STrib: Isaiah Washington sits out but Eric Curry returns

I define players position by who they can guard. I think Kalscheur can guard SF positions on opposing teams as well or better than Coffey can.

I think that the word for Coffey is "will". He should be an amazing defender and I hope by next year that is the case. He has length, speed and hops. Just has to want to do it consistently.

I think that the word for Coffey is "will". He should be an amazing defender and I hope by next year that is the case. He has length, speed and hops. Just has to want to do it consistently.

Playing D is very physical. I counted 6 tough screens Gabe had to fight through just on one possession alone against IU. That's a lot of pounding in one game and it takes "will" and discipline.

Playing D is very physical. I counted 6 tough screens Gabe had to fight through just on one possession alone against IU. That's a lot of pounding in one game and it takes "will" and discipline.

I like to just watch Gabe when gophs are on defense as well.
Pitino likes to sing Gabe's praises whenever he gets the chance. Oturu, Carr, Gabe, Williams, Omersa will be a solid group for the next 3 years. Hopeully, can get at least one more impact high school recruit this spring and then make a splash with the 2020 guys.

I like to just watch Gabe when gophs are on defense as well.
Pitino likes to sing Gabe's praises whenever he gets the chance. Oturu, Carr, Gabe, Williams, Omersa will be a solid group for the next 3 years. Hopeully, can get at least one more impact high school recruit this spring and then make a splash with the 2020 guys.
I'm not sold on Omersa. The kid plays like he's got a lot of athleticism and a really low basketball IQ. He looks lost most of the time.

Buggs was an athlete but played soft and had a pretty nice stroke. Omersa is an athlete but is raw and plays rugged. They are a lot different.
Omersa has a lot of time to develop his game.

Buggs was an athlete but played soft and had a pretty nice stroke. Omersa is an athlete but is raw and plays rugged. They are a lot different.
Omersa has a lot of time to develop his game.

Nonsense.

Pretty sure Buggs had a better shot than Omersa will ever have. Omersa is a better athlete.
Omersa just looks lost on the court. At this level he can't out athlete his opponents. Hopefully he can eventually figure how to play at this level.

Pretty sure Buggs had a better shot than Omersa will ever have. Omersa is a better athlete.
Omersa just looks lost on the court. At this level he can't out athlete his opponents. Hopefully he can eventually figure how to play at this level.

Offensively he'll need to develop something around the rim and move out from there. He does not have good anticipation or spatial awareness at this stage.

I've been disappointed in his rebounding numbers given his height, physique, and leaping ability. Maybe not enough effort; maybe lack of anticipation/awareness. Hard to say.

Offensively he'll need to develop something around the rim and move out from there. He does not have good anticipation or spatial awareness at this stage.

I've been disappointed in his rebounding numbers given his height, physique, and leaping ability. Maybe not enough effort; maybe lack of anticipation/awareness. Hard to say.

I'll be very surprised if he ever is a meaningful player. It is early, and there hasn't been much of a look at his game, but he looks too raw imo.

I'll be very surprised if he ever is a meaningful player. It is early, and there hasn't been much of a look at his game, but he looks too raw imo.

That would be very disappointing given the hype over his recruitment. He should be able to develop into a reliable defender/rebounder and a guy that can score on lobs, put-backs etc.

Top Bottom