball, women's sports in general... Sad that the money makers are where we are fielding our weakest teams.

Only difference is Gopher hockey in its worst years can still beat any team in the country on any given weekend.

True, but that's why it's frustrating to have a losing record.

Losing record is incredibly frustrating for this program, even with the team full of prima donnas Bob had to take over and losing the best forward and defenseman from last year. After an unlikely sweep, I actually have some hope we could finish .500, though.

In the 20-21 season, Gopher hockey should be back.

Top Bottom