Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump up to 62%

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GoodasGold View Post
    Attention class, for today’s lesson please use the words: climate change model in a sentence.
    GaG, Howdy, dorker, wtf, 4life, and #2.

Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    His approval rating shot up 9 points since the shut down began.
    Yes it did, in La La Land.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post
    Shiiiiiit Trump will negotiate himself into the death penalty......and I don’t even think New York has one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trump is the guy who threatens to shoot himself when the cops show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Rasmussen is the "fakest poll"? Says who? I tried to educate you in the past on how polls work, but it clearly didn't take.

1st: Let's use Reuters poll on Trump job approval. It's at only 38%. Now look at their methodology & read the fine print: Why on earth would they over-sample Democratic voters by 150 responses? Add 300 Republican responses to their poll & what does their number look like? How come none of these polls over-sample Republicans? Get it now? Now go look at the methodology of the other polls that have Trump in the 30's.

"These are findings from an Ipsos poll conducted for Thomson Reuters between January 30-February 5, 2019. For the survey, a sample of 2,470 Americans, including 963 Democrats, 814 Republicans, and 389 Independents ages 18+ were interviewed online."

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-pol...cal-2019-02-06
    https://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/p...filiation.aspx

http://www.people-press.org/2018/03/...groups/2_1-15/

According to that Pew Poll, Democrats are actually UNDERsampled in the Reuters poll.
    Last edited by justthefacts; 02-12-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Trump is the guy who threatens to shoot himself when the cops show up.
    Don’t make me post my “Blazing Saddles” Cleavon Little hostage bit again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    Well for starters. Negotiations are currently going on in Washington D.C. Trump is in Texas for a rally right now. Trump is now where to be found at the table. Trump has no patience, wants everything his way, and doesn't tell the truth when chatting it up with people. How can a negotiator be a good one when you lie all the time?
    I think much of what you say can work for a person who is trying to negotiate.
    If the other side is more anxious to make a deal, not engaging and appearing to have other priorities than them may cause the other side to settle sooner when you do engage.

I'm not saying he's an honest negotiator or even a "fair" negotiator, but I think he's very effective more times than not.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    I think much of what you say can work for a person who is trying to negotiate.
    If the other side is more anxious to make a deal, not engaging and appearing to have other priorities than them may cause the other side to settle sooner when you do engage.

I'm not saying he's an honest negotiator or even a "fair" negotiator, but I think he's very effective more times than not.
    Can you share an example of a great deal he's made during his time as President?

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Can you share an example of a great deal he's made during his time as President?
    Well he got mexico to pay for the wa...

He got China to trade fairl.....

He got North Korea to destroy all their nuc....

He got Iran to stop making nuc....

Oh wait, I've got it! He got a tax cut to the rich! That's really about all he's done.

(disclaimer this post a joke, please do not take it seriously I stole the idea from KFAN)
    Who hates iowa?

Blog Entries

Your disclaimer reads, no I am not this stupid. Very good.
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Your disclaimer reads, no I am not this stupid. Very good.
    Was it funny though? I'm working on my comedy show.
    Who hates iowa?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    Was it funny though? I'm working on my comedy show.
    You need to work on it. Appreciate the attempt.
    Kingdom Warriors

Oh wait, I've got it! He got a tax cut to the rich! That's really about all he's done.

(disclaimer this post a joke, please do not take it seriously I stole the idea from KFAN)
    Until someone can really say what he has done as to a negotiator, he hasn't done much of anything except over ride much regulation that protects the people and environment while favoring large businesses. We're going to have serious problems down the road if the GOP doesn't reign him in.

No, you got it. The only big thing he has actually accomplished was the easiest thing to ever do as a politician - cut taxes. And the taxes he cut were extremely heavily weighted toward the wealthiest people.

Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    Until someone can really say what he has done as to a negotiator, he hasn't done much of anything except over ride much regulation that protects the people and environment while favoring large businesses. We're going to have serious problems down the road if the GOP doesn't reign him in.
    The GOP won't reign him in, they are a combination of extremely corrupt and extremely spineless. Our only hope is for the American public to reign him in. And given that a solid proportion of the American public is as misinformed, ignorant, and deluded as the RW nutjobs exemplified on this board, good luck to us, I guess. Worse, the backlash to Talk-Radio/Fox-News-Trumpism is strong leftism, and that will not help the problem, the solution of which is a return to facts, reason, compromise and normalcy.
    Last edited by cncmin; 02-12-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Here's a far better reality of the situation. A comparison of January 2017 approval ratings to present:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

The reality: he's below water in GOP stalwarts GA, NC, UT, and MO, and barely breathing in GOP stalwarts of AK, TX, NE, and MT. If approval rating translates to electability, he has almost zero chance in 2020 barring the Dems putting up a significantly worse candidate than HRC.
    Last edited by cncmin; 02-12-2019 at 05:36 PM.