Shooter: Uh-oh. Gophers might need to win 5/7 to get into NCAA Tournament

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

Uh-oh: Following Saturday’s 79-55 blowout loss at Michigan State, the Gophers men’s basketball team (16-8) might need to win five of its remaining seven conference games — four of those are on the road — to get into the 68-team NCAA tournament.

Entering the Michigan State game, the Gophers were projected as a 10th seed facing a No. 7 Cincinnati in the South Regional in Des Moines, Iowa, according to ESPN Bracketology. Most national media prognosticators have Minnesota in the tournament at either Nos. 8, 9 or 10 seeds.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/02/...en-looking-forward-to-wilds-joe-mauer-salute/

Go Gophers!!

Nope..4

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He's not wrong about needing five more wins to feel safely in, but they don't all need to come in the regular season. Just need five more total. Win 4 more regular season games plus get 1 W in the conference tournament and we would probably be fine.

What is it like to not be on the bubble? I might never know.

Gophers probably get in going 3-4 with one tourney win

What is it like to not be on the bubble? I might never know.

Well we were 24-10/11-7 and a 5 seed (which we can all acknowledge was overly inflated) in 2017, so we weren’t a bubble team then. But at best, the bubble does seem to be our perpetual resting place.

We were not a bubble team last year.

Not the year before either. Last time we were on the bubble was probably Pitinos first year.

Being on the bubble in early February is not the same thing as being on the bubble at the end of the year.

Start looking up flights to Dayton....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We'll look back on that 13 point second half lead at Mackey as one of the turning points of the season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom