Gophers by 15 to 20 points vs. Indiana

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Book it.

Somebody's going to pay, and the Gophers are due to pummel someone.

Saturday's gonna' be a feel-good day at Williams Arena.

Dead serious.

Book it.

Dead serious.

Man, I dunno. We’ve been expected to lose these last 4 games by basically as much as we’ve lost by other than MSU being worse than it was. So I’m not sure we’re good enough to run up the score against Indiana just because we’re mad.

Not out of the question but it’s not like we’re MSU coming off a losing streak and a sleeping giant awoken.

Man, I dunno. We’ve been expected to lose these last 4 games by basically as much as we’ve lost by other than MSU being worse than it was. So I’m not sure we’re good enough to run up the score ahaint Indiana just because we’re mad.

Sometimes it's just time. And once the Gophers get way up, for once they'll keep foot on the throat. They need to be on the right side of an a*s whooping for once, and I think Saturday is that day.

Bring it to us JT. ...

"I got this feeling, inside my bones. ..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru0K8uYEZWw

As much as I want this to happen, we don't match up well with IU. Morgan terrorizes us and gives Murphy fits. Need Morgan in early foul trouble. Romeo and the rest of IU will probably break out of their shooting slumps just like NE did against us (seems like every team uses us to right their own ship).

I sure hope you're right. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of this team.

I'll be at the game Saturday, in the same seats, with the same treats (diet coke and popcorn) as every other home game this year. And you know what, I'll do it next year and the year after and forever ideally.

NEED THIS WIN.

I sure hope you're right. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of this team.

I'll be at the game Saturday, in the same seats, with the same treats (diet coke and popcorn) as every other home game this year. And you know what, I'll do it next year and the year after and forever ideally.

NEED THIS WIN.

Out of curiosity, whatever happened to not renewing your season tickets like you claimed?

They will revert to giving it to Murphy to be double and triple teamed and it will end up close at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, whatever happened to not renewing your season tickets like you claimed?

I forgot about that. Was it because Hurt started? Something stupid like that I'm sure. Was pretty mad about something. And I think I had a caveat about Pitino remaining the coach? Honestly do not remember what I was mad about. Probably more angry at this season than any other season I can remember. Maybe its the realization that our coach is on the hot seat, recruiting is bad and we've had some difficult losses (@ Michigan, @ Purdue, @ Illinois, wisconsin, @ Nebraska to name a handful)

This was our second year with season tickets. I'm not entirely sure that we will renew (depends on where we move, work stuff, etc) but I'll still go to games. Problem with not having season tickets is you spend a lot to go to games you want to attend. Like, Saturday's cheapest lower level seats with backs are like $80/ticket on the gophers website (and its mostly sold out) and over $100 on stubhub. Ours are like $40 each and includes money going directly to the school. If the Gophers ever got good it would be costly to attend 5-7 games per year.

Book it.

Dead serious.

THANK YOU! I needed that post. This is supposed to be fun!! :)

NEED THIS WIN.

Stull will be gone. :) IIRC you were done if Stull started...?

Book it.

Dead serious.

I hope you’re right SS, Saturday afternoons at the Barn can be magic.

Stull will be gone. :) IIRC you were done if Stull started...?

Oh yeah. Stull, not Hurt. Basically interchangeable in my mind. Only difference is one of them has a brother we want to play here :)

Do you (or others) think Saturday afternoons are the best game times? I don't remember many Friday night or Saturday night games. I really like Saturday afternoons. Just wondering what others think. Can start a new thread (poll?!?!?) if needed.

In the last decade Gophers are 7-2 vs. Hoosiers @ Williams Arena, including a streak of 6 straight at one point. I'm feeling that magic!

Book it.

Dead serious.
Hope you're right! Flying from Montana right now and will attend Saturday. My daughter's first game at the Barn

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

you know the season is getting out of hand when this team needs "magic", playing at home, against a bad Hoosiers team

Book it.

Dead serious.

Good news! Last Indiana at Minnesota game I attended was February 26, 2013 when the Gophers knocked off #1 IU. I will be in The Barn Saturday after driving up from Indiana. Would love to see the pummeling SelectionSunday is predicting!

Go Gophers!

Do you (or others) think Saturday afternoons are the best game times? I don't remember many Friday night or Saturday night games. I really like Saturday afternoons. Just wondering what others think. Can start a new thread (poll?!?!?) if needed.

Saturday night for sure. The Barn just had a different energy at night, probably has to do with people having time to pregame haha5i

Saturday night for sure. The Barn just had a different energy at night, probably has to do with people having time to pregame haha5i

I don't drink a lot before games but the Miami game last year...I was feeling the buzz and also buzzed.

you know the season is getting out of hand when this team needs "magic", playing at home, against a bad Hoosiers team

You know your life must not have much joy when you go out of your way to be negative in a thread filled with people just hoping to enjoy Saturday and the rest of the season.

Edit: I apologize to those in the thread for feeding the troll.

Last edited:

You don’t get it...

How about 106-56. :cool:

Beat me to it! I was just going to say how that 94' game may be my favorite game I've ever attended at The Barn. You just knew walking into the arena that day that the Gophers were going to put a whoopin' on the General.

The schedules have really changed over the years...the games used to be every Wednesday and every Saturday, but I guess that's been a few years ago ? Saturday afternoons are my favorite for basketball.

NEED THIS WIN.

I felt this post way too deep. I'm with you, UU43.

Top Bottom