Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Default Net Neutrality Repeal

Looks like this might happen tomorrow! MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Looks like this might happen tomorrow! MAGA
    Yeah. Messing with the rules of the internet. It's been such a disappointment with the rules they've had in place. Let's make sure we improve it. Then we will finally unleash its potential, which has been sorely underutilized, due to the stifling environment currently in place.

Net Neutrality is confusing. Or I'm just dumb. Either way, I don't understand the pros and cons of it

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    Net Neutrality is confusing. Or I'm just dumb. Either way, I don't understand the pros and cons of it
    Internet providers would be able to sell bandwidth and restrict websites however they choose. Say that Netflix pays and Hulu doesn't.....the IP could cause your Hulu viewing to be slow and grainy. It's pretty much the opposite of the free market (that hypocrite2 always pimps) in the fact that the IPs will now be able to pick the winners and losers rather than the consumers.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    Internet providers would be able to sell bandwidth and restrict websites however they choose. Say that Netflix pays and Hulu doesn't.....the IP could cause your Hulu viewing to be slow and grainy. It's pretty much the opposite of the free market (that hypocrite2 always pimps) in the fact that the IPs will now be able to pick the winners and losers rather than the consumers.

Thank you. So net neutrality is a good thing? What are the cons of it?

The people who built the infrastructure have to treat everyone equally instead of being able to charge them for the use.

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post

They will also be able to restrict what sites you can visit.

Let's say an ISP has a real problem with people reading the Qur'an because they feel it will radicalize you. But you were interested in simply learning more about the Qur'an so you go to read it online. You would be blocked from being able to access it. So you want to buy it online and have it shipped. They will also be able to block sites where you can purchase it.

Or you are a telecommuter, but you work for a competitor of someone who paid off the ISP. They could throttle your network speed to a point that it no longer makes sense for you to work from home.

It is a complete pile of ****, and there is literally ZERO reason to appeal net neutrality.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered User View Post
    They will also be able to restrict what sites you can visit.

Let's say an ISP has a real problem with people reading the Qur'an because they feel it will radicalize you. But you were interested in simply learning more about the Qur'an so you go to read it online. You would be blocked from being able to access it. So you want to buy it online and have it shipped. They will also be able to block sites where you can purchase it.

Or you are a telecommuter, but you work for a competitor of someone who paid off the ISP. They could throttle your network speed to a point that it no longer makes sense for you to work from home.

It is a complete pile of ****, and there is literally ZERO reason to appeal net neutrality.
    Thanks. Makes sense to me. So why is it up for vote? Has to be some reason. ISP's that powerful?

Thanks. Makes sense to me. So why is it up for vote? Has to be some reason. ISP's that powerful?
    Here's a List of the Members of Congress Who Just Told Ajit Pai to Repeal Net Neutrality
    And how much money they've taken from the telecom industry.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...ess-fcc-letter

Money. Money. Money. Corrupt government at it's finest. And stupid republicans being stupid.
    Who hates iowa?

Right. Think about comcast blocking you from charter, dish, directtv, centurylink, etc.....websites because they are competitors. I've got a comcast.net email that I've used for nearly 20 years. I have charter, however. Repealing net neutrality could lead to me not being able to check my email from my home....depending on how the IPs limit and restrict.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered User View Post
    Here's a List of the Members of Congress Who Just Told Ajit Pai to Repeal Net Neutrality
    And how much money they've taken from the telecom industry.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...ess-fcc-letter
    Republican shamelessness at it's finest.

It's one move closer to the censored dictatorship trump wants.
    Who hates iowa?

Cons of NN: Big Brother gets a closer watch on us, costs us more money, slows down connection speeds (In some cases), removes just a bit more freedom, and the rich get richer.

Ironically enough, the FCC chairman who engineered the repeal worked for Verizon.