***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Four TOs, up on rebounds and no FT attempts which is strange.

Wish we could have kept the hot start, but these two teams are evenly matched. We have a distinct height advantage. It would be interesting to see Oturu and Stockman posted on the blocks.

Feed McBrayer all night tonight, he is in zone.

He's 2 of 3. I'd say we need a little more evidence to conclude he's on fire.

Now, Oturu was in the zone early in the game but Pitino took him out and cooled him.

He's 2 of 3. I'd say we need a little more evidence to conclude he's on fire.

Now, Oturu was in the zone early in the game but Pitino took him out and cooled him.

Good humor on the Oturu comment. But maybe his hand was too hot and he needed to ice it:)

Murphy spending most of his time 20+ feet from the basket. Why?

We started the game well by getting the ball down low to Murphy and Oturu. Then got away from it. Seems to happen way too often. I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it: every possession should start by getting the ball to one of them on the block.

How come it feels like we get way less open threes than other teams?
1. We don't really do anything to get anyone open. We just stand around while one guy dribbles.
2. Even so, most teams should really be begging us to shoot threes. The way we shoot, probably don't need to hurl any more up.
3. Need to kick the ball into low post, then kick it back out.
4. We don't beat the shot clock.

That was a terrible last ten minutes or whatever of the half from the Gophers. To lets this Nebraska team make 9 of 10 shots is ridiculous. How many straight line drives did they give up? Literally giving up driving layups in the half court. How many of those have the Gophers had all B1G season? They gave up at least 5 in one half! Do the Gophers have any players who don't jump out of their shoes on literally every single pump fake? Maybe Gabe?

Jarvis Omersa taking a 3 with time still left on the shot clock was strange. I can't believe he has the freedom to take that shot in the offense. Brock Stull simply cannot play at this level. He was the main culprit on defense at least twice and looks completely overmatched trying to just move the ball on offense much less actually stress the defense. I know it's been discussed, but it sure would be nice to know how he possibly could be this out of shape as a high major basketball player. It's bad when you can tell anyone (much less a guard) is fat while they are wearing a uniform.

Nice half from Oturu, he continues to be the player on the rise on the Gophers. The Gophers should have a comfortable lead in this game. I hate the fact that Nebraska is right in this.

Most the game, yes. Short blows with guys that can play. No Stull, no Omersa it ain’t rocket science. We are in do or die mode. Need wins, not feel good stories

Who are the bench guys that you think can play? I want the starters to play 30 + minutes as well, but he was right to sit Murph at 2 fouls and Stockman did not hurt us in his short stint for Oturu. We got hurt by Stull, Washington and Omersa (how many seconds were left on the shot clock when he heaved that three?). I think you will see big minutes from the starters the rest of the way, barring foul issues.

Pitino needs to challenge Coffey to shut down Palmer in the second half, and McBrayer to shut Watson down. We are going to have to take their confidence away on offense and shut them down.

We started the game well by getting the ball down low to Murphy and Oturu. Then got away from it. Seems to happen way too often. I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it: every possession should start by getting the ball to one of them on the block.

Exactly. It seemed like that was definitely the mission to start the game and it worked well. The guards need to keep this going.

That was a terrible last ten minutes or whatever of the half from the Gophers. To lets this Nebraska team make 9 of 10 shots is ridiculous. How many straight line drives did they give up? Literally giving up driving layups in the half court. How many of those have the Gophers had all B1G season? They gave up at least 5 in one half! Do the Gophers have any players who don't jump out of their shoes on literally every single pump fake? Maybe Gabe?

Jarvis Omersa taking a 3 with time still left on the shot clock was strange. I can't believe he has the freedom to take that shot in the offense. Brock Stull simply cannot play at this level. He was the main culprit on defense at least twice and looks completely overmatched trying to just move the ball on offense much less actually stress the defense. I know it's been discussed, but it sure would be nice to know how he possibly could be this out of shape as a high major basketball player. It's bad when you can tell anyone (much less a guard) is fat while they are wearing a uniform.

Nice half from Oturu, he continues to be the player on the rise on the Gophers. The Gophers should have a comfortable lead in this game. I hate the fact that Nebraska is right in this.

Stull looks like he has forgotten that it is legal to dribble.

Who are the bench guys that you think can play? I want the starters to play 30 + minutes as well, but he was right to sit Murph at 2 fouls and Stockman did not hurt us in his short stint for Oturu. We got hurt by Stull, Washington and Omersa (how many seconds were left on the shot clock when he heaved that three?). I think you will see big minutes from the starters the rest of the way, barring foul issues.

Pitino needs to challenge Coffey to shut down Palmer in the second half, and McBrayer to shut Watson down. We are going to have to take their confidence away on offense and shut them down.

Why do we have so few bench players that can play?

Stull looks like he has forgotten that it is legal to dribble.

Just like Michael Hurt, he looks like he's playing hot potato.. if either of them touch the ball 10 times a game, I'll bet neither has the ball in his hands for a total of 15 seconds.

Well, I'll take a shot at that question. Seems to me that Pitino rides on the backs of the talented horses but doesn't develop bench role players.

Curry is hurt. Washington and Stull have both been a disappointment. Those three should have been really good depth- but it hasn't worked out that way. Stull was a 14-15 point per game D1 player and now looks terrible. Too fat? I don't know, maybe he is just too slow.

I know that you want the answer to be Pitino and maybe that's it.

Why do people assume Coffey and Dupree are good defenders? They aren’t.

Curry is hurt. Washington and Stull have both been a disappointment. Those three should have been really good depth- but it hasn't worked out that way. Stull was a 14-15 point per game D1 player and now looks terrible. Too fat? I don't know, maybe he is just too slow.

It's his program.

Here go the Cornhuskers on a run. smh.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is where it would be great to play good defense. Keep the team in the game while the offense goes into one of their patented droughts.

Has Pitino ever had a good bench here? Answer: no.

This is where it would be great to play good defense. Keep the team in the game while the offense goes into one of their patented droughts.

Offensive drought and no touches for Oturu. Makes sense.

Top Bottom