Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

back to the transfer questions. As I heard it, Fleck was talking about another transfer - not Treadway or Owens, and when he said "will be eligible next year," I took that to be the 2020 season - not 2019, which would be "this" year.

And when he says "I can't talk about it," that implies a player who has not completed the paperwork or whatever to join the Gophers as a transfer student. So it could be the WR from USC, who is not listed on the current roster.

And snowblowers are for wimps. give me a $10 plastic shovel, and I'm good. I will be playing "The Shoveler" in the remake of "Mystery Men."

Last edited by Gophers_4life; 02-11-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Did you guys know that there are other ways to attend the games aside from season tickets?
    Oh right, because if a family only comes to a one-off game, then you're satisfied that attendance for the season is where it needs to be and all is well with attendance issues.

So much intellectual dishonesty about this topic. You must work for the ticket office.

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    back to the transfer questions. As I heard it, Fleck was talking about another transfer - not Treadway or Owens, and when he said "will be eligible next year," I took that to be the 2020 season - not 2019, which would be "this" year.

And when he says "I can't talk about it," that implies a player who has not completed the paperwork or whatever to join the Gophers as a transfer student. So it could be the WR from USC, who is not listed on the current roster.
    Right, that's Grimes from USC. He probably can't comment on him until he officially enrolls at the U, which I'm guessing won't be until this summer.

And snowblowers are for wimps. give me a $10 plastic shovel, and I'm good. I will be playing "The Shoveler" in the remake of "Mystery Men."

Well Son, you do have to realize that you do need to listen to your heart, back etc. Too many deaths etc. of people being macho. Perhaps you can get away with it now, but it will catch up to you. It always will.

Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post

Well Son, you do have to realize that you do need to listen to your heart, back etc. Too many deaths etc. of people being macho. Perhaps you can get away with it now, but it will catch up to you. It always will.
    One of my neighbors is a chiropractor. He says he makes about $6K per inch of snow fall on treating the people that throw out their backs.

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    No family of four is going to realistically purchase season tickets.
    My family of four does. The folks next to me are a family of six, although they only have four seats.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd Degree Gopher View Post
    My family of four does. The folks next to me are a family of six, although they only have four seats.
    You'll have to get more of your Edina buddies to pony up. Between Eden Prairie, Plymouth and Minnetonka you should fill up that stadium full of cake eaters.

You'll have to get more of your Edina buddies to pony up. Between Eden Prairie, Plymouth and Minnetonka you should fill up that stadium full of cake eaters.
    Lucky guess! Full disclosure though, I don't own a snowblower and shovel my driveway all by myself. And as I am sure you'd assume, it's one of those wide three-car garage driveways that all of us in the tony western suburbs seem to have.

They ain't cheap. $70 a seat for second deck to watch kids...
    You can still get Gophers tickets for significantly less than Vikings tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherWeatherGuy View Post
    I am always amazed at what people are willing to spend on Vikings tickets.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GopherWeatherGuy View Post
    All you're doing is arguing that Vikings tickets are ridiculously expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd Degree Gopher View Post
    Lucky guess! Full disclosure though, I don't own a snowblower and shovel my driveway all by myself. And as I am sure you'd assume, it's one of those wide three-car garage driveways that all of us in the tony western suburbs seem to have.
    ...heating coils...

I had four tickets for years until my kids went to the U. Now have two. Not from any of those cities, or North Oaks, or Excelsior, or Wayzata, or Orono, or Maple Grove....

Guy next to me has had six since TCF opened. He's a farmer from out state.

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    I had four tickets for years until my kids went to the U. Now have two. Not from any of those cities, or North Oaks, or Excelsior, or Wayzata, or Orono, or Maple Grove....

Guy next to me has had six since TCF opened. He's a farmer from out state.
    How's that nest egg and pension fund doing for you? Do you enjoy Arizona or Florida in your retirement?
    I know some millionaire farmers. What's his acreage? 1 or 2000 acres?