Maxwell Janes...not rowing with the team anymore

More of trying to get my story out for people to understand the differences of accountability for the players, I never demanded for people to believe me at face value, I would love to talk to anyone more in depth about everything and things I've noticed after working for the team for about a year and a half.

I can think of someone that would be very, very interested from very credible newspaper organization.

It is completely understandable to be in the camp that this might be BS and in Internet land there is no way to verify so maybe we should just let this be.

The camp that makes you sad is the predictable list of posters that seems to believe this is the roommate and yet still showed up to try and tough guy 007 because he said something bad about a college football player and coach they like. Sad.

If I'm on your list - and God, I hope I am - this has nothing to do with a football coach or player. Some dude is coming onto a thread about a Gopher player punching a cop in the face along with a few other crimes and tries to hijack it and compare it to getting punched in the face once in a college roommate altercation. Then, he tries to play a religious angle (I'm just a good Christian boy) and also add in that "these guys were doing drugs too". Who freaking cares if they're doing drugs? News flash: LOTS of college kids (including athletes) do drugs in college. Hopefully they're experimenting with more than weed. Expanding your mind is good for you. Whether somebody experiments with drugs or likes to party has nothing to do with their character (or this specific altercation in question). But it's good to know Shannon Brooks lived with Nancy Reagan's ghost.

The whole thing just reeks of a WEAK attempt at a character assassination.

Go ahead fellas, grab some meth, it'll do you good.

Wow.

Yeah, cause meth is the only drug. Haha. Way to be extreme.

Do some research, guy. There are reasons the government is slowly starting to make a number of drugs legal for therapeutic purposes. Marijuana (not even really a drug anymore, but more of a natural supplement), mushrooms, LSD, MDMA, ketamine. All found to have very positive effects for people with depression, anxiety, chronic pain, terminal illness.

But of course you bring up a ridiculous example like meth.

Do some research, guy. There are reasons the government is slowly starting to make a number of drugs legal for therapeutic purposes. Marijuana (not even really a drug anymore, but more of a natural supplement), mushrooms, LSD, MDMA, ketamine. All found to have very positive effects for people with depression, anxiety, chronic pain, terminal illness.

Marijuana can be legal coast-to-coast. Until the NCAA removes it from the banned substances list, its legality is irrelevant. One failed NCAA-administered drug test costs an athlete a year of eligibility. But you support the ridiculous notion that Gopher football players should be using banned substances on a regular basis.

Marijuana can be legal coast-to-coast. Until the NCAA removes it from the banned substances list, its legality is irrelevant. One failed NCAA-administered drug test costs an athlete a year of eligibility. But you support the ridiculous notion that Gopher football players should be using banned substances on a regular basis.

I support that they should live their lives how they choose, but more importantly, that someone's decisions to experiment with drugs should not be piled on in an attempt at a character assassination. That's really the specific point here.

I support that they should live their lives how they choose, but more importantly, that someone's decisions to experiment with drugs should not be piled on in an attempt at a character assassination. That's really the specific point here.

So you're saying they should go against the many contracts they signed with the NCAA to use and try many drugs? Makes sense. That wouldn't last 1 minutes with PJ Fleck tbh, he has many drug test throughout the year outside of the NCAA mandated ones as well as he sits on the NCAA committee for banned substances I beleive, he's very against it with his "supposed" Christian morals which he "holds on to everyday"

So you're saying they should go against the many contracts they signed with the NCAA to use and try many drugs? Makes sense. That wouldn't last 1 minutes with PJ Fleck tbh, he has many drug test throughout the year outside of the NCAA mandated ones as well as he sits on the NCAA committee for banned substances I beleive, he's very against it with his "supposed" Christian morals which he "holds on to everyday"

Do you think students should also not drink til theyre 21??

But to answer your question...if they choose to do drugs, that has zero relevance to whether they are a good person.

Do some research, guy. There are reasons the government is slowly starting to make a number of drugs legal for therapeutic purposes. Marijuana, not even really a drug anymore, but more of a natural supplement), mushrooms, LSD, MDMA, ketamine. All found to have very positive effects for people with depression, anxiety, chronic pain, terminal illness.

I’m pretty sure they have purified, qualified, quantified substances in mind, not something cooked up in someone’s garage.

Fascinating. I would argue it seems to have had some drug-like effects.

Totally understand where you're coming from, but I think I have every right to get like that when people jump to conclusions and don't believe me after I'm the one that had to endure it especially I saw what a lot of people on the forum were mocking me and making fun of me when the story was published and my private information was leaked. Granted the assult itself wasn't like super terrible where my face was beaten to a pulp. One punch to the face to break the glasses and multiple threats of destroying all of my ****, taking my phone saying that there's no way I can call for help and there's no cameras in here to show what I'm going to do to you. Then threatening to have his " people come shoot and kill me" If i somehow call the cops... I don't take threats to my life very lightly so that's why I did what I did. No i'm not wanting to play the victim at all, just want the story to be out and show the difference between accountability, and how much the UMN can get away with things. I hope people realize how corrupt D1 athletics is and how fake coach fleck is.

Shannon Brooks punched you in the face (hard enough to break your glasses), yet it was reported that there were no injuries? Was it a punch or a slap? A good solid punch from him should do some damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Do you think students should also not drink til theyre 21??

But to answer your question...if they choose to do drugs, that has zero relevance to whether they are a good person.

never said that at all but alright. Doing drugs is on a whole different level and unregulated.

