Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 121
  1. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    How's that nest egg and pension fund doing for you? Do you enjoy Arizona or Florida in your retirement?
    I know some millionaire farmers. What's his acreage? 1 or 2000 acres?
    You seem very concerned with everyone's financial situation.


  2. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urbandale View Post
    You seem very concerned with everyone's financial situation.
    Nope.
    I find it funny that a handful of anecdotal stories are supposed to show that Minnesotans can easily pony up over a grand per year to send their family to watch 19-21 year old kids play football. Empty seats at the stadium argue differently.

  3. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Nope.
    I find it funny that a handful of anecdotal stories are supposed to show that Minnesotans can easily pony up over a grand per year to send their family to watch 19-21 year old kids play football. Empty seats at the stadium argue differently.
    Claiming that it's over $1,000 per year is being dishonest - not that you're interested in having an honest conversation anyway.

  4. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Claiming that it's over $1,000 per year is being dishonest - not that you're interested in having an honest conversation anyway.
    For 4 people? That's not dishonest. That's looking at an average of $35 per ticket, transportation, parking and food for 6 games.
    It's over $1000 dollars. Perhaps that doesn't matter to you.

  5. #50

    Default

    He’s being dishonest because he’s switching the conversation to buying single ticket games.

    That wasn’t at all the context of the discussion, though.

  6. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Nope.
    I find it funny that a handful of anecdotal stories are supposed to show that Minnesotans can easily pony up over a grand per year to send their family to watch 19-21 year old kids play football. Empty seats at the stadium argue differently.
    As Iíve said before, this board has two groups...
    1) Those that think the price for ST is too high
    2) Those that want to feel better about their decision to buy ST


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    5,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Me thinks MC forgets that ticket prices should NOT be the same price as a pro team. Marketing doesn't understand...
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    All you're doing is arguing that Vikings tickets are ridiculously expensive.
    I guess you forgot what you originally posted.

  8. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    How's that nest egg and pension fund doing for you? Do you enjoy Arizona or Florida in your retirement?
    I know some millionaire farmers. What's his acreage? 1 or 2000 acres?
    I'm not retired and winter in MN like just about everyone else who lives here.

    https://www.minneapolisfed.org/publi...ninth-district

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jesseco.../#44496afc65a7

    https://www.wsj.com/articles/this-on...ng-11549468759

    https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...9-1dff876126cb

  9. #54

    Default

    Whatever the math is, the department is clearly doing something wrong because they are doing a terrible job of selling tickets.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    2,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Nope. The number $35 is the bottom baseline that has been brought up. I know you are a balls to the walls person who will argue half a penny, but using basic numbers my calculations stand. No family of four is going to realistically purchase season tickets.
    I'm sorry if you cannot accept this reality.
    No family of four?? I would wager there are plenty of families of four who buy tix.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    2,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Nope.
    I find it funny that a handful of anecdotal stories are supposed to show that Minnesotans can easily pony up over a grand per year to send their family to watch 19-21 year old kids play football. Empty seats at the stadium argue differently.
    There are thousands of Minnesotans who can afford it. Cripes- there are thousands of families that spend thousands putting their kids into various sports-related programs and leagues. Itís just a matter of where people would rather spend their discretionary income.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Gopher View Post
    No family of four?? I would wager there are plenty of families of four who buy tix.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The empty seats say otherwise...

  13. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Gopher View Post
    There are thousands of Minnesotans who can afford it. Cripes- there are thousands of families that spend thousands putting their kids into various sports-related programs and leagues. Itís just a matter of where people would rather spend their discretionary income.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Indeed. Cost-benefit analysis. People look at the cost and its benefits. They decide to spend on something they think is more beneficial to their family. Why do you think that is? Obviously the entertainment value to cost is below them spending their discretionary money to watch 19-21 year old kids.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Gopher View Post
    Cripes- there are thousands of families that spend thousands putting their kids into various sports-related programs and leagues.
    Speaking of this....anyone want to start a volleyball club with me? Those places are raking in the money.

  15. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Indeed. Cost-benefit analysis. People look at the cost and its benefits. They decide to spend on something they think is more beneficial to their family. Why do you think that is? Obviously the entertainment value to cost is below them spending their discretionary money to watch 19-21 year old kids.
    Where people come out when doing the cost-benefit analysis is the real issue. You originally said no families of four would buy tickets because of the cost. That's not true. There are tens of thousands of families across the region that could afford the tickets as they are currently priced. The problem is that they are choosing not to do so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •