***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

It’s quite simple. We are the worst shooting team I’ve ever seen. It’s not just threes. It’s everywhere. We have other deficiencies, this godawful couldn’t be overcome no matter what.

How can a Division 1 team, in the Big Ten no less, have a roster this bad at the the most fundamental skill in the game?

I like Pitino, but this is too much. You either need to recruit better or teach better. We are a mess. Unless there is a miracle and we get in the tourney, he has to go. He’s got a few games left to turn it around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitino is coaching for his job today or he's scared of being outcoached.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nah - this is a throw away game and he knows it.

He starts coaching for his job at Nebraska.

I wasn't expecting a win but was hoping for something more than whatever is going on.

I'd be interested in knowing the percentage of passes caught in our offense where the guy who catches the ball is no threat to shoot. Seems like every other pass is a 4/5 catching the ball beyond the free throw line. Doesn't help that those players are horrible at feeding their counterpart in the post.

What a stupid comment. He's not coaching for his job today- no one expects a win here today. He will be coaching for his job in games to come, but not this one.
Thank you for admitting he is not the caliber coach of Tom Izzo. You've helped set how far he has not come in six years.

Nah - this is a throw away game and he knows it.

He starts coaching for his job at Nebraska.

I'm not a "basketball guy", but can recognize that this logic does not fly.

Washington makes the offense so much better. I don't understand how Pitino can't figure that out.

I'd be interested in knowing the percentage of passes caught in our offense where the guy who catches the ball is no threat to shoot. Seems like every other pass is a 4/5 catching the ball beyond the free throw line. Doesn't help that those players are horrible at feeding their counterpart in the post.

+100 If I was scouting the Gopher offense for another team, I could watch them for six or eight games. I'd still go back to my head coach and say, "Coach, I have no idea what Minnesota is trying to do on offense. My recommendation -- just let 'em shoot."

To go along with this stat just quoted "Minnesota is 252nd in the country in FT shooting and 317th from 3 point range." How gawd-awful is that?

Pitino is like Gardenhire. Stubborn as $&@! for some reason.

I'm not a "basketball guy", but can recognize that this logic does not fly.

Yes this logic flys. Losing this game as -14 point underdog on the road with MSU on 3 game losing streak is the most likely outcome.

Losing this game will not be a deciding factor in his fate.

Yes this logic flys. Losing this game as -14 point underdog on the road with MSU on 3 game losing streak is the most likely outcome.

The overriding theme of this thread is there a lot of people looking to pour gas on the Pitino fire during a game in which we are not even expected to have a shot

The margin by which he loses this game is the watchable factor.

I get the odds, but hope to hell he is not looking at any game as a throwaway.

Holy hell have Coffee, McBrayer and even Murphy to an extent disappeared lately. Tough to win when you get nothing out of your best players

Glad Dakich said it about Coffey...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Why can't our offense look as efficient as MSU's?

I get the odds, but hope to hell he is not looking at any game as a throwaway.

I didn’t mean literally throw the game away.

You still hope to compete and not get blown out of the gym. This just isn’t a great spot for them and I am sure Pitino knows that.

ESPN can go to hell. This split screen nonsense is ridiculous.

Izzo is one of the biggest whiners in college basketball.

Stockman is playing hard. It KILLS our offense so much that Dupree is scared to shoot

What margin of loss would it take for you to consider RP needing to go?

The overriding theme of this thread is there a lot of people looking to pour gas on the Pitino fire during a game in which we are not even expected to have a shot

Obviously the fact that we don't have a shot is the primary problem. The icing on the cake is underachieving even relative to that expectation.

Top Bottom