Where is the Love?

On the other hand, I and my season ticket mates don't know when we've seen a more disinterested Indiana team. Archie's got some work to do over there.

Indiana has been to the NCAA tournament 4 times in the past 11 seasons. In the past 5 seasons, they have won 20 or more games only twice and they are very unlikely to win 20 or more games this year.

Can we all agree that the image of Indiana as a power house program should be dead (at least for now)?

Wins are good!

IMHO, every game is about match-ups. the Gophers matched up well against Indiana. That does not mean they are going to look the same, or play the same against their next opponent, because the match-ups will be different.

Agree about matchups but Indiana also looks like a team right now that has very few potentially good matchups. I think the matchup against Michigan is not so bad for us.

In short, my point was the coach gets too much credit when they win and too much criticism when they lose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps, but the responsible party for "fault" or "credit" is mostly irrelevant. Programs that care about the sport don't want a heavy mix of mediocre seasons without a post-season invite so winning enough to avoid that condition is all that really matters.

If the Gophers win 2 of the next 5 I think they make it, even with a first round loss in the tournament. Indiana looked terrible. I don't see how the are close to the bubble. 4-10 in the conference? Brutal!! They have four tough games in a row....if they win 2 of them and then win their last two, they will have enough quality wins also, but after watching them yesterday I think they lose their next four game. Murphy has been awesome the last two games.

They're in consideration because they have quality non-conference wins over Marquette, Louisville and Butler, and have a road win at Michigan State. None if means much in 2 weeks if they don't string some wins together and make a run in the BTT. Coaching malpractice by Archie Miller yesterday, you have a potential lottery pick for a guard and he takes 6 shots??! Gophers were very good defensively, but run your offense through Morgan and Langford, and you at least give yourself a chance.

Gotta beat Michigan and/or Purdue at home. Northwestern and Rutgers won't be easy on the road by any means, but if the Gophers play with the same energy and sense of urgency that they did against Indiana, they can win 5 out of 6 heading into the BTT. It's what makes the loss at Nebraska hurt a little more, would've been a Quad 1 road win.

Amazing how once you see a few shots go in, confidence soars. Don't really care that it took Oturu beating the shot clock banked 3s from Coffey and Kalscheur, sometimes weird makes like that can springboard and offense. That's the most complete 40 minutes the Gophers have played this season.

[Good win. Great to see Gabe hitting shots.]. Gabe is only 10 3s short of what Blake did his freshman year. I will be willing to bet that if Gabe stays healthy, Gabe exceeds Blake’s totals after his four years is done.

[Good win. Great to see Gabe hitting shots.]. Gabe is only 10 3s short of what Blake did his freshman year. I will be willing to bet that if Gabe stays healthy, Gabe exceeds Blake’s totals after his four years is done.
Correction he is 12 short.

They need to run more offense for Gabe and he needs to shoot more...this season. Other teams are creative in getting shots for their best shooters. Herro was running all over the floor last night around screens trying to get open.

I still remember the staggered screen that UW used to get Bronson Koenig an open 3 to beat us a couple years ago. Gabe needs those.

Good win! That's what you do after you take a punch.

They're in consideration because they have quality non-conference wins over Marquette, Louisville and Butler, and have a road win at Michigan State. None if means much in 2 weeks if they don't string some wins together and make a run in the BTT. Coaching malpractice by Archie Miller yesterday, you have a potential lottery pick for a guard and he takes 6 shots??! Gophers were very good defensively, but run your offense through Morgan and Langford, and you at least give yourself a chance.

Gotta beat Michigan and/or Purdue at home. Northwestern and Rutgers won't be easy on the road by any means, but if the Gophers play with the same energy and sense of urgency that they did against Indiana, they can win 5 out of 6 heading into the BTT. It's what makes the loss at Nebraska hurt a little more, would've been a Quad 1 road win.

Amazing how once you see a few shots go in, confidence soars. Don't really care that it took Oturu beating the shot clock banked 3s from Coffey and Kalscheur, sometimes weird makes like that can springboard and offense. That's the most complete 40 minutes the Gophers have played this season.

I get their quality wins....but they are 4-10 in the B1G. They have 4 tough games in a row. If they are somehow able to win two of those games and then win their last two easier games, they would finish at 8-12 in the conference, and with the wins they have, they would probably make it. I think they will lose five of their last six though.

The Gophers should make it now I think, unless they totally collapse. If they make the tournament, I believe Pitino should be given another year.

I really hope they keep this momentum going and beat MI. I thought Murphy showed more leadership in addition to his strong game against IU.

I'm gonna disagree on Pitino didnt coach them up today. They lost at Nebraska and he along with his players weren't happy. This was a game that I'm sure he and the team after nebraska were thinking must win so I'm sure that was brought up. He used the nebraska loss as a good spot to bring this game as a must win. Kudos to Pitino. Should use same approach next game and say if we win this next game we might assure ourselves a tourney birth.

I'll agree with this. He got them up to play this game when it was needed and they responded. Great game by the Gophers. Let's hope this is the start of a string here and that the barn is defended well. Win the rest of our home games and get 1 or 2 of the road ones and we are in.

Top Bottom