Where is the Love?

alchemy2u

Reaction score
Very good game by the Gophers today! Let’s have some positivity here....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's nice to see! I like seeing Pree make some shots. Hope this starts a streak

Good win. Great to see Gabe hitting shots.

Hot diggity dig!
We won
And we won big!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nobody talking about Amir, but 18 pts, 7 assts and 6 reb is pretty damn solid.

We're all waiting to see whether this win helps our NET or not.

We think we played efficiently, but hard to know if this was good for us or not until the NET is posted.

I will react accordingly after the next NET update.

We're all waiting to see whether this win helps our NET or not.

We think we played efficiently, but hard to know if this was good for us or not until the NET is posted.

I will react accordingly after the next NET update.

Sorry to deliver the bad news. The Ganglehoff Factor in the NET formula will cause our NET to worsen. Also, our water-boys did not take the most efficient routes to deliver water to the players during time-outs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good game by the Gophers today! Let’s have some positivity here....

LOVE to see a blow-out of one of the storied teams in basketball history and a perennial media darling. This will keep the Pitino-hating trolls hiding under their bridges for at least a few days [emoji6]

Easy victory. Shot 3 pointers well. Now if we could consistently shoot like this every game.

Nobody talking about Amir, but 18 pts, 7 assts and 6 reb is pretty damn solid.

Was hoping he’d point at Dakich after being subbed out for final time of the game.

LOVE to see a blow-out of one of the storied teams in basketball history and a perennial media darling. This will keep the Pitino-hating trolls hiding under their bridges for at least a few days [emoji6]

Not every poster who questions Pitino is a troll. Today was excellent and for me the highlight was the defense because even without a incredible shooting display we would have won. Plus, low turnovers. Awesome.

Was hoping he’d point at Dakich after being subbed out for final time of the game.
Dakich was pretty favorable towards us today. And mentioned how we got ripped off against Nebraska multiple times.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If it takes Dakich ripping on Amir to get Amir to play well, we should all buy DD a beer.

Been waiting for the 3-pt shooting dam to break. It had to. Need to use this confidence boost for the next one.

I thought Matz played nice defense when Daniel went out with his second foul.

Not every poster who questions Pitino is a troll. Today was excellent and for me the highlight was the defense because even without a incredible shooting display we would have won. Plus, low turnovers. Awesome.

I agree, and don’t consider you one of the trolls. I specifically called them the Pitino-Hating” trolls. To question a coach is not to hate him. There are some who seem to delight in our losses because they hate our coach. I will never delight in a Gopher loss, even if I think a coaching change is needed.

I agree, and don’t consider you one of the trolls. I specifically called them the Pitino-Hating” trolls. To question a coach is not to hate him. There are some who seem to delight in our losses because they hate our coach. I will never delight in a Gopher loss, even if I think a coaching change is needed.

Agree. Those guys that cheer for the Gophers to lose are not really fans. Negative people tend to be the kind that cheer for others fail. Like hoping that kids that leave the state do poorly.

Now if the Gophers had shot this well and played as aggressively in many of our other games they would have a handful more wins and no one would be calling for Pitino’s head. Funny how that is, I don’t think Pitino necessarily coached them up any better for today’s game.

That is just a part of the college game, players get cold, they get caught watching the ball and not covering their guy, they throw weak passes, etc... Every coach looks for recruits that they can turn into cold blooded assassins that do everything right. Not all players are able to translate their athleticism and skills into clutch B1G players. Look how long it has taken for Coffey to turn his NBA level skills into a dominating force on the court. It is still a work in progress. The good programs reload with player that have the potential and cast off the ones that can’t translate onto the court. The Gophers have a nice collection of talented players, but they are still too thin to overcome a couple of misses where players don’t pan out on the court. And heaven forbid they have injuries. I think Pitino has done a good job of coaching and developing his players.

Now if the Gophers had shot this well and played as aggressively in many of our other games they would have a handful more wins and no one would be calling for Pitino’s head. Funny how that is, I don’t think Pitino necessarily coached them up any better for today’s game.

