How many Gopher athletics events do you attend per school year?

How many Gopher athletics events do you attend per school year?

• 0: Why attend when I can watch on TV?

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 1-10: I like to go but am selective, don't live the area or have limited time

Votes: 37 46.8%
  • 11-25: I spend a lot of time in Dinkytown

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • 26-40: My calendar looks busy because I have all Gopher events loaded into it

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 41-60: For what I spend in parking it would be cheaper to live at a frat house

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 61+: Superfan. My friends think I have issues. My significant other is a saint.

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Figured with things slowing down on the crootin' trail, we could get off-topic a bit.

This includes all events across all sports.

Feel free to comment your exact number, sports, etc. below.

Figured with things slowing down on the crootin' trail, we could get off-topic a bit.

This includes all events across all sports.

Feel free to comment your exact number, sports, etc. below.

All home Football games and an occasional road game: 7-8

Baseball: Last season 4 - Enjoyed watching the Gophers smack UCLA around.

Men's Basketball: 1 and done this year...

For me: all home volleyball matches (more or less), 5-6 home football games, all home mens basketball games, handful of womens basketball games, a few mens hockey games and then some baseball games, depending on schedule. Gets me around 50 events.

We try to get to some away games but it isn't always easy.

To be fair, we don't have kids and live 15-20 minutes from Dinkytown. Also, volleyball is the best value and it isn't very close.

Last edited:

Mens FB 8-9 per year, home games plus 1-2 away, plus spring game usually
Mens BB 1-4 per year
Mens Hockey 0-1 per year about one every other year

Used to have mens BB season tickets a long time ago, have had season football tickets 6 years now, fuzzy on whether it's 5 or 6 and too lazy to research.

Probably used to be close to 20, but with one kid in club volleyball and one in traveling soccer, it's hard to find time. Now we are probably in the 5-10 range. Usually a mix of football, mens/womens hockey, and volleyball.

I used to go to a lot more when my mom was alive. But now I spend most of my free time helping out my dad.

I usually make 3ish a year now that I live halfway across the country. (Homecoming FB game, 1 away FB game (non-wisconsin), wisconsin)

Football season tickets plus one road game, usually 1-2 basketball games, 0-1 hockey games... I’d love to get to baseball games, but haven’t made it happen yet.

Use to go to most if not all home FB games, but now with a son playing small college ball don't get to any and have gone to 1 BB game each year.
In two more years I hope to get back to going to most FB games...if they still have tickets available at that time :)

Every home FB game, always. 1 road FB game. 2-4 MBB. 0-2 WBB. 0-3 Men's Hockey. 0-2 "other". I clicked "11-25" and the actual number every year is closer to 11 than 25 for me.

Have FB ST's and try to get in one road game. One baseball game last year which was the first time. Hope to get to the IU hoops Saturday but haven't been to the Barn for years..

It's one of the things I miss the most about MN. I'm only able to attend a handful of games now.

40+. My wife and I have football, volleyball and softball season tickets. Go to a handful of hockey, basketball and baseball . Use to have mens BB and mens hockey until we got priced out.

Kind of big ranges.. I went with the 11-25 because on average I think i'm in the 12-14 range.

FB= 5-6 games, men's basketball= 3-4, women's basketball 8-9 and volleyball= 2-3.

Every home football game so there is 7 games. Going to the away game at Purdue this year and may make a trip for the Fresno game. About 2 hockey games a year, and 2 basketball games. Made it to 4 baseball games last year. I believe I will be making the trip to Seattle in March to watch them play Oregon St., San Diego, and Washington. Should be a fun time. Right around the 15 mark.

All home football games and at least one road football game per year (last year was Maryland). About 8 to 10 men's BB games and a couple of the lady Gopher BB games, one men's hockey game per year, plus a baseball game or 2.

40+. My wife and I have football, volleyball and softball season tickets. Go to a handful of hockey, basketball and baseball . Use to have mens BB and mens hockey until we got priced out.

Nice!

As student- all football, 6-8 basketball, 6-8 softball, 3-5 volleyball
Now - 2 football, 2 basketball still buying student tickets

Every home football game and one or more road games per season. Pre-Pitino at least one basketball game a year, but that expense has now been eliminated.

We've got season tickets for Football, Men's Hockey, Volleyball and Women's Basketball. Apparently that places me in the "having issues" category.

We've got season tickets for Football, Men's Hockey, Volleyball and Women's Basketball. Apparently that places me in the "having issues" category.
Impressive!

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Season Tix for football and softball. 1-2 road games a year for football and sometimes softball road games. Then we get to a handful of other games for different sports throughout the year.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Graduated 3 years ago. Virtually all home football games plus one or two road football games per season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I lived in the Twin Cities I was going to 26-40. Made it to 2 basketball games (Mount St. Mary's & @MSU) this year and 1 football game (@OSU). Next year looking like 2 football games (WIS & @NW) and 1 basketball game (@MI).

Last edited:

every year I say I'm going to get to more bball games and check out hockey, but never really do

I would've checked out womens volleyball this year, but my schedule never lined up well. But if they do get next year, I'll get back on the bandwagon

Only the people that are saying that have issues. Can’t have enough of the Gophers

Top Bottom