Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final 7 Games

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjbfbp View Post
    Why do you think beating the most reeling team in the conference is going to be some kind of test of the Gophers' mettle? I could easily see the team beating Nebraska, Northwestern, and maybe pulling out one more. I don't see why that performance over the last seven games should impress anyone.
    No one is saying that a win there is a great achievement. But a loss there is devastating. And winning on the road in the B1G is hard.

Why do you think beating the most reeling team in the conference is going to be some kind of test of the Gophers' mettle? I could easily see the team beating Nebraska, Northwestern, and maybe pulling out one more. I don't see why that performance over the last seven games should impress anyone.
    Because we haven't been good on the road, especially not in Lincoln. Everyone is expecting us to lose now. I think its an important first step on getting back on a good path

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post
    @Nebraska
    Indiana
    Michigan
    @Northwestern
    @Rutgers
    Purdue
    @Maryland

We need 4 of these. Other than today, we've been playing hard and in every game since the Illinois debacle. I think we will be dialed back in on Wednesday. But really, asking us to beat a couple lower teams on the road and take down one of the best teams at home is not asking that much for a team with our experience and talent. It's not. Question is, will the vets show up down the stretch?

If they don't and we don't make the tourney, I'm 100% okay with a change at the top.
    +1 This is where I am at. Play the games. If Pitino can't get it done, then so be it.

If sneaking into the tournament means Pitino is back then.....

This team won't get in the NCAA tournament with 3 more wins because the team simply won't be rated highly enough. How much do you think beating Nebraska, Northwestern, and Indiana or Rutgers is going to move the needle if we lose the other 4 games (with three of them possibly being by double digits)?
    None of these games will move the needle up or down either way in the net rankings.
    Hell, penn State is still in the top 100

@Nebraska
    Indiana
    Michigan
    @Northwestern
    @Rutgers
    Purdue
    @Maryland

We need 4 of these. Other than today, we've been playing hard and in every game since the Illinois debacle. I think we will be dialed back in on Wednesday. But really, asking us to beat a couple lower teams on the road and take down one of the best teams at home is not asking that much for a team with our experience and talent. It's not. Question is, will the vets show up down the stretch?

If they don't and we don't make the tourney, I'm 100% okay with a change at the top.
    Could you give a break down of games against the big boys, 50-50 games, and games we will likely be favored in....and then figure out how we need to do in each category in order to make the tournament?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Studwell55 View Post
    If sneaking into the tournament means Pitino is back then.....
    I get what your saying.

From someone who thinks Pitino should be gone if they donít make the tourney Iíve come to believe he will be back next year regardless of how this season ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

@Nebraska. We pull together and win
    Indiana. We win
    Michigan. We either beat Mich or Purdue at home - one of the two good wins left
    @Northwestern. We win one of the road games at NW or Rutgers
    @Rutgers
    Purdue
    @Maryland. We lose.

That puts us at 10-10. Would that get us in?

Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    Indiana. We win
    @Rutgers
    Purdue
    @Maryland. We lose.

Without question IMO

Quote Originally Posted by scools12 View Post
    I get what your saying.

From someone who thinks Pitino should be gone if they don’t make the tourney I’ve come to believe he will be back next year regardless of how this season ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why do you think that? Did Coyle not show himself willing to make a change when he easily could of stuck with the incumbent with the football program?

Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    Indiana. We win
    @Rutgers
    Purdue
    @Maryland. We lose.

That plus a win in the B1G tourney would likely be enough. About 80% chance we’d be in

That coupled with losing our first B1G tourney game would really depend on how the other bubble teams finished their seasons. Maybe 30% to get in

Default Final 7 Games

Why do you think that? Did Coyle not show himself willing to make a change when he easily could of stuck with the incumbent with the football program?
    Different situations. Football coach was given the job by default and kept on by an interim AD. Coyle wanted his guy running the football program. Though Coyle didnít hire Pitino word has been Coyle likes him.

Even though not making the tourney this year IMO should be the end of Pitino I just have the feeling Coyle gives him another year.
    Last edited by scools12; 02-09-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzle22 View Post
    That plus a win in the B1G tourney would likely be enough. About 80% chance we’d be in

That coupled with losing our first B1G tourney game would really depend on how the other bubble teams finished their seasons. Maybe 30% to get in
    If you think 10-10 minnesota who loses to someone like Iowa in their first big ten tourney game only would have a 30% chance of getting in, you clearly don’t pay attention to college basketball outside the big ten.

Right now these teams are in bracket matrix’ first 8 out:
    13-10 Nebraska
    18-5 Utah state
    15-8 Clemson
    12-10 Florida
    14-8 Arkansas
    13-10 creighton
    14-10 butler
    21-3 UNC Greensborough

Here are some teams that are currently in:
    Indiana 13-10
    Temple 17-7
    Central Florida 16-5
    Seton hall 13-9

Seriously. The bubble sucks.
    We are probably no worse than a 50/50 shot if we go 9-11 and avoid a bad loss in the BTT

Quote Originally Posted by scools12 View Post
    Different situations. Football coach was given the job by default and kept on by an interim AD. Coyle wanted his guy running the football program. Though Coyle didn’t hire Pitino word has been Coyle likes him.

Even though not making the tourney this year IMO should be the end of Pitino I just have the feeling Coyle gives him another year.
    Id guess a lot depends how we finish the season. If we have no fight and they look like they did today, I think he would make a move. But I don't see that kind of finish happening. McBrayer has to eventually pull it together and Murphy will be battling for his last shot at the tourney

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    If you think 10-10 minnesota who loses to someone like Iowa in their first big ten tourney game only would have a 30% chance of getting in, you clearly don’t pay attention to college basketball outside the big ten.

Right now these teams are in bracket matrix’ first 8 out:
    13-10 Nebraska
    18-5 Utah state
    15-8 Clemson
    12-10 Florida
    14-8 Arkansas
    13-10 creighton
    14-10 butler
    21-3 UNC Greensborough

Here are some teams that are currently in:
    Indiana 13-10
    Temple 17-7
    Central Florida 16-5
    Seton hall 13-9

Seriously. The bubble sucks.
    We are probably no worse than a 50/50 shot if we go 9-11 and avoid a bad loss in the BTT
    Sorry that you don’t like it but that’s the way it is.

The bubble is getting better. Clemson beat Va Tech today. Butler picked up a Q1 win at Georgetown. One of Seton Hall or Creighton is going to pick up a quality win today since they play each other.

This site breaks it down by number of wins. Not saying this is perfect, but it seems to be more in line with my percentages than yours.
    https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-ba...s/bracketology

Haha. We wouldn’t really even be a bubble team at 9-11
    Last edited by bizzle22; 02-09-2019 at 04:43 PM.