That is just a part of the college game, players get cold, they get caught watching the ball and not covering their guy, they throw weak passes, etc... Every coach looks for recruits that they can turn into cold blooded assassins that do everything right. Not all players are able to translate their athleticism and skills into clutch B1G players. Look how long it has taken for Coffey to turn his NBA level skills into a dominating force on the court. It is still a work in progress. The good programs reload with player that have the potential and cast off the ones that can’t translate onto the court. The Gophers have a nice collection of talented players, but they are still too thin to overcome a couple of misses where players don’t pan out on the court. And heaven forbid they have injuries. I think Pitino has done a good job of coaching and developing his players.

I'm gonna disagree on Pitino didnt coach them up today. They lost at Nebraska and he along with his players weren't happy. This was a game that I'm sure he and the team after nebraska were thinking must win so I'm sure that was brought up. He used the nebraska loss as a good spot to bring this game as a must win. Kudos to Pitino. Should use same approach next game and say if we win this next game we might assure ourselves a tourney birth.

Yes what ever they ate and did before the game, bottle that up for the next one. Murphy worked his tail off and took over this game. What an effort! He missed some bunnies and could have easily had 22 at the half.
Gabe was feeling it and the gophers got a lot of great looks.
It’s always fun to beat the Hoosiers. Not to be negative but when the Gophers had that run a few minutes into the second half, it felt like it took the fight out of IU and the game was over. First big ten game where the game wasn’t in doubt for the good guys with 10 minutes to go this year.
How about the battle between Coffey and Lankford? Both super athletic players and Coffey was the better player.
How was the atmosphere?

Last edited:

They had a better plan and executed it very well. The team played better defense. Whether you like it or not that is his job to build a team that does that often. I have stood by this team to do special things this year and still think they will. Every coach deals with depth and injuries.

We'd have 1 loss if we had shot 12-22 every game. :) Still would have lost the MSU game- theoretically.

If it's all on the players and the coach doesn't make a difference, why does anybody hire a coach? They sure make a lot of money for such an unimportant job.

If the Gophers win 2 of the next 5 I think they make it, even with a first round loss in the tournament. Indiana looked terrible. I don't see how the are close to the bubble. 4-10 in the conference? Brutal!! They have four tough games in a row....if they win 2 of them and then win their last two, they will have enough quality wins also, but after watching them yesterday I think they lose their next four game. Murphy has been awesome the last two games.

If it's all on the players and the coach doesn't make a difference, why does anybody hire a coach? They sure make a lot of money for such an unimportant job.

Did you read his last sentence?

If it takes Dakich ripping on Amir to get Amir to play well, we should all buy DD a beer.

I'm on board with this! Amir was aggressively looking to get to the basket. He can beat almost anyone to a spot in the paint and make that 8-10 footer consistently. He can be all conference just doing that!

Sorry to the OPer for not being logged onto the GopherHole 24/7. After the game we made a beeline to St Paul for bluegrass and pizza with some friends and never took our phones out once. What a rare evening!

I echo what others are saying. This is the team we thought we had and would like to see more of. I can't tell you how many times during the game I said something like "nice closeout" or "nice help D" or "good challenge." This team is capable of this! Even if they weren't hot shooting they would have won by 10.

On the other hand, I and my season ticket mates don't know when we've seen a more disinterested Indiana team. Archie's got some work to do over there.

In short, my point was the coach gets too much credit when they win and too much criticism when they lose.

Wins are good!

IMHO, every game is about match-ups. the Gophers matched up well against Indiana. That does not mean they are going to look the same, or play the same against their next opponent, because the match-ups will be different.

and that is where the coaches come in - working with players to understand the match-ups for each game, and prepare for the changes from game to game.

Now, if Team A just doesn't match up well against Team B, there is only so much a coach can do. Very few teams are so strong, or so balanced, that they can play well against every opponent.

Don't get too high after a win - don't get too low after a loss. because there's another game to prepare for.

Top Bottom