***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Oturu is going to score 25 and foul half their team out.

Why do people assume Coffey and Dupree are good defenders? They aren’t.

They spend more time standing upright and chasing their man rather than getting low and staying in front of them. Kalscheur is the only guard who looks like he cares about playing good position defense.

Not his fault. He's a victim.

They are both at fault. But it’s embarrassing for the coach. I don’t think IW should play if that’s the effort that coach gets.... but the kids got too much talent to let go untapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oturu is going to score 25 and foul half their team out.

Only if he gets the ball. He's working for position, get him the damn ball. Every possession.
Feed the hot hand, it's not that difficult of a strategy.

They spend more time standing upright and chasing their man rather than getting low and staying in front of them. Kalscheur is the only guard who looks like he cares about playing good position defense.

I agree 100%. He seems the most engaged defensively for sure.

Definitely

The IW experience should end with this season. Maybe it works for him at Mankato or SW.

Need to get a 4th foul on Palmer soon. Good run.

They are both at fault. But it’s embarrassing for the coach. I don’t think IW should play if that’s the effort that coach gets.... but the kids got too much talent to let go untapped.

Look, Washington got lost in the dribble and that resulted in a shot clock violation but it seems like the guy played only two minutes. You can't develop players if you yank them every time something bad happens. Pitino has been doing that to his doghouse players for the past five years and it hasn't worked well.

Dog house players need to move on and make room or fresh faces.

I still believe that a major reason our offense stagnates and comes to a halt is that neither McBrayer or Coffey can dribble to their right to create a shot. They get a handoff or come around a weak pick but they can't turn the corner hard and take the ball to the basket with their right hand. And since our opponents have 3 years of tape on these guys, they all know it and allow then to go right, knowing they're not a threat.

We should be isolating whoever Palmer is defending and going to the rim on him every single time.

Their best player has 3 fouls.

Get him a 4th and he sits for a long time.

This is not rocket science.

Last edited:

Missed rebound, turnover, missed rebound. Get Stockman out

Murphy with an awful couple minutes. Two bad passes and fell asleep on defense. Did get a nice bucket but man, this is when the senior has to lead. Let's go Gophers!!!

We should be isolating whoever Palmer is defending, and going to the rim on him every single time.

Their best player has 3 fouls.

Get him a 4th and he sits for a long time.

This is not rocket science.

Especially when isoball is what McBrayer and Coffey like to play anyways

Is that Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory that wears #35 in the yellow uniform!

Jordan Murphy is a walking disaster. He and Stull are the only reason Nebraska is in this game. Well, and Pitino. He insists on playing Stull at key moments and letting Murphy get away with anything he wants. Some games he just doesn’t have it.

Murphy comes down twice and throws passes to the other big man which the other big man can't catch.

This is after Oturu almost came up with a steal, (Gophers playing zone) and no one thought to cover the guy down low. (Murphy stayed on his side guarding noone).

This team defense kind of stinks and the offense appears to be too turnover prone.

Look, Washington got lost in the dribble and that resulted in a shot clock violation but it seems like the guy played only two minutes. You can't develop players if you yank them every time something bad happens. Pitino has been doing that to his doghouse players for the past five years and it hasn't worked well.

I agree. I think the effort the last two games is a consequence of the short leash. Hence my original claim, that it’s in indictment on Pitino that this is what he’s able to get out of his players in February. Nonetheless, mid-game Pitino can’t keep that effort level on the floor. He actually got pulled after a weak defensive effort on the next possession.

I’m sorry buy Stockman sucks. I want to like him but I just can’t. He frustrates me

Top Bottom