Felony Charges

Local PWO from Mounds View. I think he got some game action this past season. TE was a weird position all year for our offense.

I wish him best of luck. Hope this is an eye opener for him. And if he wants to keep playing, hope he can transfer somewhere else and have a good career.

Local PWO from Mounds View. I think he got some game action this past season. TE was a weird position all year for our offense.

I wish him best of luck. Hope this is an eye opener for him. And if he wants to keep playing, hope he can transfer somewhere else and have a good career.

He played a good amount on special teams this past year. But I think we have some solid TEs on the roster. Probably hurts the optics of the program, but it probably won't have that big of an effect on the field

I could easily see it being a freak thing. Go out drinking downtown. There are cops swarming that area at bar close, thisnis known. People get up to no good down there at those hours.

Maybe something happens. Maybe a scuffle breaks out. Cop runs over, maybe in his aggression he shoves he officer away. Boom. 20 officers on you in a second. Pinned to the ground, handcuffed, in the back of a wagon. Just like that, your Gopher career is done.

Janes had an offer from Air Force and a few FCS offers out of HS. Was a nice get for a PWO. Oh well.

I was nervous it'd be a starter when I started reading this thread.

"Last Chance U" here he comes.....

look - take any group of 120 college-age men, and statistically, I would guess the odds are fairly high that at least one of them will be involved in some kind of an incident in a given year. this incident is no reflection on the Gopher FB program.

having said that, the law is funny. had a local case recently where a guy got caught breaking into cars that were parked at local businesses. From the charges, found out that possession of burglary tools is a felony, but stealing a woman's purse from the car - after breaking into the car - is a gross misdemeanor. You would think the opposite would be true, but the law says that possession of burglary tools is a greater offense than the actual theft.

and the term "gross misdemeanor" strikes me as funny. man, that misdemeanor was gross, dude.

I could easily see it being a freak thing. Go out drinking downtown. There are cops swarming that area at bar close, thisnis known. People get up to no good down there at those hours.

Maybe something happens. Maybe a scuffle breaks out. Cop runs over, maybe in his aggression he shoves he officer away. Boom. 20 officers on you in a second. Pinned to the ground, handcuffed, in the back of a wagon. Just like that, your Gopher career is done.

Possible. He's charged with 4th degree assault of a police officer. It doesn't mean he's guilty though. See: https://www.northstarcriminaldefense.com/fourth-degree-assault-level-harm/ for an explanation of this type of charge.

If drinking----then underage. (of course who hasn't done that?)

If this was that sort of thing he probably will get it dropped down to a misdemeanor or less. Hopefully it was something that innocuous. I don't know what bail usually is for something like this, but $20,000 bail sounds to me like it was fairly serious, but again that could just be SOP.

If drinking----then underage. (of course who hasn't done that?)

I'd wager that's what started all of it. Probably did something to draw attention of police, knew he was in trouble for being a minor, then pushed/shoved an officer trying to flee the situation.

Possible. He's charged with 4th degree assault of a police officer. It doesn't mean he's guilty though. See: https://www.northstarcriminaldefense.com/fourth-degree-assault-level-harm/ for an explanation of this type of charge.

Great find and thanks for the link. Not good though! From a legal standpoint he could maybe plead it down to a disorderly (of the fighting and brawling kind that is a misdemeanor) if there is no demonstrable bodily harm to the officer, but if there is I'm assuming he will eat a gross misdemeanor assault charge. I think that is an accurate outlook but someone feel free to critique.

I wonder if there will be body cam footage.

What am I missing? 4 degree assault is a misdemeanor. Felony assault usually involves a weapon or severe assault that results in a severe permanent in jury of some sort.

What am I missing? 4 degree assault is a misdemeanor. Felony assault usually involves a weapon or severe assault that results in a severe permanent in jury of some sort.
Did you read the link I posted above? It explains the criteria to be a felony.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

I blame Claeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And maybe not. Would assume this is all a fantastically sarcastic post, but can't given the poster. Breaking and entering federal property and punching a cop in the face is about as far from the yarn you've woven as you can get.

I posted that before the actual story came out.

Agree the guess I made in what happened was well off what actually happened.

Top Bottom