***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

This is a good point, and a problem at the core of our offense. Coffey is a bit too random, streaky and manages to make some low percentage shots that we'd be better off without him taking. The offense runs through him, but he doesnt run the offense.

Exactly right. The lack of a point guard is killing us and the offense with it.

None of us are behind the scenes to understand what has gone on with IW, who I like as you do.
I think that the inability to draw the best of IW is going to be the footnote on this season if we fail to make the tourney. I thought it might have been a good strategy by Pitino to withhold playing time until he played the right way. But, I also fault Pitino for not finding the moment where IW did play the right way. I think he should have taken the chance and given him the keys right then and there. IW is a confidence player and I think that, while he earned criticism, Pitino might have overplayed the negative

Last edited:

Exactly right. The lack of a point guard is killing us and the offense with it.

None of us are behind the scene to understand what has gone on with IW, who I like as you do.
I think that the inability to draw the best of IW is going to be the footnote on this season if we fail to make the tourney. I thought it might have been a good strategy by Pitino to withhold playing time until he played the right way. But, I also fault Pitino for not find the moment where IW did play the right way. I think he should have taken the chance and given him the keys right then and there. IW is a confidence player and I think that, while he earned criticism, Pitino might have overplayed the negative
Yes, I think so. As a teacher, I had to take the perspective that if a student wasnt learning then I was failing in some way - not saying full responsibility but continuing to look for the method where we'd find mutual success. That may be happening now, but late. People can assume 'not listening' implies intent, but we know males that age are often difficult to get through to. Listening and hearing are different things.
I watched the women's game today against Northwestern. Kenisha Bell is a true point guard & had a double double, and turned the ball over at least 5 times, missed bunnies, made steals, got in foul trouble, led all scorers, etc. Without her, they hadn't a chance but she makes a lot of mistakes - which can come with the territory with an aggressive player.
Yes, we don't know what all is happening, but it concerns me that Pitino seems to have trouble taking the bad with the good. I'd also call IW a 'natural' which needs to be accepted and developed in a different way than a gym rat.

Top Bottom