***OFFICIAL INDIANA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I think we have a shot against Purdue at home. Michigan's style makes them hard to beat, especially since we're not going to take them by surprise. I'm more worried about the road games. We stink on the road, and Rutgers and NW may be circling us as a chance to get one more win to save some face. Plus, I don't like the Maryland matchup.

We can beat anyone at the barn when shooting like today and vs Iowa...

Needed that. Still got away from the inside game in the 2nd half but it worked out okay since we were making a lot from the outside.

Hope McBrayer hitting some shots gives him some confidence back down the stretch. Gabe seems like he is really dialed in; 14 3's in his last few games.

Is IW even on the bench?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time he was shown on TV he was having fun and celebrating with his teammates. Pregame reports indicated he hurt his tailbone sometime between the Nebraska game and today.

That's as complete a 40 minutes as the Gophers have played this season. Great to see their energy today when they needed a win in a big way. Great to see some early shots go in and get confidence.

Complete coaching malpractice today by Archie Miller. You've got a projected lottery pick in Romeo Langford, and you don't initiate any offense around him? Gophers played really well defensively, but he only had 5 or 6 shots before the game got out of hand. Not running the Indiana offense through Langford and Morgan is a fireable offense.

Murphy was an absolute beast, he alone wasn't letting the Gophers lose this one, or even have it be in doubt. Beat Michigan on Thursday, huge game at The Barn to solidify NCAA Tournament chances.

I know unlikely. Jmag thinks 2 more. It would have to come from those pool of 3 to make the tourney with two more wins.

Not a chance we get in with an 8-10 conf record.

Hah! I meant losing record at 9-11!

This statement is even more wrong than your first one. To say "not a chance" is to be completely unaware of the current landscape of the bubble and how many teams with losing conference records have a real shot to get in. If we finish 9-11 and two of those wins are against Michigan, Purdue or Maryland, we are 100% in. If we finish 9-11 and one of those wins comes against one of those three ranked teams, we will VERY likely get in. Now, if we finish 9-11 with wins over Rutgers and Northwestern, I'd say it's 50/50, but a win in the BTT would put us in.

This statement is even more wrong than your first one. To say "not a chance" is to be completely unaware of the current landscape of the bubble and how many teams with losing conference records have a real shot to get in. If we finish 9-11 and two of those wins are against Michigan, Purdue or Maryland, we are 100% in. If we finish 9-11 and one of those wins comes against one of those three ranked teams, we will VERY likely get in. Now, if we finish 9-11 with wins over Rutgers and Northwestern, I'd say it's 50/50, but a win in the BTT would put us in.
That's exactly where I see us right now.

Looking at the standings- there is really no way that any team beyond 8th place is going to make the tournament. The overall records of teams below are just too bad. I guess Nebraska winning out or all but one would be about it. So that is very likely going to put us in the top 8 even if we finish 9-11. I could definitely see a scenario where both us and OSU are 9-11 tied for 7th. I would assume their win over us would give them the edge and the 7th seed. As of now- we would be playing Illinois in Chicago for our 20th win. No easy task.

Let's get to 10-10. I know it doesn't work this way but it sure seems like the Big Ten deserves 8 teams this year, as rough as it is top to bottom.

Looking at the standings- there is really no way that any team beyond 8th place is going to make the tournament. The overall records of teams below are just too bad. I guess Nebraska winning out or all but one would be about it. So that is very likely going to put us in the top 8 even if we finish 9-11. I could definitely see a scenario where both us and OSU are 9-11 tied for 7th. I would assume their win over us would give them the edge and the 7th seed. As of now- we would be playing Illinois in Chicago for our 20th win. No easy task.

Let's get to 10-10. I know it doesn't work this way but it sure seems like the Big Ten deserves 8 teams this year, as rough as it is top to bottom.
There's a decent chance Illinois finishes 10-10 and has a better seed than us in the BTT.

There's a decent chance Illinois finishes 10-10 and has a better seed than us in the BTT.

It wouldn't matter for their chances for the NCAAs, but the seed, yes. They are 10-15 overall. If they got to 10-10 they would be 14-17. Not good enough for the NCAAs but good enough for a better seed. In which case- if we were the 9 seed and they were 7 we would play OSU. I do note your point on their schedule- it is very favorable for them.

Last edited:

It wouldn't matter for their chances for the NCAAs, but the seed, yes. They are 10-15 overall. If they got to 10-10 they would be 14-17. Not good enough for the NCAAs but good enough for a better seed. In which case- if we were the 9 seed and they were 7 we would play OSU. I do note your point on their schedule- it is very favorable for them.
Yeah, it was more of an interesting observation than anything.

As of right now, all I know is Indiana fans are arrogant and spoiled. Always have been and always will be.

The Gophers kicked their collective asses all the way back to Bloomington. I hope as many fans of their's as possible were watching.

3 will do it. Because we will have to beat Michigan, Purdue or Maryland to get to 3.

I would tend to agree, 2 might even do it but I wouldn't count on it.

To be worthy of the Big Dance I would really like to beat one of the 3 ranked teams in our last 5 games. Let win 21 be in the BTT. When we shoot well we can beat the good teams.

Top Bottom