All Things Prince Aligbe Recruitment Thread (Class of 2022)

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Dang that must be one loaded high school team.

They graduated a guy who went D1 (Colorado St I think) and Lockett transferred (would be senior, D1 offers)

Suggs, Holmgren and Aligbe is a nice 1-2-3 punch.

They graduated a guy who went D1 (Colorado St I think) and Lockett transferred (would be senior, D1 offers)

Suggs, Holmgren and Aligbe is a nice 1-2-3 punch.

and to think they are a class AA team

Go Gophers!!

Aligbe is a beast. Physically imposing. Talented. Huge fan. Should be a huge priority.

I am not impressed when a private school has an impressive team. It's not like they are all kids from one small town, basketball is rarely like that anymore. I think the best teams should move up and play legit teams that could beat them. Kinda sad to see this team playing small schools in AA. Glad to see they are moving to AAA, even though it should probably play in 4A.

Wil be the most talented HS Team in MN history next season

Wil be the most talented HS Team in MN history next season

Better than the 2013-14 Delasalle team?

PG: Jarvis Johnson
SG: Geno Crandall
SF: Sacar Anim
PF: Josh Collins
C: Reid Travis
6th man: Goanar Mar

Last edited:

Better than the 2014-15 Delasalle team?

PG: Jarvis Johnson
SG: Geno Crandall
SF: Sacar Anim
PF: Josh Collins
C: Reid Travis
6th man: Goanar Mar

Or the 08 Hopkins team.

Royce White, Trent Lockett, Ray Cowles, Broghammer, D.J. Peterson, Joe Coleman, Marvin Singleton, Marcus Williams?

I am not impressed when a private school has an impressive team. It's not like they are all kids from one small town, basketball is rarely like that anymore. I think the best teams should move up and play legit teams that could beat them. Kinda sad to see this team playing small schools in AA. Glad to see they are moving to AAA, even though it should probably play in 4A.

That's a silly take my man.

First, most of those Minnehaha kids have been at that school for years, well before they were high level prospects. 2nd, those kids could transfer to another school (De, CDH, etc) or their local public school. It's easy to knock private schools but those kids are also held to high standards academically.

Also the 'move up' crowd is on some nonsense. Just because you're more talented than the competition doesn't mean you back away to make it easier for them. On top of that talent is cyclical. Nobody cared when Minnehaha was getting killed my entire youth, but now all the sudden because they've been good for a few years they should move up? Please. Then if they're average for a few years and move back down then the narrative will be that they couldn't compete with the big boys and need to beat up on the little guys. Let those boys ball without the hating.

It's not hating. I like to see good basketball. I don't enjoy when a championship game is won by 20 pts and players aren't even playing hard. I don't like that Hopkins tends to get tons of transfers so it can dominate either. I don't like that multiple top 10 players go to Duke or Kentucky together. I don't like that Durant went to G state when they were probably already the best team. I am hardly alone in that regard.

That's a silly take my man.

First, most of those Minnehaha kids have been at that school for years, well before they were high level prospects. 2nd, those kids could transfer to another school (De, CDH, etc) or their local public school. It's easy to knock private schools but those kids are also held to high standards academically.

Also the 'move up' crowd is on some nonsense. Just because you're more talented than the competition doesn't mean you back away to make it easier for them. On top of that talent is cyclical. Nobody cared when Minnehaha was getting killed my entire youth, but now all the sudden because they've been good for a few years they should move up? Please. Then if they're average for a few years and move back down then the narrative will be that they couldn't compete with the big boys and need to beat up on the little guys. Let those boys ball without the hating.

I was hoping for some real news instead of bickering-take it to another topic.

How big is Prince? How much has he grown? How much taller do you think he will get? What position in college does he project to play?

It's not hating. I like to see good basketball. I don't enjoy when a championship game is won by 20 pts and players aren't even playing hard. I don't like that Hopkins tends to get tons of transfers so it can dominate either. I don't like that multiple top 10 players go to Duke or Kentucky together. I don't like that Durant went to G state when they were probably already the best team. I am hardly alone in that regard.

I don't think HS kids are immune to criticism but you are a little of base. The difference is that they are kids that don't choose where they go to school where as everyone else you listed has a choice.

If you don't like that good players flock to these locations (HS included) maybe we should be concerned with others' work ethic to beat them?

The problem with that ideal is that you essentially want to reward mediocrity. Those guys over there are too good so lets help out those who aren't as good. I went to DLS back in the day. In my entire time there we had 2 D1 players who didn't play together. We still won a lot because Thorson was a great coach and the team played hard. Nobody complained about us moving up to 3A then. But good players wanted to come play for Thorson. They came to the DLS youth camps and were involved. According to your logic it's a bad thing that Thorson was a better coach than so many others that then attracted talent. Why should talented kids play for schools/programs/coaches that do a worse job at developing them???? How does that makes sense? Same with college kids. Kids go to Duke because there are proven results. It's easy to say stuff like that from afar but if you have to help your son plan the next 4 years of his life are you going with the unknown just in the name of fairness? Or are you going to choose the option that you feel best sets your kid's future up?

Bring back the sweet 16 tournament. Or even a final 4 where the winner of each class plays each other.

You only need 5 players on the court.

The problem with that ideal is that you essentially want to reward mediocrity. Those guys over there are too good so lets help out those who aren't as good. I went to DLS back in the day. In my entire time there we had 2 D1 players who didn't play together. We still won a lot because Thorson was a great coach and the team played hard. Nobody complained about us moving up to 3A then. But good players wanted to come play for Thorson. They came to the DLS youth camps and were involved. According to your logic it's a bad thing that Thorson was a better coach than so many others that then attracted talent. Why should talented kids play for schools/programs/coaches that do a worse job at developing them???? How does that makes sense? Same with college kids. Kids go to Duke because there are proven results. It's easy to say stuff like that from afar but if you have to help your son plan the next 4 years of his life are you going with the unknown just in the name of fairness? Or are you going to choose the option that you feel best sets your kid's future up?

+1

so are we going to offer him? we're in early on other Minnesota kids - no reason to get beat to the punch on in-state kids if they are worthy of an offer.

Awesome post. Same for kids picking colleges. Would have loved to have my grand kids pick my alma (UCLA) but encouraged them to pick 100 % on their own as the first real adult decision of independence. They both played a sport and went out east. Turned out great for them. Much was learned away from home, they got better coaching and met new and interesting people from other places.

Top Bottom