Until it is legal, it is illegal. It is as simple as that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Shannon Brooks punched you in the face, yet it was reported that there were no injuries? Was it a punch or a slap? Because, a good solid punch from him should do some damage.

there was no bruising, he must have barely caught my face as my glasses went flying, tbh it was all a blur. All I remember was him getting in my face threatening my life , somehow hitting me, and 3 guys restraining him back as he kept the threats coming while not giving me my phone back as I tried to leave the situation.

there was no bruising, he must have barely caught my face as my glasses went flying, tbh it was all a blur. All I remember was him getting in my face threatening my life , somehow hitting me, and 3 guys restraining him back as he kept the threats coming while not giving me my phone back as I tried to leave the situation.

OK. So, it could have been more of a slap, since it was “all a blur.” I’m trying to imagine a punch from someone of his size and strength causing glasses to break and fly off your face...all without causing any bruising.

Were both of you intoxicated?

What did you do to Shannon?

JB what did I do? I took him and his bum ass cousin in as they got evicted, tried to help with academics and finances as he never had any money/ would spend very stupidly and be broke.. lol

OK. So, it could have been more of a slap, since it was “all a blur.” I’m trying to imagine a punch from someone of his size and strength causing glasses to break and fly off your face...all without causing any bruising.

Were both of you intoxicated?

Yes, I was out with friends and got a text from his "gf" saying they were having a party, yes it doesn't sound bad but the week before we got threatened with eviction if we didn't make rules for all of us to follow as he threw a party that he couldn't control and large windows in the townhome got shattered. Some of the rules were no parties, no one over after midnight that isn't a significant other, limits on drinking and no smoking. Not going to go into detail about it but he wasn't following rules so I called him out, it was ~2 am and there was 13 people there, things escalated quickly as he can't control himself when he drinks.

It’s nice to think otherwise but many seem to underestimate the incidence of mental health disorders, addictions, and sociopathic behavior in their fellow man (and woman). Nothing to do with CTE in the virtually every case.

Interesting. I was wondering/ thinking that mental health issues might have been a factor here. I am referring to the player originally discussed. Not Brooks.

Interesting. I was wondering/ thinking that mental health issues might have been a factor here. I am referring to the player originally discussed. Not Brooks.

Very much could have been, would be interesting to find out the amount of players that currently have CTE, after working for the team it kinda makes me wonder for a few of them, as they would always joke about ," oh just gonna go get more CTE today", so ****ed up.. Or trying to mask concussions..

Thanks for sharing your story 007. I'm pretty convinced you are who you say you are, if you arent, you are a complete jerk.

You are receiving a lot of negativity and hate in this thread, and you are handling it very well.

Phil Fleck quote regarding Shannon Brooks after his arrest:

“What I will say is that I’m concerned for him. Any time one of your players is just — a young man is in jail — you’re concerned for him.”

The young man who was just in jail was immediately removed from the team. Definitely without the same concern.

If I'm on your list - and God, I hope I am - this has nothing to do with a football coach or player. Some dude is coming onto a thread about a Gopher player punching a cop in the face along with a few other crimes and tries to hijack it and compare it to getting punched in the face once in a college roommate altercation. Then, he tries to play a religious angle (I'm just a good Christian boy) and also add in that "these guys were doing drugs too". Who freaking cares if they're doing drugs? News flash: LOTS of college kids (including athletes) do drugs in college. Hopefully they're experimenting with more than weed. Expanding your mind is good for you. Whether somebody experiments with drugs or likes to party has nothing to do with their character (or this specific altercation in question). But it's good to know Shannon Brooks lived with Nancy Reagan's ghost.

The whole thing just reeks of a WEAK attempt at a character assassination.

Were you like this before you expanded your mind?

“What I will say is that I’m concerned for him. Any time one of your players is just — a young man is in jail — you’re concerned for him.”

The young man who was just in jail was immediately removed from the team. Definitely without the same concern.

How do you know the same concern wasn't shared? Its possible to kick a player off the team, and still be concerned. Two different situations may call for two different kinds of punishment. It doesnt mean you aren't concerned for the player involved in each separate incident.

You’re going to have prove to me the rate of sociopathic behavior is higher in former football players. Opioid use is predictably present in some for obvious reasons of prior exposure to the medicines and/or chronic pain, not CTE. These conditions are not unique to football players.
Opioid use is present because of self-medication of symptoms.

Sociopathic behavior may or may not be higher, but it can be more evident.

The whole mental health vs CTE issue does not disqualify one or the other as being of lesser importance. CTE is damage to the physical structures in the brain, the neurological and biochemical pathways. Mental health is currently viewed as recurring behaviors and thoughts that are harmful or limiting to the patient.

Think of it as not being able to stand on your leg. That is a recurring limiting situation. The reason you can't stand on your leg could be one of several physical reasons from a broken bone or torn ligaments to amputation.
Mental health is the ability to use your cognitive skills and CTE may have created physical reasons that prevent your biochemical or neurological processes from engaging your cognitive skills.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Charges matter. I'm pretty sure if Shannon was staring at felony charges for assaulting a peace officer, he would no longer be listed on the active roster.

JB what did I do? I took him and his bum ass cousin in as they got evicted, tried to help with academics and finances as he never had any money/ would spend very stupidly and be broke.. lol

Any chance Shannon felt threatened by you, since you’re 007 and licensed to kill?

Oh, I never heard that part of the rule. Now I know.

It changes. Don’t get too comfortable with your understanding.

Top Bottom