PJ Fleck Interview new - Sunday 2-10-19 + Mark Coyle interview

back to the transfer questions. As I heard it, Fleck was talking about another transfer - not Treadway or Owens, and when he said "will be eligible next year," I took that to be the 2020 season - not 2019, which would be "this" year.

And when he says "I can't talk about it," that implies a player who has not completed the paperwork or whatever to join the Gophers as a transfer student. So it could be the WR from USC, who is not listed on the current roster.

And snowblowers are for wimps. give me a $10 plastic shovel, and I'm good. I will be playing "The Shoveler" in the remake of "Mystery Men."

Did you guys know that there are other ways to attend the games aside from season tickets?

Oh right, because if a family only comes to a one-off game, then you're satisfied that attendance for the season is where it needs to be and all is well with attendance issues.

So much intellectual dishonesty about this topic. You must work for the ticket office.

back to the transfer questions. As I heard it, Fleck was talking about another transfer - not Treadway or Owens, and when he said "will be eligible next year," I took that to be the 2020 season - not 2019, which would be "this" year.

And when he says "I can't talk about it," that implies a player who has not completed the paperwork or whatever to join the Gophers as a transfer student. So it could be the WR from USC, who is not listed on the current roster.

Right, that's Grimes from USC. He probably can't comment on him until he officially enrolls at the U, which I'm guessing won't be until this summer.

And snowblowers are for wimps. give me a $10 plastic shovel, and I'm good. I will be playing "The Shoveler" in the remake of "Mystery Men."

Well Son, you do have to realize that you do need to listen to your heart, back etc. Too many deaths etc. of people being macho. Perhaps you can get away with it now, but it will catch up to you. It always will.

Well Son, you do have to realize that you do need to listen to your heart, back etc. Too many deaths etc. of people being macho. Perhaps you can get away with it now, but it will catch up to you. It always will.

One of my neighbors is a chiropractor. He says he makes about $6K per inch of snow fall on treating the people that throw out their backs.

My family of four does. The folks next to me are a family of six, although they only have four seats.
You'll have to get more of your Edina buddies to pony up. Between Eden Prairie, Plymouth and Minnetonka you should fill up that stadium full of cake eaters.

You'll have to get more of your Edina buddies to pony up. Between Eden Prairie, Plymouth and Minnetonka you should fill up that stadium full of cake eaters.

Lucky guess! Full disclosure though, I don't own a snowblower and shovel my driveway all by myself. And as I am sure you'd assume, it's one of those wide three-car garage driveways that all of us in the tony western suburbs seem to have.

You can still get Gophers tickets for significantly less than Vikings tickets.
I am always amazed at what people are willing to spend on Vikings tickets.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Lucky guess! Full disclosure though, I don't own a snowblower and shovel my driveway all by myself. And as I am sure you'd assume, it's one of those wide three-car garage driveways that all of us in the tony western suburbs seem to have.
...heating coils...[emoji41]

I had four tickets for years until my kids went to the U. Now have two. Not from any of those cities, or North Oaks, or Excelsior, or Wayzata, or Orono, or Maple Grove....

Guy next to me has had six since TCF opened. He's a farmer from out state.

I had four tickets for years until my kids went to the U. Now have two. Not from any of those cities, or North Oaks, or Excelsior, or Wayzata, or Orono, or Maple Grove....

Guy next to me has had six since TCF opened. He's a farmer from out state.

How's that nest egg and pension fund doing for you? Do you enjoy Arizona or Florida in your retirement?
I know some millionaire farmers. What's his acreage? 1 or 2000 acres?

How's that nest egg and pension fund doing for you? Do you enjoy Arizona or Florida in your retirement?

You seem very concerned with everyone's financial situation.

You seem very concerned with everyone's financial situation.
Nope.
I find it funny that a handful of anecdotal stories are supposed to show that Minnesotans can easily pony up over a grand per year to send their family to watch 19-21 year old kids play football. Empty seats at the stadium argue differently.

Nope.
I find it funny that a handful of anecdotal stories are supposed to show that Minnesotans can easily pony up over a grand per year to send their family to watch 19-21 year old kids play football. Empty seats at the stadium argue differently.

Claiming that it's over $1,000 per year is being dishonest - not that you're interested in having an honest conversation anyway.

Claiming that it's over $1,000 per year is being dishonest - not that you're interested in having an honest conversation anyway.
For 4 people? That's not dishonest. That's looking at an average of $35 per ticket, transportation, parking and food for 6 games.
It's over $1000 dollars. Perhaps that doesn't matter to you.

He’s being dishonest because he’s switching the conversation to buying single ticket games.

That wasn’t at all the context of the discussion, though.

Nope.

As I’ve said before, this board has two groups...
1) Those that think the price for ST is too high
2) Those that want to feel better about their decision to buy ST

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not retired and winter in MN like just about everyone else who lives here.

https://www.minneapolisfed.org/publ...ankruptcies-on-the-rise-in-the-ninth-district

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jessec...erican-farms-are-going-bankrupt/#44496afc65a7

https://www.wsj.com/articles/this-o...arm-belt-bankruptcies-are-soaring-11549468759

https://www.kare11.com/article/news...nting/89-981495ab-f6be-464c-b339-1dff876126cb

Whatever the math is, the department is clearly doing something wrong because they are doing a terrible job of selling tickets.

Nope. The number $35 is the bottom baseline that has been brought up. I know you are a balls to the walls person who will argue half a penny, but using basic numbers my calculations stand. No family of four is going to realistically purchase season tickets.
I'm sorry if you cannot accept this reality.

No family of four?? I would wager there are plenty of families of four who buy tix.

Nope.

There are thousands of Minnesotans who can afford it. Cripes- there are thousands of families that spend thousands putting their kids into various sports-related programs and leagues. It’s just a matter of where people would rather spend their discretionary income.

There are thousands of Minnesotans who can afford it. Cripes- there are thousands of families that spend thousands putting their kids into various sports-related programs and leagues. It’s just a matter of where people would rather spend their discretionary income.

Indeed. Cost-benefit analysis. People look at the cost and its benefits. They decide to spend on something they think is more beneficial to their family. Why do you think that is? Obviously the entertainment value to cost is below them spending their discretionary money to watch 19-21 year old kids.

Cripes- there are thousands of families that spend thousands putting their kids into various sports-related programs and leagues.

Speaking of this....anyone want to start a volleyball club with me? Those places are raking in the money.

Indeed. Cost-benefit analysis. People look at the cost and its benefits. They decide to spend on something they think is more beneficial to their family. Why do you think that is? Obviously the entertainment value to cost is below them spending their discretionary money to watch 19-21 year old kids.

Where people come out when doing the cost-benefit analysis is the real issue. You originally said no families of four would buy tickets because of the cost. That's not true. There are tens of thousands of families across the region that could afford the tickets as they are currently priced. The problem is that they are choosing not to do so.

Top Bottom