***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
The Gophers have lost 3 straight games, it's time for a slump buster. And here comes Nebraska who was once 11-2 and now sits 13-11. The Gophers absolutely have to find a way to win tonight. It doesn't have to be pretty or dominant or convincing. It just needs to be a win. A road win and an opportunity to string a few wins together. No better day than today to turn this Big Ten season around.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Gophers have not fared well in Lincoln under Coach Pitino, 0-4 by my count. But tonight, tonight is a different night. The sun is shining in Minneapolis and it will shine on the mighty Gophers. Pitino gets the "win @ Nebraska monkey" off his back and the Gophers head into Saturday's bout with the Hoosiers looking to for back to back wins for the first time since the end of January.

The Huskers are slipping and sliding down the rankings without Copeland. Glynn Watson seems to only play well against the Gophers. Rely on your starters, feed Oturu and let Murphy clean up the scraps. HIT SOME 3s and lets get out of Lincoln with a victory.

Gophers 68
Nebraska 57 (DO IT FOR THE NET!)

For weeks now people have been saying, just win the next one and get a streak going. Easier said than done, of course, and so far it's just been wishful thinking. Time for the team to make their push, their statement, and play as well as they're capable for an extended stretch. It needs to start tonight, or the hill just gets too steep.

4 more regular season wins is still the magic number in my opinion. Get to at least 10 wins and they're in no matter what they do in the BT tourney. This is one they need to have.

OK, boys, let's come out of the locker room ready to play tonight. The first eight minutes will be key, let's hit some shots and REBOUND and grab some loose balls. Don't give Nebraska's home crowd a chance to get into the game. Push the ball inside to Murphy and Oturu. Let's go!! We're better -- let's show it!

Las Vegas betting line... MN +4
o/u 136

Need Les to tell me who isn’t playing for Nebraska tonight. Between that and Stan, these threads give me life.

F these late starts I want Gopher basketball now!

Need Les to tell me who isn’t playing for Nebraska tonight. Between that and Stan, these threads give me life.

With apologies to to Les, let me start by saying that Cookie Belcher is not gonna suit up tonight. Neither will Tyron Lue or Eric Piatkowski. Dave Hoppen? Shavon Shields? No and no.
So let's get a win.

If we don’t win tonight, shut ‘er down. Seriously. Must win.

8pm games are the best for the working Dad! I can watch tape delayed at 8:30-9 after the kids are in bed and catch up near the end of the game.

I've got some late breaking news: it's been confirmed that Rich King, Eric Piatkowski, and Stu Lantz will not be suiting up tonite. And they definitely won't be instructed by Moe Iba.

Gophers shooting woes continue and they drop a close 68-64 contest. I detect an increase in warmth emitting from Richard's chair.

Who we playing tonight from the east?

No one. But games are at 6pm or 8pm. Gopher home games are at 8pm almost always. Same with when we play central time zone teams. And tonight with Northwestern being a home team, we could have been at 6pm but they hosted an eastern time zone team.

In the Gophers last win at Nebraska our two leading scorers were Chip Armelin (15 off the bench) and Julian Welch (10).

Gophers won 69-61. 40 bench points! Andre Hollins (8), Oto (4), Maverick Ahanmisi (7), aforementioned 15 from Chip and Chadron, Nebraska’s own Elliott Eliason added 6.

Coffey had a post-up against Watson and didn’t attack him. Why?

Good. They finally threw inside to Oturu. He didn't make the shot but Murphy had the put back. Nobody on their team right now is a match for Oturu.

Oturu needs to touch the ball every possession. He's becoming a beast!

Oturu needs to touch the ball every possession. He's becoming a beast!

Absolutely. If Wesson were in there it might be different but nobody on Nebraska can handle him.

Good. They finally threw inside to Oturu. He didn't make the shot but Murphy had the put back. Nobody on their team right now is a match for Oturu.
Where has this offense been all season?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Oturu is hitting the 10 foot jumper that Murphy should've added to his game two years ago. That little jumper in the lane can be just the shot to get in the middle of zones too.

I've got some late breaking news: it's been confirmed that Rich King, Eric Piatkowski, and Stu Lantz will not be suiting up tonite. And they definitely won't be instructed by Moe Iba.

Gophers shooting woes continue and they drop a close 68-64 contest. I detect an increase in warmth emitting from Richard's chair.

Pitino's got gas?

Oturu getting early looks. If he misses the best rebounder in the conference is there. That seems like good offense to me.

Need the guards to hit some shots now!

The offense looks to have more movement tonight and maybe part of it is Nebraska respecting our ability to shoot threes (did they not watch the tape).

Top Bottom