Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Thanks, son. Get that snowblower.
    SON should have a go-fund-me for his blower

Quote Originally Posted by GopherSteak View Post
    That's what I thought because he said "player I can't talk about right now". Either someone new or Grimes could be getting a waiver. Unless someone else knows something I don't know.
    I feel like he may have just misspoke or was referring to one of the juco transfers.

Grimes on twitter stated after Field's became eligible that he has to sit out but felt he shouldn't. It did sound like he had a compelling case though as he claimed he was robbed at gunpoint.

Thanks, SON

Get seats outside the premium seating area. Last I checked they are available . $249 to $310 price range. That is $35.57 - $44.28 per game. Price is not the issue. Minnesota fans will always find something to complain about, it’s just our nature

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    I feel like he may have just misspoke or was referring to one of the juco transfers.

Grimes on twitter stated after Field's became eligible that he has to sit out but felt he shouldn't. It did sound like he had a compelling case though as he claimed he was robbed at gunpoint.
    Seems like most/all players who have hired a lawyer to help with their waiver application got the waiver shortly thereafter. Wonder if Grimes has the resources to hire a lawyer. I would imagine at a place like Ohio State they find a way to do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingGopher View Post
    Seems like most/all players who have hired a lawyer to help with their waiver application got the waiver shortly thereafter. Wonder if Grimes has the resources to hire a lawyer. I would imagine at a place like Ohio State they find a way to do it for you.
    I'm honestly fine with him sitting out a year. Fleck and Simon could do wonders with him in a year just practicing. And it spreads out the talent a little bit after Tyler graduates.

Quote Originally Posted by dlw4gophers View Post
    Get seats outside the premium seating area. Last I checked they are available . $249 to $310 price range. That is $35.57 - $44.28 per game. Price is not the issue. Minnesota fans will always find something to complain about, it’s just our nature
    Yup - to all of the above.

Yeah, just $35 per game to deal with all the logistical hassles of going down to the stadium, to have a viewing experience that likely isn't even as good as you could get for "free" in your own living room. (yes it's not free per se, but you'd likely be paying for TV regardless anyway)

As I've said ... you're not getting new people into the stadium unless: a) they're having a significantly better viewing experience than what they can get on TV, which means they have to pay out the ___ or b) there is something else OTHER than the game that is enticing them to be down there, which right now is limited to it being some kind of family tradition or if people have a tailgating spot or know someone who does. That's it.

You ain't getting new people in the door by offering them this sweet deal of $35 per game to deal with the hassles and have a viewing experience that is, at best, only as good as they could've had in living room. Will. Not. Work.

Quote Originally Posted by dlw4gophers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Yup - to all of the above.
    Price is certainly an issue for families with young children who would grow up as Gopher football fans.
    Family of 4 has to drop $150 minimum, just to get tickets. Now add 6 home games. You have $900 minimum and you haven't even paid for transportation, parking and snacks.
    $900-$1200 for kids to bounce in their seats or watch their phones. Families do their cost-benefit analysis and choose not to attend.
    People can b!tch all they want and say snobby things about those who don't choose to spend the money.
    B!thing is free (that's why the GH exists) but families just aren't going to come if you don't make their experience great. UMN doesn't even try to bring in young families.
    Better hope the football program becomes consistent top 15 if you want butts in the seats using the present marketing scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Price is certainly an issue for families with young children who would grow up as Gopher football fans.
    Family of 4 has to drop $150 minimum, just to get tickets. Now add 6 home games. You have $900 minimum and you haven't even paid for transportation, parking and snacks.
    $900-$1200 for kids to bounce in their seats or watch their phones. Families do their cost-benefit analysis and choose not to attend.
    People can b!tch all they want and say snobby things about those who don't choose to spend the money.
    B!thing is free (that's why the GH exists) but families just aren't going to come if you don't make their experience great. UMN doesn't even try to bring in young families.
    Better hope the football program becomes consistent top 15 if you want butts in the seats using the present marketing scheme.
    The numbers you're throwing out are just blatantly false and wildly exaggerated. You can choose not to go. That's fully your right, but at least be honest about the cost.

The numbers you're throwing out are just blatantly false and wildly exaggerated. You can choose not to go. That's fully your right, but at least be honest about the cost.
    Nope. The number $35 is the bottom baseline that has been brought up. I know you are a balls to the walls person who will argue half a penny, but using basic numbers my calculations stand. No family of four is going to realistically purchase season tickets.
    I'm sorry if you cannot accept this reality.

I guess I'm not seeing what's so wildly exaggerated - maybe exaggerated a little bit? 6 games, 4 people, at about $35 is $840, but that's assuming you have the absolute cheapest seats you can find for season tickets. Parking is probably at least $15 per game, so that's another $90. If you ate at the game you'd probably be looking at $50 minimum per game - which if you do it for 6 games is another $300.
    So for the "6 games for a family of 4" scenario, I could see you easily getting to $1250-ish range and that is with the cheapest seats in the stadium.

If I knew I could get face value on the secondary market for my tickets I would probably consider buying them again, but there are too many games that I can't make it to (due to kids activities) so it just got to the point where I was eating the tickets or at least a large % of the ticket cost. The alternative is make the tickets so cheap I won't mind eating the cost of missed games. That's just my scenario personally, but I know others with kids are in the same boat with only being able to make it to a few games. Of course if the team starts winning a lot, the secondary market should improve.

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Nope. The number $35 is the bottom baseline that has been brought up. I know you are a balls to the walls person who will argue half a penny, but using basic numbers my calculations stand. No family of four is going to realistically purchase season tickets.
    I'm sorry if you cannot accept this reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    I guess I'm not seeing what's so wildly exaggerated - maybe exaggerated a little bit? 6 games, 4 people, at about $35 is $840, but that's assuming you have the absolute cheapest seats you can find for season tickets. Parking is probably at least $15 per game, so that's another $90. If you ate at the game you'd probably be looking at $50 minimum per game - which if you do it for 6 games is another $300.
    So for the "6 games for a family of 4" scenario, I could see you easily getting to $1250-ish range and that is with the cheapest seats in the stadium.

If I knew I could get face value on the secondary market for my tickets I would probably consider buying them again, but there are too many games that I can't make it to (due to kids activities) so it just got to the point where I was eating the tickets or at least a large % of the ticket cost. The alternative is make the tickets so cheap I won't mind eating the cost of missed games. That's just my scenario personally, but I know others with kids are in the same boat with only being able to make it to a few games. Of course if the team starts winning a lot, the secondary market should improve.
    Did you guys know that there are other ways to attend the games aside from season tickets?

Did you guys know that there are other ways to attend the games aside from season tickets?
    Sounds like something only a “fan” would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

For sure - that's how I get to the couple games a year that I attend. The OP was talking about "ticket packages" which I assume includes season tickets, that's why I was talking about season tickets. I assume the same for Menno.