Final 7 Games

Different situations. Coyle wanted his guy running the football program. Though Coyle didn’t hire Pitino word has been Coyle likes him.

Even though not making the tourney this year IMO should be the end of Pitino I just have the feeling Coyle gives him another year.

Yeah I agree, he won't fire Pitino until after we have another bad year and miss out on Suggs, Garcia and the rest of the 2020 recruits. Not to sound sarcastic, but I actually think we will sneak into the tournament, and even if we don't, I don't think he will be fired after this year. I think next year will be a little worse than this year, Suggs and Garcia will go somewhere else, and the Gophers will decide to go in a different direction.

Sorry that you don’t like it but that’s the way it is.

Haha. We wouldn’t really even be a bubble team at 9-11

If the gophers are 19-12 they are going to be passed by a team that’s .500 overall from a worse conference.
Sorry you don’t like it but that’s the way it is.

Given the landscape, saying we "wouldn't even be a bubble team at 9-11" is fit for a Donald Trump tweet in ALL CAPS

Did the committee already pick the tournament teams? I must have missed that. Oh wait...it was just some people posting their rankings on a website. That was your evidence.

Wasn’t meant to be the end all be all. Point was simply that I’m not the only person who pays attention to college basketball who doesn’t think our odds would be very good in that scenario

Wasn’t meant to be the end all be all. Point was simply that I’m not the only person who pays attention to college basketball who doesn’t think our odds would be very good in that scenario

There's a difference between odds wouldn't be "very good" and not even being considered - which is what you stated

Given the landscape, saying we "wouldn't even be a bubble team at 9-11" is fit for a Donald Trump tweet in ALL CAPS

I said “wouldn’t really even”, and by that I mean we wouldn’t be in the first four out at 19–13. Maybe among the final ten or so that were eliminated, but not right on the brink.

I think some of you forget that our nonconference SOS is around 200, and that our computer numbers are already very bubblish if not worse - and that’s before you include the 24 pt loss we just took.

And like I said earlier, other teams are still playing games too. Clemson and Butler both picked up important wins today.

Different situations. Football coach was given the job by default and kept on by an interim AD. Coyle wanted his guy running the football program. Though Coyle didn’t hire Pitino word has been Coyle likes him.

Listen, once and for all, Athletic Directors are not professional league General Managers. They are business managers. The last thing most of them want to do is fire (and even hire) coaches. They aren't watering at the mouth trying to "bring in their guy." They don't care who is coaching as long as the programs are making money and people (especially donors) are happy. They want to bring in money and manage the business end of things.

Claeys was fired because 1) he was cheap to fire, 2) perhaps they thought he reached his ceiling, and 3) the administration wanted to send a message to all the coaches that they aren't the bosses of the university and they better not speak out when they are supposed to keep quiet. Notice that Pitino didn't say squat when Reggie was suspended.

There's a difference between odds wouldn't be "very good" and not even being considered - which is what you stated

Well of course we’d be considered. Every team will be considered.

It depends what your definition of the bubble is.
Last four in plus first four out? I’m positive we wouldn’t be in that group at 19-13.
Last ten in and first ten out? At 19-13 we might be around the 9th or 10th team out so I guess then you might say we were a bubble team. Not a very close one though

Listen, once and for all, Athletic Directors are not professional league General Managers. They are business managers. The last thing most of them want to do is fire (and even hire) coaches. They aren't watering at the mouth trying to "bring in their guy.

Why would anyone listen to what is literally one of the dumbest takes ever posted on this site.

I only see us winning two of these games: Indiana & Rutgers.

Nebraska is a trap game. Neb needs a win and we are just the team to give it to them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I see two...maybe. I switch Rutgers for Northwestern.

I only see us winning two of these games: Indiana & Rutgers.

Nebraska is a trap game. Neb needs a win and we are just the team to give it to them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’ll take Rutgers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you drop one of the 4 toss up ones, then you need to win one of the 3 underdog games.

Let's hope being backed into a corner brings the best out of them.

Why would anyone listen to what is literally one of the dumbest takes ever posted on this site.

Calling me dumb is not a counter argument. That only indicates that you're not capable of making a convincing counter argument. Do you have any experience in higher education or non-profit management? I doubt it.

Last edited:

Calling me dumb is not a counter argument. That only indicates that you're not capable of making a convincing counter argument. Do you have any experience in higher education or non-profit management? I doubt it.

Counter argument is pretty simple. New ADs fire coaches all the time to bring in their guy or if you don’t like that term they bring in someone else they want to run the program.

This isn’t some new concept. Denying it doesn’t happen is dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom