Maxwell Janes...not rowing with the team anymore

Why is PJ issuing statements on this? I thought it was team policy not to do so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing we have Spoofy to post all the unhappy thoughts

I did pursue them but there "wasn't enough evidence" aka all of the witnesses where football players. I didn't pursue the order because when I got to the court house I wasn't being represented by anyone and he had Lee Hutton, for my family and my own wellbeing, and mental health we did a verbal agreement as I didn't have representation, and my family doesn't have the money to go up against the University of Minnesota Athletic department. I tried contacting coach fleck but no one would let me get to him, none of the assistants cared.

The reason I'm posting it on here is to have a different viewpoint for others to consider of what happened, whether they want to believe it or not, and to get it off of my chest as it personally has been a large burden.

Uh, nothing prevented you from hiring a lawyer. Not hiring a lawyer was a mistake. Emergency OFPs are granted solely based on accusations, no proof required. At the hearing, where proof is required, the bogus claims get dropped.

Also, pro-tip, fees are waived by the court for the petitioners in OFP cases

It's interesting to read the back and forth. I think Gopher007 is either the actual roommate, another roommate, or a very close friend of the roommate...regardless it sounds like he's most likely speaking truthfully. This type of thing with Janes, Brooks and who knows who else happens in every college football campus all over the country. With the dollars gained and lost on wins and losses you better believe that the coaches and administration do everything they can to protect themselves by protecting the players. Those of you that believe otherwise are being naive. Now, you have to decide if your ok with that or not.

I know I had the pleasure of watching one of favorites of all time...a running back, drunkenly drive his scooter and try to sneak through a back door of a club in downtown Minneapolis while I was doing a ride along with my buddy who is a Minneapolis police officer. He was doing the same crap we all did as kids. My buddy had no clue who he was (doesn't watch football) and when he asked for his I.D. Mr. NFL running back was not very nice. Another officer from another squad cuffed him and he struggled and they threatened to taze him. Out came the "you know who I am" which they didn't but I of course did. They stuffed him in a squad and my buddy told him to calm down and he wouldn't give him a dwi and make him spend the night in detox. He did calm down. My buddy said that a campus police officer was going to pick him up and that's what happened when U athletes misbehaved downtown. Nothing ever appeared in the paper or a mention of team discipline anywhere. College kid being a college kid? You decide. Granted he never punched or assulted anyone so I didn't think it was a huge deal (other than him driving his scooter while underage and having too many). I think the downtown officers did him a solid by only giving him disorderly conduct and public intoxication and that's it. My buddy said that for most of the kids...athletes, college kids, kids from the burbs they did lesser offenses as long as they listened and were respectful.

Why is PJ issuing statements on this? I thought it was team policy not to do so?

Don't make statements about people currently on the team.
Guy is kicked off the team.
Statements can be made.

Don't make statements about people currently on the team.
Guy is kicked off the team.
Statements can be made.

Oh, I never heard that part of the rule. Now I know.

Guarantee if 007 was posting happy thoughts no one would doubt his identity.

No clue if he is who he says he is, but for anyone paying attention the inconsistencies in enforcing The Culture has already been proven.

Yep,

The backlash he is receiving is amusing yet troubling.

Yep,

The backlash he is receiving is amusing yet troubling.

It seems he's upset that Brooks didn't receive the same punishment that Janes did. I'd point out there's a teeny-tiny difference between a scuffle with a roommate and breaking into a post office and punching a cop in the face.

gopherfan007: How did you end up living with these people you can't stand? And are you still living with them?

I explained earlier, him and his cousin got evicted and he was going down the wrong road, so being apart of the program I took him thinking we're all family.

Uh, nothing prevented you from hiring a lawyer. Not hiring a lawyer was a mistake. Emergency OFPs are granted solely based on accusations, no proof required. At the hearing, where proof is required, the bogus claims get dropped.

Also, pro-tip, fees are waived by the court for the petitioners in OFP cases

Right there I said that my family doesn't have the money to hire a lawyer and going into it didn't know he should have had one. We don't have the time, and resources to go against the power of the UMN.

It seems he's upset that Brooks didn't receive the same punishment that Janes did. I'd point out there's a teeny-tiny difference between a scuffle with a roommate and breaking into a post office and punching a cop in the face.

I totally understand the difference, I think it's more of the fact how it was handled with Coach Fleck, no one on the football team contacted me in anyway, as I would love to explain and show THEM evidence after living with him from ~july- August of this past year.

My biggest thing is Fleck always talks about the culture and FAMILY and **** like that, and that's why I brought him in, as a Christian man seeing another person struggling I embraced his culture, and Shannon took advantage of it. When **** hit the fan the football team did everything to cover up what happened.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...e-s-the-jail-roster&p=1612741&highlight=#post

This sure as hell looks like you did come out with the story right away.

Reasons why I didn't originally talk more is because I wasn't in the best place mentally to put up with the backlash and was still dealing with that stuff while meeting with Hennepin County and the office of community standards at the U, as well as our landlord while looking for new places to live.

What you’re saying now is hearsay with no evidence. The fact that you’re choosing to post this on gopherhole.com shows me you don’t take seriously getting your side of the story out there. Not sure any reputable papers would print it either, but that’d be where I’d start if I actually cared.

I totally understand the difference, I think it's more of the fact how it was handled with Coach Fleck, no one on the football team contacted me in anyway, as I would love to explain and show THEM evidence after living with him from ~july- August of this past year.

My biggest thing is Fleck always talks about the culture and FAMILY and **** like that, and that's why I brought him in, as a Christian man seeing another person struggling I embraced his culture, and Shannon took advantage of it. When **** hit the fan the football team did everything to cover up what happened.

You only lived with him in july and august?

What you’re saying now is hearsay with no evidence. The fact that you’re choosing to post this on gopherhole.com shows me you don’t take seriously getting your side of the story out there. Not sure any reputable papers would print it either, but that’d be where I’d start if I actually cared.

That's what you would do but try to put yourself in someone's shoes that had to go through something like that. The day after I had the StarTribune calling me and asking to talk with me and here my side, which in any assault case is ridiculous, saying that they also published my name, and major in the paper. I've never seen any newspaper or news source publish private information about an alleged victim of any assault. The reason for posting was trying to show the inconestancies of the culture, you can believe in whatever you want, I've seen from the inside how skewed the system is in the treatment of "star-players" and how they get away with stuff all the time. I've tried brining it up to the athletic department but no one wanted to hear it and kept trying to cover more things up.

Who needs to be targeted by the EOAA when you have recruits from Knuckleheads R Us? I'm just glad the consequences were well defined, if obvious.

This kind of stuff makes me think sports teams might benefit from annual CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy) testing of players.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Who needs to be targeted by the EOAA when you have recruits from Knuckleheads R Us? I'm just glad the consequences were well defined, if obvious.

This kind of stuff makes me think sports teams might benefit from annual CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy) testing of players.

It’s nice to think otherwise but many seem to underestimate the incidence of mental health disorders, addictions, and sociopathic behavior in their fellow man (and woman). Nothing to do with CTE in the virtually every case.

It’s nice to think otherwise but many seem to underestimate the incidence of mental health disorders, addictions, and sociopathic behavior in their fellow man (and woman). Nothing to do with CTE in the virtually every case.
Some of the earliest indicators of CTE can be addictions or sociopathic behavior. It would be helpful to the athletes, so they might end up facing the right circumstances rather than floundering about post athletics.

Some of the earliest indicators of CTE can be addictions or sociopathic behavior. It would be helpful to the athletes, so they might end up facing the right circumstances rather than floundering about post athletics.

You’re going to have prove to me the rate of sociopathic behavior is higher in former football players. Opioid use is predictably present in some for obvious reasons of prior exposure to the medicines and/or chronic pain, not CTE. These conditions are not unique to football players.

I guess he can row his boat behind bars.

It seems he's upset that Brooks didn't receive the same punishment that Janes did. <b>I'd point out there's a teeny-tiny difference between a scuffle with a roommate and breaking into a post office and punching a cop in the face.</b>

And yet similarities of being arrested for assault and being arrested for assault.

And yet similarities of being arrested for assault and being arrested for assault.

I would argue there is at least some difference in magnitude and seriousness of a fight between peers when we don’t know the circumstances and possible precipitating factors, and striking a law enforcement officer which was most likely captured on video. At this point they really aren’t the same.

I would argue there is at least some difference in magnitude and seriousness of a fight between peers when we don’t know the circumstances and possible precipitating factors, and striking a law enforcement officer which was most likely captured on video. At this point they really aren’t the same.

That would be a logical stance for someone not on a crusade.

You seem to know more than the 61 physicians and neuroscience researchers that signed this letter calling for dialing back the ridiculous rhetoric and reporting on CTE. We don’t know much about CTE in former athletes yet. I seriously doubt CTE was a factor in this young players episode and I’m willing to eat crow, humble pie, and other organic material if I’m wrong.

https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S1474-4422(19)30020-1

Well, maybe we will get more details about what went down in Brooks’ situation after his playing days are over here. Apparently the rule of the team not commenting on these things goes away at that point.

At this juncture I would have to agree with you that they are different in magnitude. One kid was kicked off the team basically immediately and then held up as an example in public whereas the other kid received no punishment and was never publicly discussed. Had to be very different.

Agree. While it has gotten better, mental health issues/illness have historically been misunderstood and chronically under diagnosed and treated.

Top Bottom