***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

They got the ball in Murphy's hands he drove, got fouled and got called for the charge. We got ripped off on the last two calls. The guy on Murph was definitely not squared up. Then the Coffey call...

C'mon man. Horrible call on Coffey but Murphy's was 100% charge.

Honestly. Corrupt officiating is why I watch basketball less and less. Looking forward to spring diamond sports already.

They got the ball in Murphy's hands he drove, got fouled and got called for the charge. We got ripped off on the last two calls. The guy on Murph was definitely not squared up. Then the Coffey call...

The call went against them. It happens. Running that play was worse than the ref’s call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why wait Coyle? Can’t get any worse. Get rid of this absolutely putrid leader. I predicted a 5-9 finish, looking more like 4-10.

I know you’re old but Coyle likely isn’t reading this thread.

That is NOT a call you make with the game on the line!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

But that call goes against you on the road, every time.
If we would've grabbed the rebound with 2.7 to go, we win. Or at least get fouled.

why didn't the gophers challenge that last out of bounds call?

Did Dupree have half a toe over the line anthem pull it back?

They didn’t show a close up replay ,but it looked inbounds in the normal replays. Again, the refs decided they wanted Nebraska to win and made sure it happened. Note that Gabe got hit harder on the final inbounds than Palmer did.

We lost efficiently, NCAA tournament here we come

Pitino couldn't have botched that ending any words. ****ing pathetic. Get him out of here.

Yep. The last offensive possession was terrible. No need to drain the clock that much and then have to rely on Murphy to make a play dribbling. Just effing stupid.

Well there are a lot of happy people on this board. That probably sends Pitino packing.

i'm not ****ing happy at all about it. i really wanted to see pitino succeed because he is genuinely likable. he is just a bad basketball coach and the program needs to move on

If I’m Pitino, knowing the writing is on the wall, I demolish the officiating after tonight. It’s you and your players against the world now as it’s gojng to take a streak for you to keep coaching (and I would doubt he’s going to have a ton of interest for other jobs for awhile) so there is nothing to lose. This was just another of a long line of terrible jobs from B10 officials who should be some of the best in the business, and night in and or they’re not and on top of it, the B10 will say nothing of this and act like it’s nothing. It’s beyond embarrassing at this point.

Not the refs fault Ptino put his team in that position by running a play that has Murphy getting the ball 20 feet from the basket with under 10 on the shot clock.

It was like 5 seconds when he got it. Made no sense. They ran a great play the prior possession when Murphy got us the lead.

Did they ever show a good angle of the out of bounds rebound attempt at the end?

why didn't the gophers challenge that last out of bounds call?

Because it definitely wasn’t out off of Nebraska.
In fact, it was never out

Don’t know what they could call there? Inadvertent whistle?

Those bad calls notwithstanding, I think today showed Pitino is done here, sadly. Nothing we do on offense is effective and it’s hard to see what we are even going for. On defense, everybody tries to block every shot (E.g. coffee at the end).

The ref looked at the basket to see if the ball went in before making the call, he wanted the spotlight on him. What a terrible way to lose I feel bad for the team they deserved the win.

Horrible offensive sets. Horrible officiating. Horrible call.

The refs gave this one to Nebraska, but we tried our best to give them this win too.

It's time to move on as a program.

I wondered if they would look at the ball out of bounds. But I guess they can only look at who it is off of not if it was out of bounds. As for "squared up" that is announcer talk not rule book language. Just like extending the arm and dropping the shoulder are more announcer talk than rule book stuff. You can run a guy over and that's a charge without dropping your shoulder. Will say that seemed like a odd place to get Murphy the ball. He had been so effective on the block of nearer the baseline ... this felt like a perfect set up for a suicide drive.

Last edited:

Don't mind me...
903561ba9cb1916c291e7989d5294d01.gif

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Stop with this nonsense. If Pitino loses his job it will be deserved.

If he loses it, he deserves to lose it. There are a lot of people on this board that want that to happen. Just sayin'

Top Bottom