Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

At 16-8, 6-7 in Conference we desperately need a sweep this week to feel good on Selection Sunday.

Win @Nebraska
    Win Indiana

This gets us to 18-8 and 8-7 with the following schedule for the rest of the regular season:

Michigan - Home dogs
    @Rutgers - Will we be favored? Quad 1 win on the road at this point.
    @Northwestern - Not really much different than @Rutgers
    Purdue - Home dogs
    @Maryland - This is the third easiest of the last 5.

I think if we sweep the week, we are in with winning 2 of the last 5. Biting nails time if we lost either to Rutgers or Northwestern cause then we would need help in the tournament.

Blog Entries

NET rankings (above) have been updated through games played Feb. 10 (Sunday).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    At 16-8, 6-7 in Conference we desperately need a sweep this week to feel good on Selection Sunday.

Win @Nebraska
    Win Indiana

This gets us to 18-8 and 8-7 with the following schedule for the rest of the regular season:

Michigan - Home dogs
    @Rutgers - Will we be favored? Quad 1 win on the road at this point.
    @Northwestern - Not really much different than @Rutgers
    Purdue - Home dogs
    @Maryland - This is the third easiest of the last 5.

I think if we sweep the week, we are in with winning 2 of the last 5. Biting nails time if we lost either to Rutgers or Northwestern cause then we would need help in the tournament.
    @Maryland is likely the toughest game. Maryland is a bit inferior to Purdue and Michigan but you get nearly an 8 point swing in venue. Instead of playing Purdue at home where you get ~4 points in spread, you play Maryland and lose ~4 points.

We’re projected to lose by 7 to Michigan, 6 to Purdue, and 9 to Maryland in KenPom.

We differ on 4.

I have Oklahoma, Utah St, Temple, and UNC-Greensboro in.
    I have Butler, Indiana, Arkansas, and NC State out.

Last 4 In: UNC-Greensboro, Temple, Seton Hall, Minnesota
    First 4 Out: Toledo, Butler, Indiana, Creighton

Blog Entries

Default Purdue is going down at Williams

Gophers are gonna' win one of their remaining Big Boy games. My call is it's Purdue. Boilers aren't beating the Gophers twice.

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    Gophers are gonna' win one of their remaining Big Boy games. My call is it's Purdue. Boilers aren't beating the Gophers twice.
    Love your optimism, Hodger! This board needs some!

I'd rather have it be Michigan if only because it comes sooner. I'll take either, or both, better yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Man View Post
    Love your optimism, Hodger! This board needs some!

I'd rather have it be Michigan if only because it comes sooner. I'll take either, or both, better yet.
    Sooner the better, yes!

If your picking one out of Michigan, Purdue, or @Maryland, I can't argue with you about Purdue or the other two games! I could see us winning any of them to tell you the truth.

However, my Psychic tells me the Gophers will be shooting well on March 8th. I've also checked the stars and they will be in alignment as well that day! So I'm going with Maryland!

If we knew when and where the Gophers catch fire from deep we could predict this stuff easy.

Blog Entries

I really don't like the "MUST WIN" scenario ….. it's used way to much.

if we are at 9 wins and have one game to play....yes ….MUST WIN. All the rest are important games.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherbbdude;1692655[B
    ]I really don't like the "MUST WIN" scenario[/B] ….. it's used way to much.

if we are at 9 wins and have one game to play....yes ….MUST WIN. All the rest are important games.
    But then we can't panic! And that's no fun.

Okay, so this maybe belongs on the NET post but I'm posting it here anyway. What are the odds of us not getting in, and although hard to pinpoint on what we were lacking, because of our low NET ranking?

Lets throw out this scenario that probably wont happen but could and I like to speculate. If we only win the 4 easier games left (NW, IU, Rutgers, and Neb), then lose the rest of the regular season games, and go 1-1 in the BTT, do we get in? I see someone has us on the bubble and SS has us out?

The point was made that the bubble is always shrinking and we don't really know what else will happen, which is true. Its also hard to say it was because of the NET specifically when comparing two teams' resumes as so many thing will have small differences, but I still think the low NET ranking could hurt us come selection sunday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Man View Post
    But then we can't panic! And that's no fun.
    Bingo! hahahahha

Maybe, but I don’t think so. Don’t forget, we can count on a few bids being stolen in conference tournaments. The bubble will shrink, and even with a “weak” bubble (if that’s the case) 20-13 would be pretty dicey territory.
    If 20-13 is dicey territory, then 21-13 because we also won @rutgers isnt a lock

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    If 20-13 is dicey territory, then 21-13 because we also won @rutgers isnt a lock
    We'd be 21-12 in that scenario, but either way 21 wins is an absolute stone cold lock for this team this year.
    Occasionally blogs in-season at http://www.stillgothope.com/

In true Gophers fashion we finish 9-11 in the B1G and win two games in the B1G tournament. Then beg.