***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

c
Yup. That ref had a bad two second sequence

I think he blew both calls. But I’m gonna say we should still win that game and not let the refs have a chance to blow a call that loses it for us.

OK, but the refs also took the ball away from the Gophers on their last possession as well.

And those that want Pitino to be fired have had 6 years to come to that conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people want to continue to watch this schit. It's inexplicable, but there are no expectations here.

Exactly. This Nebraska team was ripe for a blowout. Instead you get up big early sub I junk and let off the gas. Gave them hope. That is a poor team you’ve lost to tonight. Simply put our team is not very good and they are not coached very well either

Definitely go with starters all 40 minutes. How stinking dumb can Pitino get?

Another question: Gophers go on huge run early in first half. Then RP decides Jarvis Omersa and Brock Stull (of all people) need some run on the court. clearly the lineup on the floor was overmatched and yet those guys are left out there. huge mistake to let that go and let nebraska get back into the game.

That substitution was clearly the turning point in the game. At the time, I thought WTF. Now I just shake my head. Pivotal game in the season, arguably a must win, and you grab Omersa when you got the Huskers on the run. SMH

Last edited:

Not sure how one call cost them the game, I had the displeasure of watching 20 minutes of very marginal basketball in the second half that had a much greater impact on the outcome.

Nope not for 40. A guy dominates the early part for the game and you sit him for someone else. Also you bring in 2 other guys with no offensive or defensive skills with them and then you get s drought

Another question: Gophers go on huge run early in first half. Then RP decides Jarvis Omersa and Brock Stull (of all people) need some run on the court. clearly the lineup on the floor was overmatched and yet those guys are left out there. huge mistake to let that go and let nebraska get back into the game.

I’ll never understand coaches with bad benches who decide to play the whole bench at the same time.
They need to coach some 7th grade basketball.

When you coach 7th grade basketball you learn the coaching trick of only having one terrible player in the court at a time

Oturu is really good. And could be amazing if he stays.

That substitution was clearly the turning point in the game. At the time, I thought WTF. Now I just shake my head.

Exactly and this other joker is defending him acting like people are calling for the starters for 40 minutes. Got to be blind if you couldn’t see exactly what you describe here.

The refs cost us this game. But that we need a call to go our way to beat a bad Nebraska team says it all.

No PG that we're willing to trust. Stull can't play at this level. Hurt can't play at this level. Omersa should not be playing as a freshman. Bad roster management. Recruiting misses. No offensive game plan. And no future recruits to hang our hat on. The program is not in a good place and it falls on the coach.

The returning talent on this roster is actually pretty decent if no player turnover, but it's hard to see Washington sticking around. Regardless, this year is toast. Not sure where the additional wins are going to come from.

Charge call was fine.

Bad call on Coffey to end the game.

We got away with one when Gabe traveled on the game winner against Washington.

Both are Q1 games. Call it even.

On our final possession, it seems like it might’ve been smarter to try for a 2-for-1 (making the massive assumption we could get a decent look) as opposed to holding it for 25 seconds and then letting Murphy bowl into the guy from the free throw line. Why give Nebraska the last shot?

Anybody know if we ever have beaten a team twice during a conference season?

Horrible officiating without a doubt. However, we had a chance with the ball to ice it. Why wouldn't you insert IW offensively to create something instead of having Coff dribble, dribble, dribble and set Murph up for a charge? Very poor strategy. Same old, same old. Getting very tough to watch this crap game after game.

Exactly and this other joker is defending him acting like people are calling for the starters for 40 minutes. Got to be blind if you couldn’t see exactly what you describe here.

And losing all credibility and respect in the process. Totally f*cking ridiculous.

To be clear. They could fire Pitino tomorrow simply for playing Brock Stull and for a multitude of other reasons. I’m not happy with his coaching or really anything in the program.

However, that does not change my feelings on this being one of the sickest screw jobs I’ve ever witnessed. I felt sick as Palmer was going to the line still can’t believe it ended that way.

We played poorly, but still led by a point on the road with two seconds to go. Again I ask, what did Nebraska do to deserve that outcome. If we played badly, they must have been even worse to be in that position, at home no less.

I don’t think we’ll ever win a game in this arena or even play a game that I enjoy watching. It’s just the worst ever.

I think tomorrow morning is going to be incredibly interesting.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This one really stung. Tonight is the first time this season where reality hit me that we will not make the dance pending a miracle. Honestly though, is this such a horrible thing? So we sneak in as an 11 seed. We are one of the worst three-point shooting teams in the country that have played a full 40 minutes in maybe 2/26 games? Do you really think we would pull a rabbit out of our hat on the big stage? No...It would be Middle Tenn St. all over again.

Pitino lost this one before the refs ever had a chance to make game-altering calls. The silver lining is Gabe and Oturu, our two best all-around basketball players, are playing for the name on the front of their jersey and that won't change when the coach does. Coffey won't go anywhere as a senior and I'm sure Carr would feel it out for a year (no clue if he will contirbute).

We need to move on. Good teams get lucky. Bad teams don't. We never get lucky.

Definitely go with starters all 40 minutes. How stinking dumb can Pitino get?

The best argument you have is a strawman argument. That should tell you something. Sadly it is starting to look like you probably just can't get it.

Wonder if we'll finish behind Rutgers and Illinois in the standings? We're probably immune from playing in the bottom four round but I can't say that I'm 100% certain of that.

The refs cost us this game. But that we need a call to go our way to beat a bad Nebraska team says it all.

No PG that we're willing to trust. Stull can't play at this level. Hurt can't play at this level. Omersa should not be playing as a freshman. Bad roster management. Recruiting misses. No offensive game plan. And no future recruits to hang our hat on. The program is not in a good place and it falls on the coach.

Now that’s a good post. Ballgame.

On our final possession, it seems like it might’ve been smarter to try for a 2-for-1 (making the massive assumption we could get a decent look) as opposed to holding it for 25 seconds and then letting Murphy bowl into the guy from the free throw line. Why give Nebraska the last shot?

I wouldn't go 2 for 1 with the lead. But that's just me. In a tie game I'd go 2 for 1 every time.

This one really stung. Tonight is the first time this season where reality hit me that we will not make the dance pending a miracle. Honestly though, is this such a horrible thing? So we sneak in as an 11 seed. We are one of the worst three-point shooting teams in the country that have played a full 40 minutes in maybe 2/26 games? Do you really think we would pull a rabbit out of our hat on the big stage? No...It would be Middle Tenn St. all over again.

Pitino lost this one before the refs ever had a chance to make game-altering calls. The silver lining is Gabe and Oturu, our two best all-around basketball players, are playing for the name on the front of their jersey and that won't change when the coach does. Coffey won't go anywhere as a senior and I'm sure Carr would feel it out for a year (no clue if he will contirbute).

We need to move on. Good teams get lucky. Bad teams don't. We never get lucky.

Well said.

This is just stupid. We all want to win. The coach wants to win. He sees the practices and he knows which players can give him how many minutes. Stull is probably having good practices, that's why he went in. He goes in and makes a three- it's a genius move. If Washington goes in and turns it over- then why didn't he put in Stull? No one on the bench has any confidence right now- the options are few. So he puts guys in, hopes he gets two good minutes, gets guys like Oturu or McBrayer who might be tired a blow.

Look, it is quite likely that Pitino is toast. I don't care about that as much as I want the team to win and I don't want to keep going through this cycle and hearing fans every few years asking for the coach to be fired so we can bring the next great one in. I hope the next one IS great.

Top Bottom