Should Amir Coffey been called for a foul on the last play?

Should Amir been called for a foul?

• No, Amir should not have been called for a foul

Votes: 66 77.6%
  • Yes, Amir should have been called for a foul

Votes: 19 22.4%

• Total voters
Am I misremembering or I thought there was an initiative this year to not call the foul when the offensive player jumps into the defensive player in situations like this? Maybe it's just in the NBA this year? I could of swore it was a point of emphasis.

Watching the previous shot neither McBrayer nor the ball appear to hit out of bounds. Oturu was out of bounds but I don't think he touches the ball then.

Never got a good replay look from under the basket. I agree with you. Game over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Watching the previous shot neither McBrayer nor the ball appear to hit out of bounds. Oturu was out of bounds but I don't think he touches the ball then.

I watched it over and over again and saw the same thing. The ref seemed to point at Oturu and the baseline, but it seemed like the ball clearly bounced in play and McBrayer grabbed the ball. The only thing I can think of is it glanced off of Oturu as it hit the floor.

It was not a foul and was a walk on the inbounds man. Yet, i hate complaining about officiating because mistakes get made and fans see what they want way to often. Plus it joins that loser talk of if, would have, could.

It was not a foul and was a walk on the inbounds man. Yet, i hate complaining about officiating because mistakes get made and fans see what they want way to often. Plus it joins that loser talk of if, would have, could.

There’s no such thing as a travel on an inbounds play. Players can shuffle feet as much as they want as long as they don’t leave the 3’ designated area.

Unless they changed the rules, you cannot move both feet on an inbounds play unless the ref signals for movement.

Unless they changed the rules, you cannot move both feet on an inbounds play unless the ref signals for movement.

9) A player inbounding the ball may step on, but not over the line. During a designated spot throw in, the player inbounding the ball must keep one foot on or over the three-foot wide designated spot. An inbounding player is allowed to jump or move one or both feet. A player inbounding the ball may move backward as far as the five-second time limit or space allows. If player moves outside the three-foot wide designated spot, it is a violation, not traveling. In gymnasiums with limited space outside the sidelines and endlines, a defensive player may be asked to step back no more than three feet. It is impossible to travel while out of bounds.

https://247sports.com/high-school/g...Most-Misunderstood-Basketball-Rules-53846784/

Granted, these appear to be high school rules, but I assume the NCAA follows the same rules.

There’s no such thing as a travel on an inbounds play. Players can shuffle feet as much as they want as long as they don’t leave the 3’ designated area.

My bad, for some reason i thought he moved outside the area and in reality was totally within the 3 foot rule.

Top Bottom