***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Well there are a lot of happy people on this board. That probably sends Pitino packing.

I've defended him as much as anyone but this team is simply not relevant. Not helping matters, our 2017 recruiting class will have netted zero players after IW transfers, which he presumably will do. MN is a tough place to win and it takes a sort of special coach to make it consistently happen. Pitino may not be that guy.

Not the refs fault Ptino put his team in that position by running a play that has Murphy getting the ball 20 feet from the basket with under 10 on the shot clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That also was not a charge but the refs called it! The last two fouls weren't and another ref tried to give the ball to me bvb ranks on an obvious out of bounds. This game officiating reminds me why I quit watching basketball many years ago and that I made a mistake starting again this year. Time to stop again!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Honestly. Corrupt officiating is why I watch basketball less and less. Looking forward to spring diamond sports already.

Well, they could have called on offensive foul on Murphy on his last basket. Even the announcers said that.

It was like 5 seconds when he got it. Made no sense. They ran a great play the prior possession when Murphy got us the lead.

Did they ever show a good angle of the out of bounds rebound attempt at the end?

No they didn’t

McBrayer was never out of bounds. Oturu must have touched it. But when oturu went out of bounds it looked like the ball was 2 feet away from him. Not a good angle shown on tv though

I like Richard. Wouldn’t be shocked if he got fired. Really hope if he is fired they have someone to come in and recruit instantly. Need more good players. Never had depth with Richards teams.

Shouldn't have even been in a position for that foul to have mattered.

You can't review an out-of-bounds call? Are you sure?

the call on the floor was that the Gophers touched it as it went out of bounds.

if you're trying to argue that Oturu didn't touch it and McBrayer was never out of bounds, then there shouldn't have been a whistle, and you can't review an errant whistle like that

That also was not a charge but the refs called it! The last two fouls weren't and another ref tried to give the ball to me bvb ranks on an obvious out of bounds. This game officiating reminds me why I quit watching basketball many years ago and that I made a mistake starting again this year. Time to stop again!

Well, if you switched to watching a better team maybe their results wouldn't hang on a call or two. Funny how the officiating deteriorated so much over the last two years.

Last edited:

The ref looked at the basket to see if the ball went in before making the call, he wanted the spotlight on him. What a terrible way to lose I feel bad for the team they deserved the win.

Deserved to win? LOL. They played bad shot bad defended bad. Oturo and Murphy deserved the win the rest deserve exactly what they got

Gophs got hosed, but dam people, that was some brutal gopher basketball yet again. Did you not see another brutal offensive game yet again?

Clean house!

the call on the floor was that the Gophers touched it as it went out of bounds.

if you're trying to argue that Oturu didn't touch it and McBrayer was never out of bounds, then there shouldn't have been a whistle, and you can't review an errant whistle like that

Yup. That ref had a bad two second sequence

I think he blew both calls. But I’m gonna say we should still win that game and not let the refs have a chance to blow a call that loses it for us.

2 bench points. Both from a guy who tried to transfer. I think the bench was 1/1.

Both for him and the team. He needs to find a team that needs what he has. That isn't the Gophers.

Agree, he needs to play for a team that doesn't clog the middle and has some floor balance and off ball movement, trying to watch him play the weave is pain full, like trying to force a square peg in a round hole. So much talent though.

Gophs got hosed, but dam people, that was some brutal gopher basketball yet again. Did you not see another brutal offensive game yet again?

Clean house!

I'm not sure I saw a game plan to tell the truth. A game plan is what Wisconsin and Happ did to us. It was consistent and made sense.

Clean house!

Your posts are worded just like trump tweets. I kinda like it

this loss was not on the refs

mediocre, unimaginative offense. porous defense at the most inopportune times

here's a question: why does it seem like every game, there's always a dude on the other team who catches fire or breaks out of a big time slump and has his best game of the year? is it just bad defense? you would have to think so after watching it repeatedly?

That also was not a charge but the refs called it! The last two fouls weren't and another ref tried to give the ball to nebraska on an obvious out of bounds. This game officiating reminds me why I quit watching basketball many years ago and that I made a mistake starting again this year. Time to stop again!

Every call went the wrong way down the stretch. Even if Murphy charged (which I didn’t argue), the OB and Coffey’s foul were unbelievable. Anyone who wants to say the refs didn’t make a significant difference, just remember, a guy on this crew tried to give Nebraska the ball after they threw it away and the ball never came within 10 feet of any player on the floor. If that doesn’t make you question motives/competence/whatever nothing ever will. Without replay, that Nebraska keeps that ball. Absolutely unbelievable.

Exactly. This Nebraska team was ripe for a blowout. Instead you get up big early sub in junk and let off the gas. Gave them hope. That is a poor team you’ve lost to tonight. Simply put our team is not very good and they are not coached very well either

Last edited:

If he loses it, he deserves to lose it. There are a lot of people on this board that want that to happen. Just sayin'

And those that want Pitino to be fired have had 6 years to come to that conclusion.

Every call went the wrong way down the stretch. Even if Murphy charged (which I didn’t argue), the OB and Coffey’s foul were unbelievable. Anyone who wants to say the refs didn’t make a significant difference, just remember, a guy on this crew tried to give Nebraska the ball after they threw it away and the ball never came within 10 feet of any player on the floor. If that doesn’t make you question motives/competence/whatever nothing ever will. Without replay, that Nebraska keeps that ball. Absolutely unbelievable.

This. Every one of these in the last two minutes. It makes a reasonable person wonder.

2 bench points. Both from a guy who tried to transfer. I think the bench was 1/1.

Yup.

People want to point to game plans or whatever. But I would argue gross roster mismanagement has cost this team multiple seasons under Richard.

Took a chance on a guy who never became eligible rather than signing a point guard option of some sort.
Don’t play your point guard.
8 combined years for the two big men we had last year.
Like 5 guys kicked off or transferred out in six years.

Thats a lot of wasted roster and now we have a roster with 2 bigs, 4 wings, no guards. And some scrubs.

Hell, stull is playing. He is awful. He is playing. And he can’t even play the position we need.

Horrible offensive sets. Horrible officiating. Horrible call.

The refs gave this one to Nebraska, but we tried our best to give them this win too.

It's time to move on as a program.

Gotta agree with you Bob...plus I'm pretty disappointed with the recruiting trends. I really like him as a person but perhaps his time is done.

I hate this response. While you can say it’s true, what on earth did Nebraska do to earn that call and have the game handed to them? The fact is, whether they played great or not, the Gophers played one point better than Nebraska to that point of the game. They were given a free chance to win that they also did not deserve.

Another question: Gophers go on huge run early in first half. Then RP decides Jarvis Omersa and Brock Stull (of all people) need some run on the court. clearly the lineup on the floor was overmatched and yet those guys are left out there. huge mistake to let that go and let nebraska get back into the game.

Top Bottom