I still support Pitino!

alchemy2u

Reaction score
I still support Pitino and think he is the right coach for our program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good for you! I think he will be a good to great coach somewhere. I hope it works out for him here! Let's go Gophers!!! Just win some big games and see what happens. If we win 2 in a row Ewert PC will vanish :)

Good for you! I think he will be a good to great coach somewhere. I hope it works out for him here! Let's go Gophers!!! Just win some big games and see what happens. If we win 2 in a row Ewert PC will vanish :)

Until they lose two in a row. There is still a lot to be decided this year for the Gophers. If they win 3 of their final 6 and one in the B1G tournament, I think they make the tournament.

Me too, alchemy.

We brought him in KNOWING he was young. KNOWING he'd have to learn. KNOWING he'd have to go through trial and error. And he's doing it well. He doesn't make the same mistakes twice, and shows every sign that he is growing into a coach that can lead a team for decades. We need to look at his component qualities and skills - not simple win/loss. Not for a guy we KNEW had to grow into the job a bit.

I just don't see the sense in seasoning Pitino and then letting him go - at which time he'll go be successful somewhere else. Sit your @sses tight. He's going to be great.

Pitino, I'm in your corner. (I'm sure you'll sleep better knowing that.)

Still sending my checks, still going to games, still believing in this team but very curious as to what do people think he is doing well. Instead of constantly finding negatives what are his strengths or as one said his component qualities and skills ? Hard to look past terrible defensive rankings and wins and losses but i will start. He has good energy for the job, he loves his children. He was willing to upgrade his staff, he recruits hard.

Same. Want to meet at an undisclosed location before Saturday’s game to hold a rally?

Still sending my checks, still going to games, still believing in this team but very curious as to what do people think he is doing well. Instead of constantly finding negatives what are his strengths or as one said his component qualities and skills ? Hard to look past terrible defensive rankings and wins and losses but i will start. He has good energy for the job, he loves his children. He was willing to upgrade his staff, he recruits hard.

Save for the Michigan State game, they are playing hard. He and the staff are definitely developing Oturu. In all but the MSU game they are a few plays away. Their defense is getting better- they had a brief stretch of getting beat by drives and mostly cleaned that up in last night's game.

He comes across to me as the everyday guy. He seems to be approachable, which I cant say about many college coaches. Maybe part of it is his stature, but when I see Pitino going up against these other coaches it almost comes across to me as a David vss. Goliath thing and I have to smile when David pulls it off. Still, gotta recruit and gotta win.

I want him to succeed and agree that he seems to be a good guy. I have been frustrated with his recruiting and honestly expected more in his 6th year.

Me too, alchemy.

We brought him in KNOWING he was young. KNOWING he'd have to learn. KNOWING he'd have to go through trial and error. And he's doing it well. He doesn't make the same mistakes twice, and shows every sign that he is growing into a coach that can lead a team for decades. We need to look at his component qualities and skills - not simple win/loss. Not for a guy we KNEW had to grow into the job a bit.

I just don't see the sense in seasoning Pitino and then letting him go - at which time he'll go be successful somewhere else. Sit your @sses tight. He's going to be great.

Based on this post might as well give Pitino a lifetime contract.

At some point maybe someday hopefully he will be great!

Also playing hard save Michigan St.? Must have missed Boston College, Ohio St, and Illinois road games.

And the defense getting better? Nebraska made 13 layups and shot 50%. If that is an improvement they must have been really bad defensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Also playing hard save Michigan St.? Must have missed Boston College, Ohio St, and Illinois road games.

And the defense getting better? Nebraska made 13 layups and shot 50%. If that is an improvement they must have been really bad defensively.

Yes sch12....we get you want him fired.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Me too, alchemy.

I want the Gophers to succeed and by extension Pitino, but I don't remember when Pitino was brought in anybody saying that this would be a training job for Pitino. If he wanted to apprentice and not be judged by wins and losses he should have spent more time being an assistant for his dad or Billy Donovan. When you are the head coach of a power 5 program, wins and losses absolutely matter. From your opening tip they do. We got paying customers, a band, and uniforms and everything, the wins and losses count.

I still support Pitino and think he is the right coach for our program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm with you. Tough breaks this year and last year. I'm hoping for great things the next couple years.

Not me. He’s too slow of a learner. Six is enough. FIU was the place for coach

I get tired of these takes. Isn’t it possible for other teams to play well in spite of decent defense? That was my view of the Nebraska game, anyway. Their two players were playing out of their minds and making tough shots. It is not always bad defense, especially in this conference. There are no truly bad teams.

I get tired of these takes. Isn’t it possible for other teams to play well in spite of decent defense? That was my view of the Nebraska game, anyway. Their two players were playing out of their minds and making tough shots. It is not always bad defense, especially in this conference. There are no truly bad teams.

I have no problem with the defense last night. Sometimes the offense wins by making a great shot. It is the sum total of 6 years that bugs me.

I get tired of these takes. Isn’t it possible for other teams to play well in spite of decent defense?

You get tired of the truth?

Of course teams can have nights where they do not miss shots. That’s not the issue. The issue is the Gophers are a bad defensive team. Nebraska was not playing out of their minds and making a bunch of contested shots.

I get people want to support a Pitino. You can support the coach and still be honest about what is going on. There is no need to make up an alternative reality to fit your narrative.

I lost my cool last night but of course still support Coach Pitino. I really hope it works out. Its a great group of guys that is due for a couple good breaks.
Crazier things have happened.

I lost my cool last night but of course still support Coach Pitino.

Are you saying that because you really feel that way or just to be socially acceptable? Because, if it's the latter, that's really a pussy thing to do.

Not me. He’s too slow of a learner. Six is enough. FIU was the place for coach
Hear! Hear!

I hope we get a new coach next year so Amir can see what another coaching approach is like before he runs out of eligibility.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am sure Tim Miles would come back to Mn and would be incredible at recruiting within MN

I support the coach with an "M" on their contract.

Please don't say we had good defense against Nebraska, unless you mean "good matador defense". Problem was Gopher weren't stabbing them as they drove by for the easy layup.

Me too, alchemy.

this is just a bad take IMO
-we did not hire him with the notion that it would take him 6 years to get this program going....and yet here we are sitting in year 6 as a fringe NCAA tourney team
-we did not hire him expecting that his big ten record would be in the same neighborhood as Penn State & Rutgers.
-we did not hire him with the notion that his 7th year would be a step back from his 6th year....and unless you have your marron & gold shaded beer goggles on you cant tell me that next years team is going to be better than this years team at this point...we are chasing recruits that are 2 & low 3 stars to fill a large void that we have at the 4/5 positions.....we basically have the same team minus our best player but we gain a PG.....

now lets get on a dang roll here to finish the season....make a run in the big ten tourney....get a dang win or 2 in the tourney...get some momentum going for spring recruits & grad transfers....and lets get this train rolling!

but again you cannot tell me that we hired this guy with the notion that we would have 1 NCAA tourney appearance in his 1st 6 years....

Top Bottom