Default Final 7 Games

@Nebraska
    Indiana
    Michigan
    @Northwestern
    @Rutgers
    Purdue
    @Maryland

We need 4 of these. Other than today, we've been playing hard and in every game since the Illinois debacle. I think we will be dialed back in on Wednesday. But really, asking us to beat a couple lower teams on the road and take down one of the best teams at home is not asking that much for a team with our experience and talent. It's not. Question is, will the vets show up down the stretch?

If they don't and we don't make the tourney, I'm 100% okay with a change at the top.

I think we only need 3

Blog Entries

I can see anywhere from 1-6 to 5-2. However, the former feels more likely.

I only see us winning two of these games: Indiana & Rutgers.

Nebraska is a trap game. Neb needs a win and we are just the team to give it to them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We never win at Nebraska - our offense is atrocious (people have figured out Coffey and Murphy)

Quote Originally Posted by Ewert86PC View Post
    I only see us winning two of these games: Indiana & Rutgers.

Nebraska is a trap game. Neb needs a win and we are just the team to give it to them.

We were playing good ball against the top teams before this gnarly 2-game offensive funk. Even with nothing going on offense, we still battled Sconny to one possession near the end. So I guess I'm banking on us pulling our heads out of our asses as far as shooting.

Regardless, after Nebraska loses at Purdue today, that will be 7 in a row. Their confidence can't be high. We'll see how much Tim can get out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post
    Regardless, after Nebraska loses at Purdue today, that will be 7 in a row. Their confidence can't be high. We'll see how much Tim can get out of them.
    Gophers have lost 3 in a row. Same could be said about them Pitino.

I donít see this team as mentally or physically tough enough to win 2 out of the 4 road games no matter who they play.

Also donít see them sweeping the 3 home games. Unless something drastically changes the Gophers at this point look headed to the NIT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll spell it out for you.

This team is S-A-W-F-T, sawwffttt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scools12 View Post
    Gophers have lost 3 in a row. Same could be said about them Pitino.

I don’t see this team as mentally or physically tough enough to win 2 out of the 4 road games no matter who they play.

Also don’t see them sweeping the 3 home games. Unless something drastically changes the Gophers at this point look headed to the NIT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This week is definitely make or break. We can see what Pitino is made of as a coach and a motivator.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewert86PC View Post
    I'll spell it out for you.

This team is S-A-W-F-T, sawwffttt!!!

They showed a lot of grit at Wisconsin, at Michigan and against Iowa at home.

Blog Entries

I am going with four wins. We pull it together and win four or five

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    I think we only need 3
    This team won't get in the NCAA tournament with 3 more wins because the team simply won't be rated highly enough. How much do you think beating Nebraska, Northwestern, and Indiana or Rutgers is going to move the needle if we lose the other 4 games (with three of them possibly being by double digits)?

Quote Originally Posted by cjbfbp View Post
    This team won't get in the NCAA tournament with 3 more wins because the team simply won't be rated highly enough. How much do you think beating Nebraska, Northwestern, and Indiana or Rutgers is going to move the needle if we lose the other 4 games (with three of them possibly being by double digits)?
    As Selection Sunday has noted- it depends on who you beat. If they beat Purdue and Michigan then 1 more might do it. Otherwise, because they have been routed three times now, we need to be 10-10 or better. The team is in a funk. We'll see how they respond.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjbfbp View Post
    Agreed. I think the only way 3 more wins is good enough is if Michigan, Purdue or Maryland is one of them. Which means multiple potentially bad losses to Nebraska, IU, Rutgers or NW.

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post
    Why do you think beating the most reeling team in the conference is going to be some kind of test of the Gophers' mettle? I could easily see the team beating Nebraska, Northwestern, and maybe pulling out one more. I don't see why that performance over the last seven games should impress anyone.